1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Fisher says Cowboys closing in on playcaller decision

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by BruceLee5450, Jan 18, 2013.

1. Zimmy Lives

Zimmy Lives Well-Known Member

5,282 Messages
    636 Likes Received
    It was an odd decision considering Gailey had really done nothing to merit being fired. Just Jerry being Jerry, I guess.

What bothers me about all those wanting Garrett's head is that other than Claiborne, Smith and Carter, what other young talent has Jerry given him (Garrett) to work with since he became HC?
  2. CATCH17

CATCH17 1st Round Pick

27,135 Messages
    1,314 Likes Received
    Jerry gave him a team that went to the 2nd round of the playoffs the year before and that a lot of people had as a Superbowl pick towards the end of the season.
  3. iceberg

iceberg detoxed Zone Supporter

27,963 Messages
    989 Likes Received
    but you see, that requires thought and intelligent conversation to compare apples to apples.

doing that gets in the way of blind rage.
  4. Zimmy Lives

Zimmy Lives Well-Known Member

5,282 Messages
    636 Likes Received
    Jerry gave him a team that had dysfunctional talent and no direction. We all saw how well that talent played against real teams.
  5. iceberg

27,963 Messages
    989 Likes Received
    last year JERRAH (and lord i hate it when people have to make fun of a name cause... well... who knows) went D and got the CB's *RYAN* asked for. only ryan didn't do what he said he'd do with them, so he's gone.

JERRAH must then listen to his coaches in who they want before going to get them. but rage on man. rage on.
  6. Boys122

Boys122 Well-Known Member

1,365 Messages
    31 Likes Received
    I know Jason has a hard time handling both head coaching and play calling duties due to lack of experience but we are going with Jason as HC for at least another year so I'm to the point where I don't want to change play callers unless it's Callahan using JG's offense.

If we fail to make the playoffs next year Jason more than likely gets canned. Then the new HC will either bring in his own OC or be the play caller. (insert Chucky) Now, I thought it may have been Sean Payton, but he resigned with the Saints. I also see this as a bad idea because of Dez needing to learn another offense. He's finally grasped JG's offense I don't want to see him struggle next year learning another. Not now.

If we improve this OL wether it's through the draft or free agency we'll see better results. I know Jason doesn't make the right calls at times but don't you think it may be because his hands are tied with the play calls due to a poor OL? I say see it through to this year and then make changes where they are needed.
  7. JPM

JPM Well-Known Member

5,655 Messages
    149 Likes Received
    It may also have to do with Troy not liking Chan. I can't really remember.
  8. Hostile

Hostile Peace Zone Supporter

118,367 Messages
    1,360 Likes Received
    JMO, but you are a very under rated poster here.
  9. rocboy22

rocboy22 Active Member

1,606 Messages
    0 Likes Received

don't you see that you're in over your head, and you are satisfied with 16 years with 1 playoff win??? anyone reading your posts would come to this conclusion.......

............if they have no reading comprehension ability whatsoever.
  10. iceberg

27,963 Messages
    989 Likes Received
    the binary thinking is SO VERY FRUSTRATING. if you're not a card carrying member of the JONES SUCKS parade foundation, you're drinking the kookaide and love his work.

there is no in between with them.
  11. Mr_Bill

Mr_Bill Member

383 Messages
    5 Likes Received
    You are exactly right.

Chan Gailey brought in a new system with which Aikman was uncomfortable. Troy wanted some timing routes implemented. He went so far as to ask Jason Garrett to design a few plays and present them to Gailey. Chan said, thanks, but no thanks.

Jerry decided that his quarterback was more valuable than his head coach. He fired Gailey, hired Campo, and signed Joey Galloway. Unfortunately, Aikman didn't last another full season.

Be mindful of this lesson if you want to replace Garrett's offense with another. If you do, you might want to kick Romo out the door before signing him to another contract. It could be better to start completely fresh than to saddle Romo with something in which he might be less competent.
  12. Zman5

Zman5 Well-Known Member

4,798 Messages
    582 Likes Received
    It may have felt like 5 years with Campo but it was actually 3 years.
    BTW, what's so magical about 3 years? If SF had follow that "magical" 3 year rule, Singletary would have been their coach and may have not gotten Jim Harbaugh as their HC.

The 49ners are playing in the SB while we are still wondering what to do with our coaching staff.

I'm pretty sure SF fans are very glad the 49ners' front office was "just plain stupid" and didn't give Singletary 3 years.