1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Felix Jones traded to the Steelers

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by Risen Star, Aug 23, 2013.

1. dallasfan4lizife

dallasfan4lizife Well-Known Member

2,595 Messages
    255 Likes Received
    I just remember how giddy jones was after the pick. Like he got the steal of the draft.
  2. CowboyGil

CowboyGil Active Member

897 Messages
    161 Likes Received
    Right? He put a pretty good hit on Dez in the Raiders game and Dez popped up and got in his face talking smack. Loved it!!
  3. big dog cowboy

big dog cowboy THE BIG DOG Staff Member

48,228 Messages
    2,799 Likes Received
    Escapes me now. Going to bug me all day.
  4. marchetta

marchetta Well-Known Member

2,983 Messages
    80 Likes Received
    Yep. I wanted to throw my keyboard through my monitor when we passed on Rice. He reminded me so much of Emmitt, and thought he was the best of the bunch. Still can't believe we passed on him to take Felix.
    Pottsville Maroons likes this.
  5. 03EBZ06

03EBZ06 Need2Speed

7,979 Messages
    411 Likes Received
    I was so mad when Cowboys selected F. Jones, I wanted them to pick Ray Rice so bad.
    Pottsville Maroons likes this.
  6. TheCount

TheCount Pixel Pusher

20,664 Messages
    688 Likes Received
    To be fair, he's giddy after every draft.
    WoodysGirl likes this.
  7. Corso

Corso Well-Known Member

1,865 Messages
    1,012 Likes Received
    It was Joker#28 or something like that.
    He always threw out tons of statistic of how Felix was a superior running back constantly.
    He couldn't help himself.
    He wrote some great posts, though.
  8. KJJ

KJJ You Have an Axe to Grind

10,353 Messages
    696 Likes Received
    Jerry had his franchise back in Marion Barber so he used a first round pick on a back to compliment a 4th round $45 million back who couldn't get outside and turn the corner or run 30 yards without being chased down.
  9. Screw The Hall

Screw The Hall Well-Known Member

2,047 Messages
    73 Likes Received
    What did it for me was when he came in last year and failed his conditioning test precamp. There's no way to defend that, especially for a skill position.
  10. KJJ

10,353 Messages
    696 Likes Received
    Felix showed great potential when he first arrived I think he went stale from the lack of carries and ended up losing his desire.
  11. stasheroo

stasheroo Well-Known Member

17,123 Messages
    1,006 Likes Received
    That's who it was, thanks!
  12. AbeBeta

AbeBeta Well-Known Member

24,912 Messages
    586 Likes Received
    Can someone remind me who we actually were going to take instead of Felix. Not who you wanted, not who you are saying you wanted to look smart after the fact, the guy we were actually going to take if it wasn't Felix.
  13. KJJ

10,353 Messages
    696 Likes Received
    I don't remember the Cowboys targeting anyone but Felix. He seemed to be the player Jerry was enamored with from the get go. In an interview he admitted Wade wanted Chris Johnson. An RB and corner were the players targeted in that draft.
  14. jblaze2004

jblaze2004 Well-Known Member

8,244 Messages
    258 Likes Received
    so you don't draft a guy in the first round to be a role player. That's bad drafting.
  15. AbeBeta

24,912 Messages
    586 Likes Received
    I think Broaddus had a tweet on this a while back.
  16. Aven8

Aven8 Well-Known Member

4,119 Messages
    739 Likes Received
    I always liked Felix and thought he got a bad rap. He was what he was, a change of pace back, but what most people fail to mention he was a fantastic pass protector. One of the best I've seen here since Emmitt.

That whole Arkansas backfield has turned out to be all hype apparently. Good thing we didn't trade up to get that bum McFadden. All three backs are made of glass, and it appears Felix was the healthiest of the three.
  17. AbeBeta

24,912 Messages
    586 Likes Received
    Kevin Smith -- that was who Broaddus said we would have taken. I can't find the tweet but I'm recalling it now.
  18. KJJ

10,353 Messages
    696 Likes Received
    It's definitely bad drafting to use a #1 on a role player the first round is where you're looking for starters. You have 6 other rounds and free agency to find a role player. Matt Forte was drafted 22 spots after Felix. Ray Rice was drafted 33 spots after Felix. Jamaall Charles was drafted 2 rounds after Felix. When Jerry becomes enamored with a player weeks before the draft that's never a good sign. Even after Chris Johnson put up over 2000 yards in 09 Jerry still wouldn't concede he was better than Felix.
  19. KJJ

10,353 Messages
    696 Likes Received
    He said Kevin Smith instead of Felix? Kevin Smith was available he went in the 3rd round. Maybe Smith is who Broaddus wanted which could explain why he's no longer a scout.
  20. stasheroo

stasheroo Well-Known Member

17,123 Messages
    1,006 Likes Received
    I always thought that was Kevin Jones when we took Julius instead of Steven Jackson?