1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Fire Jason Garrett

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by Zordon, Nov 10, 2013.

1. bysbox1

bysbox1 Well-Known Member

1,197 Messages
    87 Likes Received
    I've been arguing this point since 2010. I said back then we would regret him becoming HC. I said it way back . . . here:

http://cowboyszone.com/threads/i-wi...ratch-his-rhg-itch.198168/page-4#post-3675180

So he was made an interim coach with minimal experience. But to me he did not do enough to warrant getting the job anyway. And the interview process to keep him here was ridiculous, and now we're paying for it.

Actually the worse thing that happened was in 2009 when Garrett had a chance to move on and he stayed here. That would have forced Jerry to interview more people in 2010 and would have given us a different HC back then.

I did not like Garrett that much back then and I don't like him now.
  2. bysbox1

bysbox1 Well-Known Member

1,197 Messages
    87 Likes Received
    Nothing.
    Zordon likes this.
  3. Chocolate Lab

Chocolate Lab Run-loving Dino

33,928 Messages
    2,890 Likes Received
    If you guys can't see what's being built here, I don't know what to tell you.
  4. Beast_from_East

Beast_from_East Well-Known Member

15,145 Messages
    2,673 Likes Received
    Dont worry fellas, after New York kicks our arse maybe Jerry will start coming around.

I can take a couple of more beat downs if it gets our loser head coach a one way bus ticket out of big D.
  5. Beast_from_East

Beast_from_East Well-Known Member

15,145 Messages
    2,673 Likes Received

LOL.
  6. Ren

Ren Well-Known Member

11,026 Messages
    451 Likes Received
    You guys set your selves up for these kind of seasons.

Rob Ryan was never the problem with the defense but as soon as he took the blame everyone started believing this year would be different. We're now record setting bad on D because we didn't address the real reasons why this D has sucked for years

Is Garrett a good coach? No, will just changing coach fix what's wrong with this team? No, but it will buy Jerry another year out "relevance" (which he cares more about then winning) out of this crap team without having to face the music and rebuild

We're a bad football team and games like last night prove it, sadly we got so much money tied up in aging way washed up talent that we're stuck here for a while
  7. 17yearsandcounting

17yearsandcounting Benched

2,391 Messages
    1,677 Likes Received

Hilarious how many people were drinking the koolaid back then. Jerry loves people like that.
  8. Roadtrip635

Roadtrip635 Well-Known Member

793 Messages
    349 Likes Received
  9. Floaty

Floaty Well-Known Member

822 Messages
    298 Likes Received
    Yeah....what is next move? Callahan????? hahahahahahhaha

Sucked they neutered Garrett @ the beginning of this year......But really what did you expect????

Garrett does nothing but answer questions to the media. He is paid to take heat for Jerry's ineptitude....And that is it. Any coach worth his weight doesn't want that job.

Question is.....who is the next shill?
  10. alicetooljam

alicetooljam Active Member

509 Messages
    105 Likes Received
    The defense cant get much worse, but either ZERO 3rd down conversions...
  11. kramskoi

kramskoi Well-Known Member

1,780 Messages
    337 Likes Received
    He's invested...pretty simple actually. No man is totally immune to confirmation bias as a defense against less savory observations contradicting a held opinion.
  12. NickZepp

NickZepp Well-Known Member

2,673 Messages
    172 Likes Received
    I don't know if this is all Garrett's fault. Basically Jerry Jones hand picked our defensive staff and that's why we got what we got. Jerry needs to be fired as much as Garrett does. I can't disagree with anyone that says that Garrett should be fired though.
  13. popp1234

popp1234 You will never outwork me, you talented bum! Zone Supporter

3,217 Messages
    251 Likes Received
    The thing about Garrett is that if he is fired, he will go from coaching the most visible franchise in all of sports to coaching obscurity. I'd venture to say no other team would even hire him as their offensive coordinator with the way his system and philosophy is looking now. Maybe he gets a QB coach gig at the most. That's a pretty big fall and a pretty big indictment of Jerry.
    Last edited: Nov 11, 2013
    tantrix1969 and birdwells1 like this.
  14. WPBCowboysFan

WPBCowboysFan Well-Known Member

5,766 Messages
    1,973 Likes Received
    Oh, we see it every game.

[IMG]
  15. birdwells1

birdwells1 Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

3,377 Messages
    499 Likes Received
    I remember arguing that fact that we should interview all available candidates and if Garrett was the best then we should go with him. Some people didn't even want to interview anyone but JG, which makes no sense to me. Those people sounded more like JG fans than Cowboys fans.
  16. CowboyMcCoy

CowboyMcCoy Business is a Boomin

12,749 Messages
    234 Likes Received
    Of course, he knows that is utter BS.
  17. Joe Rod

Joe Rod When Keeping it Real Goes Wrong

8,502 Messages
    589 Likes Received
    2nd worst coach in franchise history and I don't have him much higher than Campo honestly.
  18. Sarge

Sarge Red, White and Brew... Staff Member

20,958 Messages
    1,848 Likes Received
    That's what any good Steeler fan will tell you.
    tantrix1969 likes this.
  19. Sarge

Sarge Red, White and Brew... Staff Member

20,958 Messages
    1,848 Likes Received
    Ignore feature.
  20. CowboyMcCoy

CowboyMcCoy Business is a Boomin

12,749 Messages
    234 Likes Received
    Do I need to pardon you folks while you flat out wax nostalgic on us? Did you used to respect me? Are we witnessing the next Landry? Are we fans all know-nothings? Do we need a quarterback with pedigree? Romo throws lollipops? Process? Right Kind of Guys?

Peace