1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

News: First Impressions Cowboys Welcome 27 Rookies For Minicamp

Discussion in 'News Zone' started by RS12, May 3, 2012.

1. RS12

RS12 Well-Known Member

13,369 Messages
    666 Likes Received
    IRVING, Texas - For the first three days of the week, it's been a rather quiet atmosphere here at Valley Ranch.

But that changed Thursday afternoon with the invasion of 27 rookies – the Cowboys' seven draft picks and 20 undrafted free agents.

The rookie class of 2012 showed up for the upcoming three-day minicamp, which begins Friday with two practices. But Thursday's events included the rookies partaking in physicals, getting fitted for their helmets and shoulder pads, taking mug shots and even conducting a few interviews.

The anticipation is high for Friday's first practice. Of course, there will be one notable absentee on the practice field.

First-round pick Morris Claiborne, the sixth overall selection and obvious headline for this year's draft class, will not practice because of a left wrist injury that required surgery back in March and has him wearing a hard cast for the next two weeks.

While Claiborne said all along he knew his first on-field participation would likely be training camp in late July, it still bothers him somewhat that he won't be practicing come Friday.

"Yeah it didn't really hit me until I got here and saw the other guys," Claiborne said. "It brought the competitive nature out in me. I don't want to be held back. I can't get out there and do what I do."

http://www.dallascowboys.com/news/n...ort&utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter
  2. Angus

Angus Active Member

5,064 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    Thanks, RS12. Good read.

:)
  3. sago1

sago1 Active Member

7,789 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Glad that he had the op back in March. Another 2 weeks with a hard cast(say 3 weeks to be on safe side) moves us into end of May. Then he wears a soft cast for 2 weeks (say 3 just in case) & we end in late June. So NLT 1 July he should be able to really to get to work in prep for TC very late in July. Cowboy probably will be careful in using him in TC but still he should be ready to go for seasoner opener--at least I hope so.