1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Flo our next RT

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by btcutter, Sep 22, 2006.

1. btcutter

btcutter Well-Known Member

2,643 Messages
    147 Likes Received
    I hope McQuestran develope like Parcell wants. He could we our LT of the future but it's abit early to pin that kind of expectations from a 7th rounder. However, if he can do it. I think Flo would be a great fit for RT which was his position in college I believe. This move will improve our RT play immediately...no offense to Columbo and increase Flo's shelf life for 3-5 yrs.

Of course, I am hoping we also hit on a G to replace Rivera who is just subpar.
  2. Bob Sacamano

Bob Sacamano Benched

57,074 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    Columbo is our present, and next RT
  3. Rush 2112

Rush 2112 New Member

1,496 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    "We won't pay a RT LT money".

~ Jerry Jones
  4. AbeBeta

AbeBeta Well-Known Member

24,920 Messages
    587 Likes Received
    I think if Flo plays like last week then he's our LT for another 3-4 years. Guys can play that position for a very long time.

I wouldn't be so quick to get down on Rivera - he works extensively with the guys next to him -- i'd be surprised if Bill didn't see him as a major reason for Gurode and Columbo's improved play.
  5. AbeBeta

24,920 Messages
    587 Likes Received
    Yeah but with the cap increase, Flo is now making RT money.
  6. TheEnigma

TheEnigma Anomaly

901 Messages
    13 Likes Received
    Some fans have been calling for Flo to be switched to the right side for years now, yet it hasn't happened. Something tells me it never will.
  7. rgcowboys

rgcowboys Member

407 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Which ear is he deaf in? That might be the problem of moving him to thr right tackle position.
  8. Rush 2112

Rush 2112 New Member

1,496 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    How many RT's make as much or more than Flo?

I'll spot you Kareem McKenzie.
  9. conner01

conner01 Well-Known Member

2,338 Messages
    116 Likes Received
    flo is only signed thru 07 so that gives mcq plenty of time to develope.i don't see mcq being the starter next year either and after that flo is a f.a so i don't see him coming back for cheap to play rt when he knows lt's make more money
  10. bobtheflob

bobtheflob New Member

1,768 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    There are plenty of teams that would want him as a LT and will offer him a lot of money. I don't know when his contract expires, but he would be an expensive RT.

Edit: conner beat me to it.
  11. austintodallas

austintodallas Consider Yourself Sucked

2,413 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    In addition to the deafness issue, why would we want to move our best tackle away from the left? Flo is right where he needs to be, protecting Drew's blind side.
  12. Marktui

Marktui Active Member

1,196 Messages
    9 Likes Received
    Didn't Flo have a good game last Sunday? Mcquistan (spelling), is a 7th rounder and only has played football for a couple of years. Obviously he has upside, why else did they keep him around, he is still 2-3 years away. His brother was a better prospect and has played more football (I think he is the starting guard in Oakland).

Besides flipping your tackles around is not that simple, footwork and technique is different and is not as easy to transition from, especially a vet like Flo who has been doing this for many years.

If Mquistan does pan out, that would be a great find, but I doubt he is ready to man the LT spot for a while. Let him get a good offseason in him and let him get bigger and stronger and we'll see next year.
  13. austintodallas

austintodallas Consider Yourself Sucked

2,413 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    That's a scary thought. The dude already looks like Paul Bunyan.
  14. Yeagermeister

Yeagermeister Active Member

47,576 Messages
    8 Likes Received
    If a stud LT fell to us in the draft maybe but I don't like the idea of trusting our qb's blind side to a 7th rounder.
  15. dmq

dmq If I'm so pretty, why am I available?

6,793 Messages
    157 Likes Received
    Parcells talked up McQ alot this summer. THis should mean he will not be on the roster come the end of next TC. Bank on a story about how much bigger and stronger he got in the offseason workout program.;)
  16. AbeBeta

24,920 Messages
    587 Likes Received
    Not many -- but next year he'll likely end up in the middle of the pack for those guys - this off-season was pretty weak at the tackle spot -- Fabini and Runyon were top of the list there last year. We could certainly cut him next year and save money (about 3 million-ish I'd guess) but we'd also have to replace him.
  17. Angus

Angus Active Member

5,064 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    I might think "our" could be changed to "somebody's" if McQuistan develops. Because left tackles are in such demand, Adams could bring a first round draft next year or the year after while he still has value left.
  18. baj1dallas

baj1dallas New Member

6,556 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Yea or he could get you a backup safety a la Gandy. Too much Madden around here.
  19. dallasfan

dallasfan New Member

978 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Without checking Willie Anderson pops to mind, don't know his contract #s, but I think it's pretty lucrative.
  20. onetrickpony

onetrickpony Member

719 Messages
    10 Likes Received
    He's deaf in his right ear. That is one of the reasons it has been speculated that he would make a better RT. It could help with false start penalties in loud situations.