1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Flacco or Eli?

Discussion in 'NFL Zone' started by WPBCowboysFan, Feb 4, 2013.

1. WPBCowboysFan

WPBCowboysFan Well-Known Member

5,611 Messages
    1,878 Likes Received
    If you dont think Romo is the man that can get the job done in Big D, if you could choose between E-Lie or Flacco to QB the Boys, which one would you pick?
  2. burmafrd

burmafrd Well-Known Member

41,686 Messages
    1,624 Likes Received
    Flacco since he is better in post season.
  3. ufcrules1

ufcrules1 Well-Known Member

7,018 Messages
    1,332 Likes Received
    I would take Eli.
  4. burmafrd

41,686 Messages
    1,624 Likes Received
    no surprise
  5. fortdick

fortdick Well-Known Member

5,412 Messages
    35 Likes Received
    I knew this would be posted today.
  6. ufcrules1

7,018 Messages
    1,332 Likes Received
    Eli is a 2x superbowl MVP. Nobody can ever say it was a fluke etc. I think Flacco is a great QB and was a big reason for his teams success this year, but just can't logically put him ahead of Eli.
  7. burmafrd

41,686 Messages
    1,624 Likes Received
    logic has never been your strong suit
  8. WPBCowboysFan

5,611 Messages
    1,878 Likes Received
    Glad I could insure you wouldnt be cheated or unhappy if it didnt happen! :lmao2:
  9. WPBCowboysFan

5,611 Messages
    1,878 Likes Received
    So Romo is still better than both?
  10. ufcrules1

7,018 Messages
    1,332 Likes Received
    In your mind, yes.
  11. Idgit

Idgit Ice up, son. Ice up! Staff Member

30,679 Messages
    6,437 Likes Received
    Don't particularly like either of those QBs. And it's going to be interesting to see what happens exactly with Flacco's new contract.
  12. ufcrules1

7,018 Messages
    1,332 Likes Received
    I don't like how Eli acted like a baby when he came into the league but I have no problems with him now. I have zero issue with Flacco. He seems like a great mellow guy.

Flacco is about to get paid! I read an article where the owner told Flacco before the game that if he led them to victory in the superbowl he was going to pay him what he wanted. Or something of that nature.
  13. Idgit

Idgit Ice up, son. Ice up! Staff Member

30,679 Messages
    6,437 Likes Received
    They're both good QBs. When I say I don't particularly like them, I only mean relative to the players I think are really elite at the position (Brees, Rodgers), or relative to up-and-comers I think are in the same relative ballpark as Eli and Flacco now who are going to end up affecting games more than these two do (RGIII, Kaepernick--yeah, I know, but I really like the way the guy plays).

Flacco deserves to get his money, and he's going to get it. I just think they're going to have to overpay him for what production he actually gives them. Doesn't matter, though, because they just got their Superbowl, and he played *great* yesterday.
  14. BrAinPaiNt

BrAinPaiNt Brotherhood of the Beard Staff Member

60,953 Messages
    4,302 Likes Received
    With this team and it's current status with the O-Line...neither...unless I want to plant a QB on the regular basis and then I would take both.

:rolleyes:
  15. nathanlt

nathanlt Well-Known Member

1,988 Messages
    35 Likes Received
    Romo, because he is a good quarterback, and he wants to be on the Cowboys. The other guys, play for other teams, that shows a lack of judgment on their part.
  16. ufcrules1

7,018 Messages
    1,332 Likes Received
    lol.. nice one. I appreciate good sarcasm. :laugh2:
  17. Ntegrase96

Ntegrase96 Well-Known Member

2,755 Messages
    1,283 Likes Received
    This is actually a pretty interesting comparison when you consider that they both won a superbowl roughly around the same time in their career (Eli in his 4th year, Flacco in his 5th).

I think Flacco is a better QB now then Eli was in his 5th year, but right now...? That's a closer one than I initially thought. (originally had Eli by a comfortable margin)

I've never been much of a fan of Eli's but I won't discredit him, he's a legit QB with much better numbers than Flacco, but Eli also looked putrid last season.

I think I'd take Flacco beacuse of age. Plus I like his arm better. His ability to stretch the field with that cannon of an arm, combined with a solid offensive line is hard to beat. Especially if he's throwing down field to Dez... we would just be minus the solid offensive line.
  18. Bowdown27

Bowdown27 Well-Known Member

2,606 Messages
    224 Likes Received
    I would take flacco. I don't like eli and feel he isn't as good as deion and the whole media think he is
  19. Rack Bauer

Rack Bauer Federal Agent

22,567 Messages
    501 Likes Received
    :facepalm:
  20. Blackspider214

Blackspider214 Well-Known Member

2,390 Messages
    813 Likes Received
    I'll take Flacco. Eli in between his Super Bowl appearances is just not that great. Flacco is much more consistent his in short career so far. Playoffs in every single season he has been the starter and 3 AFC championship game appearances in his 5 years. And he has definitely moved away from his bus driver label he once had because he definitely can not rely on their defense anymore to win games like in the past.

Eli is too inconsistent for my taste when deciding on these two.