1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

first three picks will be DB, OG, and pass rusher

Discussion in 'Draft Zone' started by supercowboy8, Apr 7, 2012.

1. supercowboy8

supercowboy8 Well-Known Member

5,423 Messages
    333 Likes Received
  2. supercowboy8

supercowboy8 Well-Known Member

5,423 Messages
    333 Likes Received
    I'm fine with this but thats way to early for Leary. If we take a OG in the 2nd then I hope it Zeitler, Brooks, or Silatolu.
  3. cowboysooner

cowboysooner Well-Known Member

1,382 Messages
    30 Likes Received
    That guy is a bigger idiot than any of us on this board. Ron Leary?
  4. RS12

RS12 Well-Known Member

14,562 Messages
    1,424 Likes Received
    Leary was listed as UDFA 27th best G in the country until just recently, PFW had him 5th round on their value chart yesterday. I dont think he goes on the first two days of the draft by any stretch.
  5. TheSport78

TheSport78 The Excellence of Execution

8,455 Messages
    424 Likes Received
    Haha Ron Leary in the 2nd round. Stopped reading right there. He's a projected 5th-6th rounder.
  6. gimmesix

gimmesix Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life

9,394 Messages
    897 Likes Received
    Wouldn't be surprised if the first three picks are (in some order) DB, OL, OLB/DE, but I would think the offensive line pick is more likely to be a center option if we don't end up with a player like DeCastro in the first.

I really think we're eyeing Peter Konz and what it will take to get him with the second-round pick.

I do agree with supercowboy that if a guard is considered in the second it should be Silatolu, Zeitler (who might be considered a center option) or Brooks.
  7. silverbear

silverbear Semi-Official Loose Cannon

24,188 Messages
    0 Likes Received
  8. silverbear

24,188 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Gimme Brooks, then try to wipe the smile off my face...
  9. silverbear

24,188 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I get that feeling too... one way or the other, I look for the Boys to draft a center this year (Philip Blake would be a nice consolation prize a bit later in the draft)...
  10. ddh33

ddh33 Active Member

4,934 Messages
    2 Likes Received
    I think Barron and Konz have a great chance to be the first two picks...and I don't even know if they need to get cute trying to get them.

I think Barron goes quickly after 14, and I am not sure that Konz doesn't slide all the way to 45.
  11. TheCount

TheCount Pixel Pusher

21,140 Messages
    1,113 Likes Received
    Leary in the 2nd sounds just like the typically stupid Cowboy approach to linemen. This guy clearly knows nothing about the prospects.
  12. BIGDen

BIGDen Dr. Freakasaurus Zone Supporter

4,425 Messages
    246 Likes Received
    Seriously. These guys actually get paid to write this nonsense. :doh:
  13. Canadian BoyzFan

Canadian BoyzFan Active Member

3,315 Messages
    11 Likes Received
    Jeesus my 7 year old could draft a better team.
  14. Staxxxx

Staxxxx Member

286 Messages
    10 Likes Received
    I would be absolutely thrilled with any of those 4 at 45 but looking at team needs at the tail of the first and the top of the 2nd I'm afraid we may have to trade up to get into that mix of players.
  15. DFWJC

DFWJC Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

23,177 Messages
    2,237 Likes Received
    It really is stunning how clueless some of these writers are vs even the average CBZ board member.

Anyway, to suggest specific postions in each round is naive in the first place. That is force-fitting your draft and takes no account for what is actually happening when the real draft is taking place. A lot can change as a draft unfolds.
  16. RS12

RS12 Well-Known Member

14,562 Messages
    1,424 Likes Received
    So you are asking how hard is it to google a name?:laugh2:
  17. Bowdown27

Bowdown27 Well-Known Member

2,637 Messages
    251 Likes Received
    I'd be Very pleased with those pick ups. Would solidify two positions on need. 3rd round get a de or olb. Any pass rusher taken in the first 3 rounds will immediately will start and have an impact over what we have now. Spears and Coleman aren't getting it done. We all know this
  18. Chuck 54

Chuck 54 Well-Known Member

9,400 Messages
    321 Likes Received
    I think everyone is looking up the wrong tree thinking we'll draft G or C in rounds 2-3.

I'm expecting DL, DB, and possibly OLB in any order first three rounds.

Personally, I think if an offensive player is taken in rounds 2-3, it will be a WR, not a lineman.