1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

first two picks

Discussion in 'Draft Zone' started by GloryDaysRBack, Jan 25, 2012.

1. GloryDaysRBack

GloryDaysRBack Well-Known Member

9,204 Messages
    602 Likes Received
    1) Courtney Upshaw
    2) Brandon Boykin

Edit*** Not who I want..I mock based on who i think we will take
  2. TheSport78

TheSport78 The Excellence of Execution

8,432 Messages
    408 Likes Received
    Sign me up
  3. tm1119

tm1119 Well-Known Member

2,929 Messages
    538 Likes Received
    1. No thanks, not an elite athlete and lacks any great pass rush moves. Will struggle to get to the Qb as often as he did in college, and most likely wont be able to be used in coverage at all. I would take Ingram, Mercilus, or Curry at some point over Ingram if we are looking for a pure pass rusher.

2. Unless he tests extremely well, I think he will be a reach here. He more than likely will fall into the late 2nd round/early 3rd. Claiborne, Dre, Dennard, Jenkins, Hosely, and Minnifield are all better prospects in my opinion, and I have a hard time believing that 1 of them wont be available at #45(thats if we dont take 1 in the 1st).
  4. cobra

cobra Salty Bastard

3,134 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Just because we talked to these guys doesn't mean they are #1 and 2 on our draft boards.

I hate the Upshaw pick. Rather just resign Spencer and use 14 to fill an O-line or D-line hole. Spencer to Upshaw is a lateral move at best (I actually think it would be a drop off talent wise). I'd rather keep Spencer and greatly improve our O-line with DeCastro.

I like the Boykin pick, but I think 2nd may be too high for him given his size. We'll see. I'd love him in the 3rd and maybe in the 2nd if he keeps testing out well.

I'm all about drafting CBs. I'm fine with draft 5 of them.

ANYTHING to ensure that Alan Ball is never seen in a Cowboys uniform again. I will consider it an enormous failure if that guy ever plays another down for us.
  5. GloryDaysRBack

GloryDaysRBack Well-Known Member

9,204 Messages
    602 Likes Received
    has nothing to do w the fact that we talked to these guys..i didnt even know we talked to Boykin
  6. Teague31

Teague31 Defender of the Star

6,128 Messages
    262 Likes Received
    upshaw is spencer 2.0... no thanks.
  7. unionjack8

unionjack8 Well-Known Member

1,926 Messages
    268 Likes Received
    i would weep for the future of this frnachise
  8. MichaelWinicki

MichaelWinicki "You want some?" Staff Member

31,090 Messages
    1,937 Likes Received
    I hope you have plenty of kleenex there because several of us would be weeping if those are the Cowboy's first two selections.
  9. cbow44

cbow44 Member

594 Messages
    11 Likes Received
    On NFL network, they were comparing Upshaw to Jerome Harrison and LaMarr Woodley.
  10. burmafrd

burmafrd Well-Known Member

41,149 Messages
    1,282 Likes Received
    I am not seeing any pass rushers worth a first rd pick