1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

First Mock in... Forever

Discussion in 'Draft Zone' started by Carolinacowpoke, Mar 15, 2012.

1. Carolinacowpoke

Carolinacowpoke Member

70 Messages
    8 Likes Received
    Thought I would give this a shot.

1st David Decastro – G Stanford
    Ok this isn’t a stunner, but if you have been paying attention to how we are addressing the O-line then you need to get out your Rosary Beads and start praying with me. So far it looks like we are going to try to get by with “serviceable” linemen again. Maybe Tony Stark can make Romo’s pads this year.

2nd Alameda Ta’amu – NT Washington
    If you noticed over the last few years our run defense has slipped. This is not a shot at J. Rat. He’s just too light to play in the middle anymore. He gets worn out by mid- season. Let him use his speed on the edge to take some pressure off Ware. This kid is over 340 pounds! You ain’t moving him. He instantly upgrades our line.

3rd Harrison Smith – SS Notre Dame
    Heck, Deon Sanders likes him and that’s good enough for me. This kid has good speed, range, and is a great technician. Let him sit behind Poole for most of the year learning Ryan’s scheme then we may have a long term answer at one of the Safety positions.

4th Brian Linthicum – TE Michigan State
    Has good size and has caught a lot of balls in his college career. Our wide receivers are built for the out routes and the long ball. Witten needs some help covering the middle of the field and that’s what this kid does.

5th Tank Carder – OLB Texas Christian
    I just like that his name is Tank. No seriously this boy can play and really loves the game. Lots of enthusiasm. I don’t know if he is ever going to be starter material but you got a good back up and Special teams player for sure.

6th Devon Wylie – WR Fresno St
    Boy got skills! In three years when he has taken Austin’s spot on the roster and is pissing off Dez because he is catching more balls than him we will all be wondering how the heck this kid made it to the 6th Round.

6th Asa Jackson – CB Cal Poly
    Speed kills and he’s got oodles of it. Could be our slot corner down the road. Probably the second best punt returner behind Dez the day they issue him his number.

7th Patrick Wit – QB Yale
    Was a Beast quarterback in high School from you know where.. Texas! So you know he can slang the rock. Plus he’s an Ivy Leaguer so you know Coach is gonna like him. He holds all the QB records at Yale. I know that aint saying much coming from Yale, (I think my sister held a few of those records before he came along) but good replacement for Mcgee.
  2. Future

Future Intramural Legend

16,176 Messages
    1,535 Likes Received
    I like the first 2 picks...but I'm not a fan of Harrison Smith at all. I'm a sucker for speed, and he doesn't have any.
  3. Carolinacowpoke

Carolinacowpoke Member

70 Messages
    8 Likes Received
    I hear ya. But the guy is almost never out of position from what I've seen of him. Tells me he's a student of the game an not just relying on natural talent. Sean Lee needs more friends in the film room.

4. TheCount

TheCount Pixel Pusher

20,972 Messages
    986 Likes Received
    He's got enough speed. He ran what T.J. Ward ran, and he's doing pretty well for himself. Athletically, Smith is very similar to Ward.
  5. L-O-Jete

L-O-Jete Member

892 Messages
    11 Likes Received
    You'd have a better shot at them if you swap 2nd and 3rd, and 4th and 5th IMO
  6. DFWJC

DFWJC Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

22,877 Messages
    2,136 Likes Received
    DeCastro works for me.

Ta'amu in the 2nd? Anyway, I don't think the staff plans to move our NT to DE just yet.

Smith will be gone by round 3.

After the FA signing, I don't see us burning a 4th on a TE....though we may bring one in as a UDFA.

Wylie could be a player.
  7. Carolinacowpoke

Carolinacowpoke Member

70 Messages
    8 Likes Received
    who did we sign at TE?

8. DFWJC

DFWJC Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

22,877 Messages
    2,136 Likes Received
    You're right.
    I thought we signed Kellen Davis but I guess we didn't.
    In that case, taking a TE makes pelnty of sense, if the value is right.