Fish: Held Hostage: Good Cop/Bad Cop In The Cowboys Tony Romo 'Mexican Standoff' Saga

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by darthseinfeld, Mar 20, 2017.

1. darthseinfeld

darthseinfeld Today's Winner Of The Internet Zone Supporter

9,781 Messages
    7,466 Likes Received
    [​IMG]
    Held Hostage: Good Cop/Bad Cop In The Cowboys Tony Romo 'Mexican Standoff' Saga
    [​IMG]
    MIKE FISHER
    4:47 AM

Cowboys Held Hostage: The Good Cop & The Bad Cop In The Tony Romo 'Mexican Standoff' Saga (And The Scoop On That Cute 'Pinkie-Promise Video)

Tony Romo’s social-media video of a bit ago, filmed with a soundtrack by Bob Dylan's "The Times They Are A-Changin’,’ was meant as a Dallas Cowboys goodbye.

[​IMG]

So … why is he still here?

The best answer from here inside The Star in Frisco: The Cowboys front office is playing a game of “Good Cop/Bad Cop.’’

The plan was crystal clear back on Wednesday, March 8, the day before the official opening of NFL free agency: During the lunch hour that day, owner Jerry Jones and Romo engaged in a conversation based on their mutual “Do-Right Rule’’: Romo would be designated as a post-June 1 cut.

http://www.scout.com/nfl/cowboys/story/1763346-held-hostage-cowboys-romo-good-cop-bad-cop

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 20, 2017
    stowle07 likes this.
  2. Beast_from_East

Beast_from_East Well-Known Member

19,956 Messages
    9,296 Likes Received
    Not much news in this piece by Fish, just more of him guessing what is going on.

I will say this, if the organization told Romo that he was going to be released and then punked him and said "you didn't actually think we were serious, did you?".

That is a total dick move....................hopefully this organization has a little more class than to do that, I guess we shall see.

Slim_JD and Cowboysfan917 like this.
  3. SultanOfSix

SultanOfSix Star Power

10,111 Messages
    2,973 Likes Received
    In other words., more made up shyte for click bait.

PJTHEDOORS, Trouty, mcompact and 2 others like this.
  4. Proof

Proof Well-Known Member

1,376 Messages
    2,188 Likes Received
    This guy is such a clown. He's got about as much inside info as Fredo did in The Godfather

PJTHEDOORS, Trouty, mcc2121 and 8 others like this.
  5. FuzzyLumpkins

FuzzyLumpkins The Boognish

25,871 Messages
    12,967 Likes Received
    At the combine Jerry also said they were in no hurry to cut Romo and that they could hold onto him. Of course that doesn't fit Fisher's narrative so he ignores it.

Fisher is about as bad as it gets and I can think of noone on the DFW beat with less credibility.

Trouty and mcompact like this.
  6. bkight13

bkight13 Capologist

17,425 Messages
    13,305 Likes Received
    Owners Meeting start March 26th ........we will see soon enough

mcompact likes this.
  7. Reality

Reality Administrator Staff Member

14,874 Messages
    11,070 Likes Received
    That was a whole lot of words that said a whole lot of nothing.

8. Sydla

Sydla Well-Known Member

13,078 Messages
    14,715 Likes Received
    Does the article get better if you pay $9.99?

Because this version sucked.

9. Seven

Seven Messenger to the football Gods

14,760 Messages
    4,394 Likes Received
    Is this out in print? Cause after I take an Aaron I'll need something to wipe my Rodgers......

10. jterrell

jterrell Penguinite

23,109 Messages
    3,767 Likes Received
    I'm a fan of Fish generally but as I tweeted Fish, this is a non-story.
    Romo wants to and will play football next year.
    Dallas wants to receive compensation before they pay him 19m to play elsewhere.
    Someone in the Romo camp is talking to Fish so we are gonna get these pieces.

Killerinstinct likes this.
  11. Oh_Canada

Oh_Canada Well-Known Member

8,387 Messages
    2,364 Likes Received
    I doubt it went like that anyhow, but either way it's not a dick move when they are paying you 40 mill. They need to do what's best for the Cowboys.
    Btw-it's just as big a dick move to leak release stories in the media on behalf of your client compromising the team who may be trying to deal you.

jterrell likes this.
  12. strongarmqb

strongarmqb Active Member

118 Messages
    92 Likes Received
    Let him compete for the job. There should be no downside. If Dak can't beat him out- then why should he be starting?

We need to win now- not 3 years from now

Coy, Jarv, Silver N Blue and 2 others like this.
  13. Dhragon

Dhragon Deadly Claws of Death

1,701 Messages
    763 Likes Received
    Even if we do end up releasing Romo for nothing, I sure hope we wait and do it for as long as possible. If neither Houston or Denver want to pony up anything, then at least we can screw them by taking away valuable time they would have had with him learning their system and getting to know their personnel.

I think it would be worth it to them to switch first round picks with us just to be able to get Romo in there and getting him acquainted with them. It will be a lot harder to succeed with Romo as your QB if he doesn't have the time to adjust to your system and personnel before throwing him out there right before the preseason begins.

Sorry Tony, but your preferred teams are irking me off. Though I hate to hurt your chances of winning a Superbowl, I hate being punked by other teams trying to get something for nothing even more. So I sure hope we don't give in to the houston/Denver tactics at play here.

14. AmericasTeam81

AmericasTeam81 Well-Known Member

1,391 Messages
    1,488 Likes Received
    More fake sports news...

15. SDCowboy85

SDCowboy85 Well-Known Member

20,452 Messages
    9,899 Likes Received
    This saga isn't going to end any time soon, is it?

[​IMG]

Trouty likes this.
  16. LittleLexodus

LittleLexodus Active Member

178 Messages
    140 Likes Received
    Dak already beat him out for the starting job

Trouty and mcompact like this.
  17. mcompact

mcompact Well-Known Member

1,337 Messages
    2,099 Likes Received
    Fisher is such a hack. He make's Mike Florio look like a credible insider.

18. pugilist

pugilist Stick N Move

4,966 Messages
    4,706 Likes Received
    he did? as far as I remember Romo got Wally Pipp'd rather than beat out

Coy, AmericasTeam81 and Kaiser like this.
  19. pugilist

pugilist Stick N Move

4,966 Messages
    4,706 Likes Received
    been saying this since the playoff loss to Green Bay

makes absolutely no business sense to give away something of high value for nothing

AmericasTeam81 likes this.
  20. Kaiser

Kaiser Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

4,564 Messages
    6,549 Likes Received
    The only reason to think Romo would be released was one ESPN article, which was likely an article planted by a rival GM hoping to drive down the price for Romo.

And if cutting him was genuine, it was a really stupid move by the Texans to trade Osweiller before Romo was actually cut and signal to the entire world that they needed to acquire a QB. I doubt they are actually that stupid, but who knows. Its also possible Jerry told everyone Romo would be cut exactly to bait teams into moves like the Texans made and increase the Dallas bargaining position.

AmericasTeam81 likes this.