1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Fisher says Cowboys closing in on playcaller decision

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by BruceLee5450, Jan 18, 2013.

1. cml750

cml750 Well-Known Member

2,482 Messages
    711 Likes Received
    If is Callahan, I hope that means we employ a West Coast Offense. It would suck for Callahan to have to call Jason's offense. I think Romo would be awesome in a WCO. Just about anything would be an upgrade from the Red Headed Idiot.
  2. CowboyChris

CowboyChris Well-Known Member

2,899 Messages
    162 Likes Received
    if it were going to be Callahan, wouldnt it have been announced already? or is Jerry still on the uncomfortable trip?
  3. BiffWellingtonIII

BiffWellingtonIII Active Member

316 Messages
    47 Likes Received
    Brian Broaddas is a shill , not a fan of his projections.
  4. rcaldw

rcaldw Well-Known Member

6,819 Messages
    1,031 Likes Received
    I don't think play calling is the problem. I think offensive line is the problem. Call me crazy.
  5. Wood

Wood Well-Known Member

4,790 Messages
    645 Likes Received
    I don't recall a team ever switching the entire defense and offensive scheme in 10 days...but what they heck...they have nothing to lose.
  6. diehard2294

diehard2294 America's Team

4,863 Messages
    592 Likes Received
    ok your crazy
  7. cannonball44

cannonball44 Stephen Peterman's Campaign Manager

567 Messages
    100 Likes Received
    what will be really funny is if we get Warmack and run the ball more, theres a good chance Tony will be better protected, and Murray will be a 1500 yard rusher, and EVERYONE is going to credit Callahan.
  8. newlander

newlander Well-Known Member

8,205 Messages
    123 Likes Received

..on this but mostly I agree with you. It's AWFULLY HARD to call a good game with that dog crap oline: 31st in league in rushing and it just KILLS me when people say they can pass protect decently. Romo is a MAGICIAN to escape harm as much as he does. Then again, he zigged when he should have zagged a few years ago vs NY and they snapped his collarbone. Just a matter of time until he guts maimed behind these slobs. Costa, Free, Bernadeau and Livings are backups on most teams.:banghead:
  9. popp1234

popp1234 You will never outwork me, you talented bum! Zone Supporter

3,280 Messages
    288 Likes Received
    The reason I think it's Callahan is because they haven't brought anyone in for a visit (as far as we know), but the decision is close. Futhermore, Callahan knows the system by now, and has a proven track record of being a playcaller in pressure situations, plus he was a head coach. He knows how his playcalling affects more than just the offense. In short, he will have more game awareness.
  10. Bigdog24

Bigdog24 Well-Known Member

2,004 Messages
    268 Likes Received

Callahan would be a good choice here....Callahan took the Raiders to the Superbowl with Rich Gannon as QB. IMO give the complete OC duties to Callahan and go get Tony Sparano for OL coach....

Callahan OC with Sparano as OL coach.....getter done Jerry
  11. zack

zack Well-Known Member

2,160 Messages
    329 Likes Received
    Why would you want the same offense? Unless you are expecting a lot of wrinkles. It just seems that this offense lets the defense dictate what we would do. The last second snap seemed evident of that. How much motion and shifting was done to keep the defense guessing? Is that something you expect out of Callahan running Garrett's offense?

How about letting him run his offense as it is what he is comfortable with.
  12. theogt

theogt Surrealist Zone Supporter

44,126 Messages
    1,368 Likes Received
    Right. And the fact that they haven't even talked to anyone outside the organization means it's either Garrett or Callahan. Oh well, it's some sort of improvement. But like CL has said, the first sign of struggle on offense and Garrett will use it to take back the reigns.
  13. CowboyChris

2,899 Messages
    162 Likes Received
    Callahan was brought in to coach the OL and implement the zone blocking scheme, now we are gonna dump the playcalling on him too? is he the fix it all?
  14. Bigdog24

Bigdog24 Well-Known Member

2,004 Messages
    268 Likes Received
    NO....they will bring Tony Sparano to get the OL straight.....Sparano will give the OL alot more SALT and VINEGAR.....a little FIRE and attitude to work with....
  15. newlander

newlander Well-Known Member

8,205 Messages
    123 Likes Received

.........give him free reign and let the chips fall where they may: "same offense"........ahhhhh, no.:eek:
  16. rags747

rags747 Well-Known Member

1,150 Messages
    166 Likes Received
    If its Callahan then I would rather have Jason keep the playcalling duties. Give this offense Warmack and a center and we will be fine on the offensive side of the ball, now defense is a diff story with the 4-3 and about 4 D lineman short of what we need.
  17. popp1234

3,280 Messages
    288 Likes Received
    I agree, we should be on the attack and dictate to the defense, but I would not want us to change the entire offense. I truly beleive our offense can be deadly, it's just the way it is deployed that makes me frustrated. Garrett seems to have no rhyme or reason to his playcalling. He doesn't attack defenses. He reacts to the defense, then only when we are way behind and Romo is running the hurry-up. The guy just has no clue and feel for the game. I think Callahan will. A hi-tech weapon in the hands of a civilian is just a weapon...you have a 50/50 chance of hitting the target. A weapon in the hands of a highly trained and experienced sniper is, well, a tool of destruction and a game changer!
  18. popp1234

3,280 Messages
    288 Likes Received
    Very good point. Do we want yet another coach with multiple duties...Lord knows the OL is a handful on its own. That is an issue Jerry and Jason will have to address if, indeed Callahan is tabbed to call the plays next season.
  19. CowboyChris

2,899 Messages
    162 Likes Received
    welp i guess that settles that.
  20. Gemini Dolly

Gemini Dolly Well-Known Member

6,726 Messages
    739 Likes Received
    I have a feeling its still going to be Garrett. :(