1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

News: Fifth-round pick Coale says he's comfortable playing outside receiver and slot

Discussion in 'News Zone' started by WoodysGirl, May 4, 2012.

1. WoodysGirl

WoodysGirl Do it for the Vine! Staff Member

64,500 Messages
    3,333 Likes Received
    -- Carlos Mendez

Fifth-round pick Danny Coale said he is comfortable playing both on the outside and in the slot, and he got a chance to do both in the first practice of a rookie minicamp at Valley Ranch on Friday.

“You see the field from different points of view, and you have different matchups,” he said. “There are a lot more one-on-one matchups on the outside. My experience there, I feel comfortable with doing both positions. There’s a lot of route-running in the NFL that I’m trying to learn. You’ve got to be crisp. You’ve got to be quick. I’m trying to get that down now.”

Coale, 6-0 and 196 pounds, said he knows he’s going to get a look in the competition for the No. 3 receiver spot, but he’s not worried about that yet.

Read more here: http://sportsblogs.star-telegram.co...-outside-receiver-and-slot.html#storylink=cpy
  2. TheCount

TheCount Pixel Pusher

20,668 Messages
    689 Likes Received
    I'm sure he'd be comfortable playing fullback if the team asked him to, he's that kind of kid.
  3. RS12

RS12 Well-Known Member

13,814 Messages
    888 Likes Received
    Fifth-round pick Danny Coale said he is comfortable playing both on the outside and in the slot, and he got a chance to do both in the first practice of a rookie minicamp at Valley Ranch on Friday.

“You see the field from different points of view, and you have different matchups,” he said. “There are a lot more one-on-one matchups on the outside. My experience there, I feel comfortable with doing both positions. There’s a lot of route-running in the NFL that I’m trying to learn. You’ve got to be crisp. You’ve got to be quick. I’m trying to get that down now.”

Coale, 6-0 and 196 pounds, said he knows he’s going to get a look in the competition for the No. 3 receiver spot, but he’s not worried about that yet.

“I’m just going to take it practice by practice,” he said. “Try and get in the playbook and understand it and learn and become a better receiver, learn from the receivers that are here. There are a lot of great wide receivers here that I can learn from. And just keep getting better. And we’ll see where it takes me.”

Receivers coach Jimmy Robinson said there is going to be a lot of competition at receiver.

“I think we’re off to a good start,” he said. “Danny is a pretty bright kid. He knows what he’s doing. Cole Beasley did some nice things. We’ve got an awful long way to go. But there are some bright spots. It was a little ragged at times, but you kind of expect that.”

-- Carlos Mendez

Read more here: http://sportsblogs.star-telegram.co...eferral&utm_campaign=br_cowboys#storylink=cpy