1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

First Take: Garrett/Norv

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by Bleu Star, Jan 1, 2013.

1. Bleu Star

Bleu Star Agent Coulson

19,440 Messages
    774 Likes Received
    Sorry to hear some of you can't take a little humble pie. It's good for the soul.
  2. iceberg

iceberg detoxed Zone Supporter

28,177 Messages
    1,212 Likes Received
    And how do we *know* that?
  3. The Natural

The Natural Well-Known Member

4,505 Messages
    1,279 Likes Received
    2 years under Garrett the division was on the line

2 years we finish 8-8 with large blame falling on the offense (Garrett's area)

Do we have to sit through another 8-8 year before folks stop drinking the kool aid?
  4. TwoDeep3

TwoDeep3 Well-Known Member

5,859 Messages
    1,453 Likes Received
    Great find Bleu....you are correct sir, what he says is a fact.
  5. WPBCowboysFan

WPBCowboysFan Well-Known Member

5,328 Messages
    1,645 Likes Received
    It would be a safe bet Im afraid! :bang2:
  6. a_minimalist

a_minimalist Active Member

4,545 Messages
    5 Likes Received
    Oh here we go with the same questions that have been answer literally a hundred times but you guys just can't comprehend it. You hear only what you want to hear and what fits into your agenda.
  7. Bleu Star

Bleu Star Agent Coulson

19,440 Messages
    774 Likes Received
    Garrett has been given an incredible opportunity and, along the way, has shown that he has potential but also still has plenty to learn. What would be the harm in having a solid proven OC in here to take pressure off of him? After all, he is indeed the HC. This would provide the room to move and truly focus on a more holistic approach instead of fighting through the weeds on a weekly basis. Why wouldn't he even consider the possibility? It's just strange imo..
  8. a_minimalist

4,545 Messages
    5 Likes Received
    You need to learn what a fact is. This is what is so funny about you guys. You're either trolling and looking for responses or you're acting arrogant enough to think you have everything that goes on within the organization down and understand it all. It's actually sad. I mean if I didn't know any better I'd think all of you were employed by the Cowboys. You certainly act like it.
  9. Bigdog24

Bigdog24 Well-Known Member

1,880 Messages
    200 Likes Received
    I would be shocked if Jerry Jones just lets this video go without adding his 2cents (which he should)...AND if GARRETT is this bold to think in such a manner....The Owner MR Jones needs to remind Mr Garrett who OWNs the team..and remind the HC his job is a.. At WILL position...
  10. a_minimalist

4,545 Messages
    5 Likes Received
    I see no harm in bringing an OC here. I would prefer it because I think JG is more of a HC/GM. But, I am willing to give it two more years before I have an opinion on who should leave and who should give up certain duties. We aren't an 8-8 team this year if we don't have all of these injuries. That's the bottom line.
  11. Dave_in-NC

Dave_in-NC Well-Known Member

11,025 Messages
    137 Likes Received
    I don't know if Garrett's ego is to big or not, doesn't matter.
    If bringing an experienced OC will help why would any one have an issue with it.

Garrett might turn out to be a great coach, what's wrong with having an experienced coach get him to that level?

Wade was always a lousy HC but he's a hell of a DC.
    Couldn't the same be said for Turner?
  12. Bleu Star

Bleu Star Agent Coulson

19,440 Messages
    774 Likes Received
    I still consider the injury angle a crutch. Every single team laces their collective cleats before and during the season in generally the same fashion. Why don't we have the quality depth to push through contingency? Other teams actually do every year.
  13. Mansta54

Mansta54 Well-Known Member

9,645 Messages
    140 Likes Received
    Actually, I would love to bring Norv in as OC, I think he's the best playcaller in the business. I just don't need to hear Steven A. Smith babbling about it. I have my own thoughts and opinions about the team and his I can do without. Norv would be great here and you can bet that Dez wouldn't vanish throughout the game. He would damn sure get him the rock.
  14. Dave_in-NC

11,025 Messages
    137 Likes Received
    In two years we probably won't have a QB worth a damn.
    Why wait two years? You start out saying you think JG is more of a HC/GM and I agree.
    So with that in mind again, why wait two more years?
  15. Bleu Star

Bleu Star Agent Coulson

19,440 Messages
    774 Likes Received
    Right. Exactly. That's why it would be crazy to not explore the Norv angle. Imagine what he might be able to do with Romo. Romo's world is the size of a thimble right now and the addition of some solid experienced tutelege with a track record for developing QBs could be a huge benefit to helping stem the tide.
  16. Bleu Star

Bleu Star Agent Coulson

19,440 Messages
    774 Likes Received
    Glad we agree on that. Sorry to have poisoned your ears with Stephen A. :laugh2:

The Garrett angle was the one that intrigued me the most..
  17. Dave_in-NC

11,025 Messages
    137 Likes Received
    So would you do it now or two years from now just to wait and see if Garrett eventually can do it?
  18. The Natural

The Natural Well-Known Member

4,505 Messages
    1,279 Likes Received
    Aaron Rodgers and the Packers won a superbowl with 15 players on IR and this team and headcoach can't make enough adjustments/stay out of their own way enough to win 1 game to get in the tournament. And we're supposed to believe if everyone was healthy it would be a different story :lmao2: Some people still dont get it
  19. WPBCowboysFan

WPBCowboysFan Well-Known Member

5,328 Messages
    1,645 Likes Received
    What fans get is year after year of mediocrity. One has to be nowhere near the VR Country Club to see the results and what transpires during the games from the HC.

Even Jimmy said Red should get a play caller - but then again he hasnt been inside the confines of the VR Country Club for years so he doesnt have an opinion worth listening to if we go with your logic.
  20. jnday

jnday Well-Known Member

6,276 Messages
    1,275 Likes Received
    I watched the First Take conversation this morning and I agree with Smith. Garrett should be happy to have a job. He should take his paycheck and shut up. He's lucky to have a job. It does create a situation that would make for an uncormfortable position that Norv or any other OC would find themselves in. Garrett needs an OC at this point of his career. He is too arrogant to see it.