1. Like to discuss POLITICS? Come join us at PUNNDITS.com!
    If you like discussing politics and other related topics then your new home (hopefully) for doing just that can be found on Punndits.com! Come join us and help us grow Punndits into a wonderful and safe place to discuss politics with everyone.
    Dismiss Notice

First 3 rounds, with 1 trade

Discussion in 'Draft Zone' started by Manwiththeplan, Jan 10, 2013.

1. Manwiththeplan

Manwiththeplan Well-Known Member

9,357 Messages
    2,569 Likes Received
    Only 1 trade, we go from 18th to 24 and pick up a third.

1.) Barrett Jones, OL, Alabama
    I'm almost tempted to take him at 18, and if St. Louis doesn't draft Warmack at 16, I'm pretty sure I would. Offers a lot of versitility, can be a day 1 starter at any of the interior spots and adds a toughness to the o-line we lack.
    2.) Margus Hunt, DE, Southern Methodist
    If we're able to add a NT in free agency, I think we should definately take Hunt IF he's even there at 47. I don't know if he'd be able to switch to being a 3-4 end on day 1, but I'm confident he can contribute in nickel situations and provide consistent inside pressure. Even if we switched to a 4-3, he'd still be a great pick in round 2.
    3a.) Chris Faulk, OT, Louisiana State
    Ideally I would go OT in round 1, but with Jake Matthews and Taylor Lewan returning for their senior seasons, the value won't be there in round 1. Faulk could be a tremendous value in round 3 since he's coming off a torn ACL, but he's definately a guy teams will be interested in. Likely needs to commit to being in better shape, but he certainly has the size (6'6 330) to play RT and is a better athlete than DJ Fluker. Could've been a first rounder this year if not for injury.
    3b.) Kwame Geathers, NT, Georgia
    Again, hopefully we can add a starting NT in free agency, someone cheap but reliable like an Aubrayo Franklin or even if we want to spend a bit more, Terrence Knighton. Geathers has a ton of potential and great size (6'5 350), but like Faulk, I'd like to see him shed a few pounds, maybe play at 335-340.

2. Future

Future Intramural Legend

17,722 Messages
    2,827 Likes Received
    I would be OK with this, although if we switch to a 4-3, I go safety with the second pick.

Geathers is a monster, though I don't know much about him.

3. RS12

RS12 Well-Known Member

20,550 Messages
    7,356 Likes Received
    Forget it. If they are changing to a 4-3 to even have a shot at it working they need a pass rushing or pocket collapsing DL and saftey first two rounds. Love the Faulk pick in round 3 though.

4. Manwiththeplan

Manwiththeplan Well-Known Member

9,357 Messages
    2,569 Likes Received
    I'm not convinced we'd switch. And if we did, no way we draft geathers