1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

First interception was not Ogletree's fault

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by birdwells1, Jan 1, 2013.

1. birdwells1

birdwells1 Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

3,062 Messages
    278 Likes Received
    Yeah, good post.
  2. Clove

Clove Shrinkage

37,726 Messages
    970 Likes Received
    :laugh2:
  3. DenCWBY

DenCWBY Active Member

508 Messages
    52 Likes Received
    Sad part about it looking at film. On the 1st and second pics, he had alternative receivers who were both open and just on the other side of the 1st down marker for easy pitch and catch 1st downs. On the second pick (I think it's Murray)wide open with a button hook in the middle and on the third pic Witten is open in the middle. Of course Murray is open on the 3rd pic but just a poor throw took it down.
    I'm a Romosexual but he just made poor decisions throughout the game. I don't know if the cold weather or blitzs got to his head but he just didn't look the same as the last 5 games.
    After the first TD I though he had warmed up and was on his way to a normal game but he just choked and there is no other way to explain it.
  4. ufcrules1

ufcrules1 Well-Known Member

6,149 Messages
    657 Likes Received
    What I don't understand is we had no problems with receivers running the wrong routes last year or the year before and then all the sudden our receivers stop running the right routes every time Romo throws an interception? Romo figured it out quickly the media would blame the receiver if he ran up to the receiver and did some hand motions.

On a side note.. I would blame Otree 99 out of 100 times that he ran the wrong route and not that Tony threw a bad pass. I simply can't stand Otree and blame JG for even playing that guy. Harris should 100% be the 3rd WR. With that said, that throw against the Redskins was 100% Romo's fault.
  5. DFWJC

DFWJC Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

20,171 Messages
    807 Likes Received
    Just call it as I see it, without agenda.

This does not change the fact that I think Romo is a very good QB. I also think he is plenty good to lead a SB worthy team to the SB.
    I'm sure we still disagree on those points. But that's fine.
  6. ufcrules1

6,149 Messages
    657 Likes Received
    Quite honestly he had time to throw most of the game. A few blitzes got to him but for the most part he had open targets all over the place but was just mentally off and missing his targets. He choked plain and simple. The Redskins were not impressive at all. They looked and played like the 28th ranked defense they were. Romo should have tore them up.
  7. ufcrules1

6,149 Messages
    657 Likes Received
    Same with me DFWJC. I don't have any agenda etc. I'm just always honest with the my opinions even if they aren't popular.

Romo would need an amazing team to get to the superbowl. They would literally have to carry him there. He just mentally freezes up when the going gets a little tough. Sometimes when it isn't tough, just when it's for all the marbles. Washington had a 28th ranked defense and Romo could have easily taken advantage of it. I will say he certainly has the physical talent, he just doesn't have the mental capacity. You need both.
  8. Clove

Clove Shrinkage

37,726 Messages
    970 Likes Received
    I remember Owens used to do this with quarterbacks sometimes, and people would jump all over Owens. But since it's the golden boy, well......
  9. CowboyRoy

CowboyRoy Active Member

592 Messages
    28 Likes Received
    He threw them, so therefore they were on him. Even with pressure, he could have thrown it away.

But the 250 yards rushing werent his fault. The 28 points werent his fault. The 3 rushing TD's werent his fault. The lack of a running game werent his fault. The inability for his coaches to adjust the gameplan werent his fault. His top two receivers getting hurt werent his fault.

This stupidity about blaming one person is a joke. Romo failed in his job just like everyone else failed. The only guy on the team I recall that made any play what so ever was Harris. As far as I am concerned the rest of the team and coaches didnt even show up.

But what does it matter. If Romo takes us down for the score and we lose the next game, the Romo bashers will say the same thing. He couldnt win the big game. Because ultimately, each game becomes the new bigger game. So unless he wins the SB, it will always be that he couldnt win the big game.

The fact remains that this team from top to bottom is a joke. There is always a 5 game stretch in the season where Romo turns all world and carries this team. Same song and dance every year. This team simply isnt good enough to do anything consistently.
  10. CowboyRoy

CowboyRoy Active Member

592 Messages
    28 Likes Received
    A QB needs an amazing team around him to get to the SB. Wow, you are a genius. LOL

Did you come up with that all on your own? :lmao2:
  11. CowboyRoy

CowboyRoy Active Member

592 Messages
    28 Likes Received
    What game were you watching bozo? They were in Romos face all game blitzing on virtually 2nd and 3rd down every time. Talk about a clueless statement.
  12. Idgit

Idgit Ice up, son. Ice up! Staff Member

26,588 Messages
    2,748 Likes Received
    I get what you're saying, but I don't agree. Without those early picks, we've got a lead and are putting pressure on the Skins to throw into coverages where they had nothing all night long. It's a very different game at that point.

Those early picks weren't forced, and they absolutely killed us.
  13. ufcrules1

6,149 Messages
    657 Likes Received
    I was obviously watching a different game than you. Romo had time to throw the majority of that game. He choked, get over it. Also, no need
    for name calling. I don't think the mods appreciate that.
  14. CowboyRoy

CowboyRoy Active Member

592 Messages
    28 Likes Received
    Romo is to blame for throwing a pick. LOL

You're on a roll genius, keep them coming.

A QB needs a great team around him to win a SB, and when a QB throws an interception its on him. LOL

More realistic insight please. LOL :laugh2:

How about this one?

When a RB fumbles the ball, its his fault. LOL

Or wait...........when a LB misses a tackle its his fault. LOL
  15. ufcrules1

6,149 Messages
    657 Likes Received
    Completely agree. I was actually shocked at the beginning of that game how lethargic the Redksins looked. They were begging us to take them out early on.
  16. CowboyRoy

CowboyRoy Active Member

592 Messages
    28 Likes Received
    absolutely, he choked no doubt. Any fool can see that. Just like any fool can see that he was blitzed all night and they brought the house. And they couldnt be blocked.

Just like any fool can see that the defense got completely run over for 250 yards and 3 rushing TD's. They choked, get over it.
  17. ufcrules1

6,149 Messages
    657 Likes Received
    I seriously have no clue what you are talking about.
  18. ufcrules1

6,149 Messages
    657 Likes Received
    Everyone knew our defense was going to give up points. That was a given, the defense didn't choke though. They actually played well for the lack of talent that was out there. Romo sunk this team by himself against the Redskins IMO.
  19. CowboyRoy

CowboyRoy Active Member

592 Messages
    28 Likes Received
    I completely agree. This was our game for the taking. It was ours to have. rg3 gimpy, were never going to have a better opportunity and we blew it. That is fact.

Romo blew it, the defense blew it, Garrett blew it, the whole 9 yards.
  20. CowboyRoy

CowboyRoy Active Member

592 Messages
    28 Likes Received
    More genius logic from the realist. They didnt choke, they just stink. And since we knew they were going to get run over, it wasnt a choke job. LOL

Ok pal, they didnt choke, they are just horrible.