1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

First Take: Garrett/Norv

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by Bleu Star, Jan 1, 2013.

1. Dave_in-NC

Dave_in-NC Well-Known Member

11,359 Messages
    362 Likes Received
    Wait a second. You claim if we stayed healthy or healthier we would have been a way better team. I agree with you. I also believe that if Garrett had less to worry about and could focus on less things we would be a way better team. Handing play calling duties over to a very good play caller could very well get us a lot closer. As a fan that's all I can ask for. Do what ever it takes to be better.
  2. a_minimalist

a_minimalist Well-Known Member

4,573 Messages
    26 Likes Received
    I can see the viewpoint of how an OC could help Garrett. I don't think the likelihood of it helping him is anymore than 50% though. I also don't think bringing in a new coach will bring us to the Super Bowl within 2 years. We are in a precarious situation when it comes to QB's. The only way we are going to skip the QB drought is to dump a bunch of picks and snag a #1 or #2 pick. If that's done in 2-3 years I think we'll be okay. I'm repeating myself now so I'll stop.
  3. WPBCowboysFan

WPBCowboysFan Well-Known Member

5,573 Messages
    1,825 Likes Received
    Not when you consider his argument was for the purpose of giving Red an excuse.

We were 3-5 to start the season. We finished 8-8. Starters or scrubs you really think this defense would have had much difference in the overall outcome of our record?

Maybe we win the Skins game but no way to know for sure.

You guys act as if the season fell apart after all the injuries - yet you forget the 3-5 start to the season.

Red was responsible for the 3-5 start. We actually had a better record once the injuries started piling up. How do you explain that?
  4. Hoofbite

Hoofbite Well-Known Member

32,528 Messages
    2,215 Likes Received
    I think valid points were made.

Jason isn't getting offensive production and end results. He needs some help.

It's his rope. Come up short with horrid offense again and he's hanging himself with it.
  5. WPBCowboysFan

5,573 Messages
    1,825 Likes Received
    3-5 in the first 8 games.

5-3 in the 8 with the injuries piling up.

Care to explain it?
  6. iceberg

iceberg detoxed Zone Supporter

28,201 Messages
    1,262 Likes Received
    Good coaching?
  7. TwoDeep3

TwoDeep3 Well-Known Member

6,150 Messages
    1,915 Likes Received
    So, did you watch the video and listen to the points made?

I have not seen you debate any of them by making salient points yourself to rebut.

But this is your usual post. Whining about people who discuss this team.

So it leads me to believe one of two things.

1. You don't have the stomach to look at this team in any way other than a hope and prayer.

Two seasons of 8-8 and fourteen seasons of mediocrity, and you have no angst, no indignation about the results. There is nothing you ever say that suggests you are not satisfied with this team and how they fare.

2. You're just happy they play football and results don't matter.
  8. StylisticS

StylisticS Well-Known Member

8,291 Messages
    220 Likes Received
    I disagree with him saying Jerry needs to step in. No, he needs to stay out. If Jason doesn't want Norv, then so be it. I do agree with him though that Jason is showing his arrogance a bit.
  9. Dave_in-NC

11,359 Messages
    362 Likes Received
    Agreed we are young enough at skilled positions to get through it.
    I guess I just hate the fact that Romo,Whitten and guys like Ware really deserve a legit shot. They might not get that while waiting for Garrett to grow.
  10. TwoDeep3

TwoDeep3 Well-Known Member

6,150 Messages
    1,915 Likes Received
    Easy second half of the season and the term most often used by those justifying why next season will be the Super Bowl season?

Parity.
  11. a_minimalist

4,573 Messages
    26 Likes Received
    I had to fix that. I added within 2 years. I left that out and that's pretty important.

I agree with your opinion. I share the same opinion that an OC would help him. But where we differ is that I believe that since I'm not in the organization I give them the benefit of the doubt. Maybe they see something or know something we don't know. It hasn't been that long. In a year or two if there are no coaching improvements by Garrett someone needs to come in. We agree on some things and disagree on others. I can accept that.
  12. StylisticS

8,291 Messages
    220 Likes Received
    Stephen A. Jackson?
  13. a_minimalist

4,573 Messages
    26 Likes Received
    I watched all I needed to see and made plenty of points within this thread to dispute the single comment that turned me off from watching the video in entirety. You're ignoring that to make points #1 and #2. I'll get in trouble if I list what that leads me to believe.
  14. StylisticS

8,291 Messages
    220 Likes Received
    I would say next year could be a make or break year for him. Year 3 (which is the average amount of years it seems for coaches to get it done) and he still is only 8-8 and/or does not reach the playoffs should result in major changes and even a firing of himself.
  15. WPBCowboysFan

5,573 Messages
    1,825 Likes Received
    And as usual you never get the point.

The comparison is irrelevant.

You stated that nobody here knows what goes on in the organization so their opinions arent valid. That is essentially what you said. I pointed out that the results are obvious so one doesnt have to be in the organization to see it. You're arguing that Red doesnt need a play caller and those who think he does just dont know enough about the "inside." Becasue they arent on the inside.

You were basically dissing the fans here who say we need a play caller. I pointed out that the results are obvious. I also used Jimmy as an example of someone who can see it as well. Oh, BTW, his opinion should have a lil more value than the fan base, NO?

And you Belicheat comparison has no relevance for the need for Red to have a play caller or not. You get ZERO points for that attempt.
  16. Dave_in-NC

11,359 Messages
    362 Likes Received
    Me to.:)
  17. Bigdog24

Bigdog24 Well-Known Member

1,935 Messages
    236 Likes Received
    A weak second half schedule....
  18. TwentyOne

TwentyOne Well-Known Member

2,460 Messages
    94 Likes Received
    I dont think he needed to talk for 15min just to come up with one simple argument that is "As an HC you have more reponsibility as if you were only the OC. So please act like an HC."

But he is right. And i hope JG has the character to step aside from his playcaller-ego and do whats best for the team. And that is finding a OC who knows how to get the job done.

If he could that would only make him a so much better HC.
  19. Mansta54

Mansta54 Well-Known Member

9,670 Messages
    190 Likes Received
    Maaaaaaan I'm convinced, you have absolutely no clue as to what you're talking about. This is a complete was of time. Your hatred for JG has your thought process all jacked up. Good luck with that. :rolleyes:
  20. a_minimalist

4,573 Messages
    26 Likes Received
    Arrogance is often mistaken for confidence though. If he wants to keep fighting for a chance after such a short period of time there's a 50/50 chance he improves.