1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Final upgrade of my draft spreadsheets...

Discussion in 'Draft Zone' started by silverbear, Apr 20, 2012.

1. silverbear

silverbear Semi-Official Loose Cannon

24,188 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Are now available at Google docs...

Draft Prospects by Ranking-- https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Aqsjuz91Mfp2dHhIY1RsWllGalpKQ2Nha1kzcXhBVnc#gid=0

Draft Prospects By Position-- https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Aqsjuz91Mfp2dDh1VVY0d29zWXRXTHdlbWM1eHJjWmc#gid=0

Draft Prospects the Cowboys Like-- https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Aqsjuz91Mfp2dFk1d3BKakpScVV4NHFtMGVTUTVHeVE#gid=0

To refresh everyone's memory, I used the rankings of NFL Draft Scout, Pro Football Weekly and (where available) DraftTek and then averaged those rankings together to give each player a consensus "grade"...

When one of those services ranked a player much lower (more than 100 picks) than the other two did, I put an asterisk on that ranking, and ranked the players one draft slot higher than his "grade" would suggest...

When you see a 40 time with an asterisk, that means either that the player was injured and didn't run during the offseason, or that injured player did run but put up a 40 time that I believe is slower than he's capable of when healthy...

When a player is listed in a blue shaded row, that's a player the Cowboys like... when a player is listed in a grey shadowed row, that's a likely undrafted rookie free agent that I find interesting... players listed in italic fonts are favorites of mine...

And with this, my research for the draft is completed... bring it on...
  2. LittleD

LittleD Active Member

866 Messages
    74 Likes Received
    This took a lot of time and effort and we thank you from the community. Now if the Cowboy Braintrust can only execute on some of this research...Nah! that's a bit too much for these buffoons to contemplate. Jerry will pull the trigger on every glitz (loser) player he can see. All he needs is another 2009 draft and he'll rank up there with Al Davis.
  3. Duane

Duane Active Member

6,888 Messages
    19 Likes Received
    Thanks for all the work SB.
  4. CCBoy

CCBoy Well-Known Member

17,096 Messages
    1,340 Likes Received
    Thanks, Bear...I don't go into the draft without a referenced set of spread sheets done up by yourself. :) :star:
  5. CCBoy

CCBoy Well-Known Member

17,096 Messages
    1,340 Likes Received
    Curious...didn't see Coples anywhere...so, I assume you feel he will be no where near Dallas.
  6. DrunkWithPower

DrunkWithPower Member

171 Messages
    5 Likes Received
    Thank you! This is awesome!
  7. silverbear

24,188 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    No way, no how...
  8. silverbear

24,188 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    You're welcome... enjoy...
  9. silverbear

24,188 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    It's a strange hobby, but it does help pass the hours... :D
  10. RSM94

RSM94 Member

59 Messages
    4 Likes Received
    Silverbear,

Thanks for all the hard work. The Boys have a real chance to improve the team with this draft....let's hope they do it!!
  11. big dog cowboy

big dog cowboy THE BIG DOG Staff Member

50,804 Messages
    4,877 Likes Received
  12. ceerrece

ceerrece Active Member

275 Messages
    94 Likes Received
    Great job!