1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Fisher says Cowboys closing in on playcaller decision

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by BruceLee5450, Jan 18, 2013.

1. RW Hitman

RW Hitman Well-Known Member

2,552 Messages
    67 Likes Received
    if the choice is between Jason letting someone else call the plays or Jason is fired as head coach, then see ya Jason - Thank you for your service.
  2. cml750

cml750 Well-Known Member

2,383 Messages
    619 Likes Received
    Absolutely!!!! Why would Jerry let Garrett continue to do something he absolutely sucks at doing????
  3. CowboysYanksLakers

CowboysYanksLakers Well-Known Member

4,115 Messages
    472 Likes Received
    I believe it's going to be someone outside of the organization.
  4. tecolote

tecolote Well-Known Member

1,852 Messages
    612 Likes Received
    Holmgren!!!!

A guy can dream.
  5. unionjack8

unionjack8 Well-Known Member

1,994 Messages
    297 Likes Received
    i heard Dave Shula was in town today.

:scream:
  6. gimmesix

gimmesix Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life

9,394 Messages
    897 Likes Received
    Because the Cowboys have still put up big offensive numbers with Garrett calling the plays, and there are injury and offensive line excuses concerning the lack of scoring.

Valid or not, those things cause hesitation because Garrett doesn't "absolutely suck" at it. Rather, he doesn't suck quite enough to make it as clear-cut as most of us would like it to be.
  7. CowboysYanksLakers

CowboysYanksLakers Well-Known Member

4,115 Messages
    472 Likes Received
    :laugh2: I know right...
  8. popp1234

popp1234 You will never outwork me, you talented bum! Zone Supporter

3,223 Messages
    252 Likes Received
    Can you imagine Jerry admitting to a failed philosophy? He wanted his coach to call his own plays, now he is contemplating going in a different direction. Jerry is asking his ego to step aside. Jason was not a good play caller. Jerry is admitting he was wrong. That speaks volumes?
  9. jterrell

jterrell Penguinite

19,695 Messages
    1,396 Likes Received
    I won't disagree about a head coach making his own hires.

But I will disagree about a forced asst helping him. Many people have been forced to work with folks that helped them mightily after initially being against the move.

The proof would be in the pudding next year.

Jerry has already made it "uncomfortable" at VR.
    At this point it is about getting the best possible folks in place.
  10. Risen Star

Risen Star Likes Collector Zone Supporter

22,012 Messages
    9,093 Likes Received
    I don't know of any NFL head coach who had assistants forced on him that had great success. You'd have to reach for the Barry Switzers to make that case and that was clearly a case of anyone being able to step in with a team that good. It was run on auto-pilot at that point.

How the heck is Jason Garrett supposed to turn this team into a real contender if he can't even function as his own head coach? It makes no sense whatsoever to retain him and then tell him how to do his job.
  11. CowboyChris

CowboyChris Well-Known Member

2,719 Messages
    70 Likes Received
    actually Holmgrem makes the most sense, he would be the HC, and Callahan would actually be the real OC/playcaller in a WCO scheme.
  12. Boys122

Boys122 Well-Known Member

1,378 Messages
    33 Likes Received
    Wow, nothing new here to read. Pure speculation. The suspense is killing me. :rolleyes:
  13. 17yearsandcounting

17yearsandcounting Benched

2,391 Messages
    1,677 Likes Received

It really doesnt. The man has won a super bowl and has a MASSIVE coaching tree. Is he going to come in and take orders from Garrett? Riiiiight.

Its probably going to be some loser like Cam Cameron.
  14. crazytown41

crazytown41 Well-Known Member

1,146 Messages
    53 Likes Received
    Let Gingerboy be OC and get Gruden in here. Might as well bring back the '02 Bucs staff at this point.
  15. Boys122

Boys122 Well-Known Member

1,378 Messages
    33 Likes Received
    Yeah that would go over real well with JG. You'd might as well just fire him if that were the case.
  16. CowboyChris

CowboyChris Well-Known Member

2,719 Messages
    70 Likes Received
    please go back and read what you responded to. i never said anything about keeping Garrett.
  17. ConstantReboot

ConstantReboot Well-Known Member

2,998 Messages
    927 Likes Received
    Garretts been here for 7 years. We had better lines in the past and we still had the same vanilla offense. We need a better playcaller than Garrett. Other teams had worst olines than ours and have done better. This Oline is our #1 problem is going stale. We do need an oline. But a better playcaller also.
  18. Beast_from_East

Beast_from_East Well-Known Member

15,150 Messages
    2,673 Likes Received
    Callahan is a WCO, totally different animal than what Garrett runs. If Callahan is just going to call plays in Garrett's offense then this is just a big waste of time.
  19. Beast_from_East

15,150 Messages
    2,673 Likes Received
    The o-line was good enough to win a playoff game in 2009 under Wade.

I agree its not that great of a line, but its not like its been dog crap the entire time Garrett has been here.
  20. Beast_from_East

15,150 Messages
    2,673 Likes Received
    Did you seriously just use "injuries" as an excuse for Garrett's offense?

Funny how the defense was signing guys who were sacking groceries during the week to start on Sunday and yet most of the coaches going out the door are on the defensive side of the ball.

They are all saying "what the hell" right about now.