1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

First 3 rounds, with 1 trade

Discussion in 'Draft Zone' started by Manwiththeplan, Jan 10, 2013.

1. Manwiththeplan

Manwiththeplan Well-Known Member

4,858 Messages
    193 Likes Received
    Only 1 trade, we go from 18th to 24 and pick up a third.

1.) Barrett Jones, OL, Alabama
    I'm almost tempted to take him at 18, and if St. Louis doesn't draft Warmack at 16, I'm pretty sure I would. Offers a lot of versitility, can be a day 1 starter at any of the interior spots and adds a toughness to the o-line we lack.
    2.) Margus Hunt, DE, Southern Methodist
    If we're able to add a NT in free agency, I think we should definately take Hunt IF he's even there at 47. I don't know if he'd be able to switch to being a 3-4 end on day 1, but I'm confident he can contribute in nickel situations and provide consistent inside pressure. Even if we switched to a 4-3, he'd still be a great pick in round 2.
    3a.) Chris Faulk, OT, Louisiana State
    Ideally I would go OT in round 1, but with Jake Matthews and Taylor Lewan returning for their senior seasons, the value won't be there in round 1. Faulk could be a tremendous value in round 3 since he's coming off a torn ACL, but he's definately a guy teams will be interested in. Likely needs to commit to being in better shape, but he certainly has the size (6'6 330) to play RT and is a better athlete than DJ Fluker. Could've been a first rounder this year if not for injury.
    3b.) Kwame Geathers, NT, Georgia
    Again, hopefully we can add a starting NT in free agency, someone cheap but reliable like an Aubrayo Franklin or even if we want to spend a bit more, Terrence Knighton. Geathers has a ton of potential and great size (6'5 350), but like Faulk, I'd like to see him shed a few pounds, maybe play at 335-340.
  2. Future

Future Intramural Legend

15,676 Messages
    1,132 Likes Received
    I would be OK with this, although if we switch to a 4-3, I go safety with the second pick.

Geathers is a monster, though I don't know much about him.
  3. RS12

RS12 Well-Known Member

13,810 Messages
    885 Likes Received
    Forget it. If they are changing to a 4-3 to even have a shot at it working they need a pass rushing or pocket collapsing DL and saftey first two rounds. Love the Faulk pick in round 3 though.
  4. Manwiththeplan

Manwiththeplan Well-Known Member

4,858 Messages
    193 Likes Received
    I'm not convinced we'd switch. And if we did, no way we draft geathers