1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

First interception was not Ogletree's fault

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by birdwells1, Jan 1, 2013.

1. Paniolo22

Paniolo22 Hawaiian Cowboy

3,606 Messages
    8 Likes Received
    I thought he was telling otree that his route was too shallow. If not, it was a high throw.
  2. birdwells1

birdwells1 Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

3,338 Messages
    470 Likes Received
    Dude, the score was 21-18 with 3+ minutes left on the clock. If you would have asked anyone within the Cowboys organization before the game they would have ecstatic to be in that situation , in Washington, with an injury depleted defense.

Forget the yardage, they had only scored 21 points up until that point and the stage was set.
  3. CowboyRoy

CowboyRoy Active Member

592 Messages
    28 Likes Received
    More spot on analysis. Forget the yardage. LOL It doesnt matter they gave up 250 yards rushing. LOL Had no affect on the game. When Romo threw the 3rd pick, who cares that the D allowed the Skins to run the ball right into the endzone instead of holding them to a FG. Doesnt matter. LOL

We should all be excited that the D gave up 250 yards rushing. After all, they stink anyway.

So in order to score, Dallas had to pass the ball and Washington didnt have to because they could run it.

Allow me to teach you about football. When you dont have to pass, you cut down on turnovers, sacks, ect...ect.... When you cant run and all you can do is pass, the D can tee off on the QB. Pressure happens, picks happen as they certainly did. There is also this little thing called time of possession.

So do you think that if Murray rushes for 200 yards and 3 TD's that Romo still throws 3 picks?
  4. CowboyRoy

CowboyRoy Active Member

592 Messages
    28 Likes Received
    We had them right where we wanted them. Down by 3 with 3 minutes to go. LOL
  5. HoosierCowboy

HoosierCowboy Put Pearson in the HOF

2,101 Messages
    35 Likes Received
    all you Romo haters act like he dodges the responsibility--he does not, but a lot of his INTs are not primarily his fault; it's a team game and many INTs are caused by many factors other than a bad throw
  6. Yoshimitsu

Yoshimitsu Lurch

1,996 Messages
    16 Likes Received
    With a chance to tie or take the lead with a last minute drive. What happened? Romo chokes.
  7. birdwells1

birdwells1 Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

3,338 Messages
    470 Likes Received
    Yeah, with three time outs left and he had just complete a 15 yard pass to Witten , given the circumstances not a bad situation.
  8. Idgit

Idgit Ice up, son. Ice up! Staff Member

29,506 Messages
    5,238 Likes Received
    Normally, that's the case. This was a really bad game on Tony's fault, though. There's no way around it. It happens. I don't even buy that he chokes in big games (in fact, I think that's complete bs). But he sure blew this one.

When I saw the lick Wilbur put on Harris' first return, I was off my couch screaming like an idiot. I was sure we were putting it in the end zone within the next three plays. Whoops. Maybe we'll see something in the weeks to come to indicate that there were issues from the WRs this week, but, on the surface, it sure looks to me like Tony just had a really bad game at the worst possible time.
  9. DFWJC

DFWJC Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

22,612 Messages
    2,003 Likes Received
    Agree.

Still, I felt certain we would score there.
    We've done so in that situation most of the second half of the season.
  10. CowboyRoy

CowboyRoy Active Member

592 Messages
    28 Likes Received
    Yep, he choked big time. Then the defense choked again by allowing them to score a TD. I would have to say that it was an all around team choke job.
  11. RW Hitman

RW Hitman Well-Known Member

2,539 Messages
    55 Likes Received
    ok the ints were Romo's fault, but you saying the defense was playing like a 28th ranked defense is nuts.... for being a "realist" (if you feel the need to mention that then....) you should already know that Haslett called an excellent game and the defense has played really good.
  12. RW Hitman

2,539 Messages
    55 Likes Received
    [IMG]
  13. nake

nake Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

4,144 Messages
    818 Likes Received
    My recollection is during the last minute we stopped the Skins, but there was a hands to the face of the QB penalty giving them a first down and precluding us from getting the ball for that last minute drive.
  14. CowboyRoy

CowboyRoy Active Member

592 Messages
    28 Likes Received
    There is absolutely no escaping the fact that in the biggest game of the year on the big stage, Romo played his worst game. I would say that there is no way getting around the word choke. That was about as choke as choke gets.

That being said, he wasnt the only one to choke. The entire team shipped the bed. They werent prepared, ready to play, gameplan on both sides of the ball were horrid. And to top it off, there were no in game or halftime adjustments what so ever. AS usual, the cowboys were outcoached by the other sideline. In a game where Romo didnt have close to his best stuff, this one was definitely lost. Unless Romo is playing his best football, this team doesnt win. Hell, he had 450 yards and 4 TD's with no picks against the Saints and we still lost.
  15. CowboyRoy

CowboyRoy Active Member

592 Messages
    28 Likes Received
    Hmm.........lets see, the Skins D shut down the run, they shut down the pass, knocked 3 of our receivers out of the game, forced 3 turnovers, were in Romo's face all game long, and held one of the hottest offenses in football to 18 points. The Cowboys had just got done scoring the most points in the 4th quarter over a 7 game period in NFL history.

Both defenses were suspect coming in. One defense showed up, the other got run over like a bunch of high school kids. One coordinator had a scheme that couldnt be solved and one coordinator couldnt stop anything.

Enough said about the defenses.
  16. RW Hitman

2,539 Messages
    55 Likes Received
    I assume you understand that I was talking about the Redskin's defense played what had to be their best game of the year, you said it well though.