1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

First Stab Mock

Discussion in 'Draft Zone' started by Sasquatch, Jan 10, 2012.

1. Sasquatch

Sasquatch Lost in the Woods

4,525 Messages
    182 Likes Received
    I think we trade down to a team like Detroit or New England which covets one of the top DBs. I won't speculate on the precise details, but we make this trade because we anticipate a couple players we like being available a few picks later. This gives us ammunition to move around later to grab players like Curry in the 3rd. In the end, we end up with the same number of picks we started with.

1. Cordy Glen, OG, Georgia. Athletic interior lineman who is equally adept as pass and run blocking.

2. Chase Minnifield, CB, Virginia. Good fit for Ryan's blitzing scheme as he can play man and tackle.

3. Vinny Curry, OLB, Marshall. Pressure player opposite Ware. Think he will need a year of seasoning behind Spencer, Butler, or a FA OLB.

4. Kendell Reyes, DT, Connecticut. Not an elite pass rusher but a solid prospect who can play end or tackle.

5. Trenton Robinson, FS, Michigan St. Our never-ending attempt to find a long-term solution as the safety position continues. Smart, hard-nosed leader with some athletic ability.

6. Dwight Bentley, CB, La-Lafayette. Speedy corner, used to covering opposing team's top WR, and a solid tackler.

6. Evan Rodriguez, FB, Temple. I want depth at this position given how important it proved to be when Murray was running wild.

8. Lavon Brazzil, WR, Ohio. Fast, small-school prospect who had a break out a year. Bringing him in to add some competition for backup WR.
  2. tm1119

tm1119 Well-Known Member

3,098 Messages
    675 Likes Received
    I like the draft except for the fact that Glenn would be a fairly big reach at #14. Doubt anybody else would look at him before #20 at best. Im assuming youre projecting DeCastro to be gone before 14?
  3. Wimbo

Wimbo Active Member

4,133 Messages
    2 Likes Received
    read his first sentence.
  4. sureletsrace

sureletsrace Official CZ Homer

2,078 Messages
    496 Likes Received
    You should read the whole post before commenting
  5. tm1119

tm1119 Well-Known Member

3,098 Messages
    675 Likes Received
    Crap, my bad. I didn't see any additional picks so I just assumed. Guess reading comprehension is key.
  6. robert70x7

robert70x7 Active Member

1,055 Messages
    9 Likes Received
    When has New England ever traded up?
  7. Sasquatch

4,525 Messages
    182 Likes Received
    Is that a rhetorical question?

Not sure if this is the only instance, but they traded up in 2009 to acquire Ohrnberger. Of course, that was in the middle rounds.
  8. RS12

RS12 Well-Known Member

14,676 Messages
    1,493 Likes Received
    I hate it already.
  9. Sasquatch

4,525 Messages
    182 Likes Received
    I actually think it'll be a pretty straightforward affair like last year and we take one of the frequently mentioned players (decastro, etc.).

Just trying to offer something different.
  10. robert70x7

robert70x7 Active Member

1,055 Messages
    9 Likes Received
    It wasn't a rhetorical question. New Englad never trades up, they stockpile picks and acquire first rounders from teams with trades that are generated from the genius that is their GM and Belichick. The Patriots would never trade up into the middle of the first round while sacrificing their stockpile of draft picks.
  11. MichaelWinicki

MichaelWinicki "You want some?" Staff Member

32,699 Messages
    3,197 Likes Received
    I could see a trade down if DeCastro is not there at 14.
  12. tm1119

tm1119 Well-Known Member

3,098 Messages
    675 Likes Received
    I wouldnt mind trading down, but not to pick Glenn. I just dont see how Glenn is at all significantly better than Osemele or Zeitler who are both 2nd round guards.
  13. Future

Future Intramural Legend

16,558 Messages
    1,815 Likes Received
    and Kirkpatrick...though I don't think he slips all the way to 14

I wonder if Claiborne slips for some reason to the 9-10 range if we make a play to get him. I don't really think it's the right move, I'm just curious if that's something Jerry and co. would consider.
  14. Sasquatch

4,525 Messages
    182 Likes Received
    I was thinking of doing a new mock after Senior Bowl Week but this one still seems pretty decent.
  15. the_h0wey

the_h0wey Well-Known Member

1,086 Messages
    117 Likes Received
    :laugh2:
  16. respectdatstar

respectdatstar Member

685 Messages
    2 Likes Received
    I think Claiborne is a lock to go top 5. No way we are going to get him without a massive trade up. We have just as much chance of getting Andrew Luck.