1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Fighting the good fight

Discussion in 'Political Zone' started by Cajuncowboy, Oct 8, 2008.

1. Cajuncowboy

Cajuncowboy Preacher From The Black Lagoon

27,476 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Ok guys and gals. This campaign cycle we have fought the good fight and came out swinging when we had to. Unfortunately, our candidate did not. I was willing to give him one more chance last night and that pretty much sealed the deal for me.

I have said all along I don't think this would be close on election day and I still think McCain can win but with last night's performance, not that he did any worse than obama, I don't think he did enough to attract enough attention away from the pro obama media.

The forum last night would have been good had Brokaw not hand picked the questions. A true "Town Hall" forum would allow for more of a free exchange between the candidates and the people. THis didn't happen last night.

McCain and Obama both did nothing but their stump speeches. McCain should have laid into Obama's ties with the terrorist, his racist pastor and mentor and his wife who has never been proud of her country. He should have been more specific about what HE would do with the economic issues and the only place he did that was talk about more handouts with the buying down of bad mortgages. :confused: WTH was that all about?

I guess in the day and age we live when government hand outs and left wing ideas are touted so much in the MSM that's the direction all candidates will go.

Unless there is something I don't know or the American people don't know, McCain shot himself in the foot last night. And I for one am not bandaging the wound.

He wasn't my first second or even third choice for the nominee but I got on board fully when Palin came on. She acts more like the person I want in the WH than McCain.

So, if obama wins, enjoy your new job at McDonalds. Enjoy your substandard health care and enjoy watching America go down the toilet for 4 years.

We are a country of imbeciles sometimes. We can't even get a decent freakin' candidate on either side.
  2. Danny White

Danny White Winter is Coming

12,344 Messages
    0 Likes Received
  3. Wheat

Wheat Philosopher

2,924 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    please, that didn't happen under Clinton...how can you prove it would happen now?
  4. BrAinPaiNt

BrAinPaiNt Brotherhood of the Beard Staff Member

60,377 Messages
    3,634 Likes Received
    Giving up before they ever go to the election?

Kind of like some cowboys fans on game day giving up on the boys and saying it is over in the first quarter.

I do have a question for you. Does this mean you will not be voting for McCain or voting at all?
  5. Sasquatch

Sasquatch Lost in the Woods

4,451 Messages
    131 Likes Received
    Reality starts to set in.
  6. BrAinPaiNt

60,377 Messages
    3,634 Likes Received
    I don't know. I do know that some are really seeming like it is over already. This is not the first person i have seen it from. Have even talked about in PM to a few.

The last thing I expected to see is the republican backers (whether they claim they are only conservatives or not) seemingly giving up with with almost a month to go.

I wonder now if they see the Palin/McCain CAMPs strategy of attacking Obama on ayers/wright and stuff now a sign of desperation or not.

It is just shocking to see some that were so darn spit fire sure of this thing a few days, weeks or months ago seem like they just don't see it now.

And yet it still is not over at this time.

Just shocking to me...I keep saying that but I just can not think of another description that fits better.

I mean it is become somewhat uniform in the timing and expression that the conspiracy side of me almost thinks they got some email from the right wing saying to act this way and pretend to quit in order to keep dem voters from going out and voting thinking that the election is already wrapped up...that is how shocking I find it.
  7. ZeroClub

ZeroClub just trying to get better

7,619 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Yeah, there is still plenty of time for this thing to swing the other way.

But confidence in McCain's camp (to manufacture a swing) seems to be low, for the moment.
  8. Rackat

Rackat Active Member

2,134 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    It's not over, but it ain't that far to the finish line. The Republican candidate is just not doing ALL that he can to win. Obama is just coasting now, and rather than making a hardcharging run at the lead McCain seems to be content with second place. And, as someone once said, "Second place is just the first loser."
  9. Sasquatch

Sasquatch Lost in the Woods

4,451 Messages
    131 Likes Received
    No, it is not, but when the zealots on this board start losing faith that is a sure sign that the campaign is running out of oxygen.
  10. ConcordCowboy

ConcordCowboy Mr. Buckeye

12,747 Messages
    2 Likes Received
    Jeeezzzee Louise...Cajun throwing in the towel?!?!

:laugh2:

O-H-I-O!
  11. Big Dakota

Big Dakota New Member

11,875 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Cajun will be signing at a book store near you.

[IMG]
  12. ConcordCowboy

ConcordCowboy Mr. Buckeye

12,747 Messages
    2 Likes Received
    :laugh2:
  13. Royal Laegotti

Royal Laegotti Dyin' ain't much of a livin', boy!

4,971 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    That's the book Alec Baldwin should've read!
  14. StevenOtero

StevenOtero Well-Known Member

6,373 Messages
    306 Likes Received
    [IMG]

The only non-puppet candidate, and you all shunned him and laughed at him. Now the joke is on you! Two puppet candidates that offer change. ba hahahahahaha

Edit: Until we wake up to the false left/right paradigm... this country will stay on the path to destruction.
  15. Royal Laegotti

4,971 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I grow more and more convinced each day that this is the man I should write in.
  16. StevenOtero

6,373 Messages
    306 Likes Received
    Geebus! How much more convincing do you need?
  17. StevenOtero

6,373 Messages
    306 Likes Received
  18. Royal Laegotti

4,971 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Not much, it's just the fact that it's throwing my vote away. He has no chance ya know!
  19. StevenOtero

6,373 Messages
    306 Likes Received
    Voting is not a horse race dude. You vote with your heart, not what the sheeple are doing.
  20. BrAinPaiNt

60,377 Messages
    3,634 Likes Received
    :laugh1: :laugh1: Ronbo