1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Flacco to be highest paid QB; so what's Romo worth

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by muck4doo, Mar 1, 2013.

1. muck4doo

muck4doo Well-Known Member

1,950 Messages
    53 Likes Received
  2. WPBCowboysFan

WPBCowboysFan Well-Known Member

4,840 Messages
    1,241 Likes Received
    Flacco agrees to a new contract and will sign it Monday.

The rumors say he will get $19.5 million annual salary and $60 million guaranteed.

If true, what does that make Romo worth?
  3. lwehlers

lwehlers Well-Known Member

1,042 Messages
    48 Likes Received
    given romos age and lack of playoff sucess i think romo is worth about 14 mil a year and about 40 million guarenteed. i still think that is to much for him but the amount of contracts for starting qbs it probaly going to be that much.
  4. noshame

noshame Who wouldn't follow me? Zone Supporter

3,249 Messages
    631 Likes Received
    about 1/2:)
  5. BruceLee5450

BruceLee5450 Well-Known Member

2,107 Messages
    35 Likes Received
    Ridiculous contract for Flacco, oh well.. This guy will never live up to that contract but he helped get them a ring, so I guess all is well for the rest of his career if he goes on a fast decline.
  6. ufcrules1

ufcrules1 Well-Known Member

6,724 Messages
    1,063 Likes Received
    He is worth a 1st and 3rd...
  7. da_whiz_kid

da_whiz_kid Active Member

863 Messages
    109 Likes Received
    That is ridiculous.
  8. Little Jr

Little Jr Well-Known Member

2,714 Messages
    341 Likes Received
    Adam schefter is reporting that the deal will make flaaco the highest paid player in nfl history
  9. dwight

dwight Active Member

852 Messages
    106 Likes Received
    Romo worth 13 or 14 million.
  10. dalexa1824

dalexa1824 Member

95 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Romo is a better QB than Flacco .He may take a hometeam discount but still 18.5 and 60 gua ranteed. More likely to be more than these #'s rather than less:laugh2:
  11. rbr651

rbr651 Active Member

634 Messages
    25 Likes Received
    This is the most ridiculous contract I've heard about since Vick, This is gonna put the Ravens in a bad place for years to come.
  12. muck4doo

1,950 Messages
    53 Likes Received
    Can't believe Flacco in now the benchmark QB of the NFL.
  13. BruceLee5450

2,107 Messages
    35 Likes Received
    yep, thank you Baltimore Ravens :) Sorry if you think I am crazy, but I would still easily take Romo over Flacco with the offensive line Flacco was provided. I give credit to the guy, but I just don't understand the thinking here in giving him the biggest contract ever for the QB position.
  14. WPBCowboysFan

WPBCowboysFan Well-Known Member

4,840 Messages
    1,241 Likes Received
    Ravens fans think Flacco can do no wrong. Even before this year they praised him continually and always defended him and said the team overall was holding him back.

I just read one Ravens fan who posted on another forum that we will see the real Flacco now and soon he will be mentioned in the same breath as Drew Brees. Other Ravens fans were quick to agree. :lmao2:
  15. unionjack8

unionjack8 Well-Known Member

1,928 Messages
    268 Likes Received
    romo imo is a 16m/year guy. Sorry but he's gotta take us deep to get anything more. Fair or not he qb's this team to failure in big games.
  16. Smith22

Smith22 Well-Known Member

5,685 Messages
    157 Likes Received
    agreed. his career stats in the regular season have been average.

17. BruceLee5450

2,107 Messages
    35 Likes Received
    I really hope Romo becomes a true team guy in this situation & is in on negotiation with his agent and gives us a fair deal. Should be 12/13 mil a year, but of course it won't be.
  18. jblaze2004

jblaze2004 Well-Known Member

8,259 Messages
    263 Likes Received
    I understand what your saying, but put urself in romo shoes playing behind this crap oline and the GM n coach isnt really trying to fix it. Then you have the Dallas media n fans giving him even more crap off the field. I wouldn't be mad if romo didn't sign a extension because I would want to go to a team that actually prioritize protecting the qb.
  19. 44cowboys22

44cowboys22 Active Member

195 Messages
    28 Likes Received
    Personally, Baltimore overpaid for one season of work. Romo, imo shouldn't get anywhere near this contract. Yes, Romo is good-YES other teams would pay him stupid money....but neither of them are worth IMO
  20. muck4doo

1,950 Messages
    53 Likes Received
    Anyone gonna draft him for your fantasy team next year?