1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Five players who could crash the first round

Discussion in 'Draft Zone' started by johnnyd, Apr 22, 2011.

1. johnnyd

johnnyd Active Member

1,657 Messages
    3 Likes Received
    RB Mikel LeShoure, TE Kyle Rudolph, OT James Carpenter, DE Jabaal Sheard, DE Cam Heyward

http://twitter.com/#!/RobRang/statuses/61479380173586432

Wow Carpenter is really rising fast . I really like Brewer as well. Was hoping Heyward would be there at 40 but if not maybe we take a look at Ballard from Iowa.

According to CBS Sports' Rob Rang, Alabama OT James Carpenter has emerged as a candidate to be drafted in the first round.
    Carpenter is Mike Lombardi of NFL Network's second rated offensive lineman in the draft, behind only Tyron Smith. We also get the feeling that Carpenter's stock is on the rise, and he could be a sleeper to go 26th to the Ravens or 31st to the Steelers. At a rock solid 6-foot-5 and 313 pounds with 34-inch arms, Carpenter projects as a left or right tackle in the NFL.

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/6595/james-carpenter
  2. TheCount

TheCount Pixel Pusher

21,270 Messages
    1,216 Likes Received
    Carpenter's rise is long overdue. Also surprised Marcus Gilbert hasn't been rising. That said, I don't think Carpenter goes in the 1st.
  3. supercowboy8

supercowboy8 Well-Known Member

5,501 Messages
    348 Likes Received
    I have heard Gilberts named mentioned as a 2nd round pick.
  4. Duane

Duane Active Member

6,890 Messages
    20 Likes Received
    Carpenter & Sheard are surprises to me. Everyone else I can see rising to the 1st.
  5. DFWJC

DFWJC Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

23,462 Messages
    2,363 Likes Received
    LeShoure is as good or better than Ingram, imo.

He's projected in the 2nd round and would be nice value for someone there.

Few teams other than Miami have a big need at RB, so unless he jumps Ingram, I'd be surprised if he goes in the 1st....guess we'll see.
  6. AmishCowboy

AmishCowboy if you ain't first, you're last

4,382 Messages
    66 Likes Received
    Was kinda hoping we do Watt at 9 and then Carp at 40, but he might not be there, maybe Gilbert then
  7. UnoDallas

UnoDallas Benched

5,913 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I have no desire to even go after Carp