1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Floyd reminds me of Austin

Discussion in 'Draft Zone' started by bsheeern, Apr 6, 2012.

1. bsheeern

bsheeern Well-Known Member

1,760 Messages
    52 Likes Received
    Just more polished at this point in his development vs where Austin was at that same time.

Both have big strong bodies and use them well against defenders before, after and during the catch. I like how they both execute Bubble Screens.

I would like this guy on our team. Not at 14 because he should be available late round 1, early 2nd. If we transition from the 2 TE set, we will have to draft or sign WR's.

It's obvious to me we have to draft a TE and at least 1 WR. He's one guy that would surely be on my radar.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1TwQmoUe-Bg&feature=youtube_gdata_player
  2. Cowboy Brian

Cowboy Brian Romo 2 Austin Zone Supporter

11,915 Messages
    340 Likes Received
    Drafting a WR in the 1st should be out of the question. Alshon Jeffery in the second is where I am looking (and hoping).

Austin/Bryant/Jeffery WRs, Jason Witten TE, DeMarco Murray/Felix Jones RB, Lawrence Vickers FB, Tony Romo QB.

Other teams would be in serious trouble stopping this.

[youtube]SoI_yajnclE[/youtube]
  3. TheFinisher

TheFinisher Well-Known Member

2,500 Messages
    675 Likes Received
    I think Floyd and Austin are similar in stature but Floyd plays a little more physical and has the more natural hands while Miles is probably a little more explosive. I think he compares more favorably to Vincent Jackson than Miles.

Either way I don't think WR is even on our radar in Round 1.
  4. bsheeern

1,760 Messages
    52 Likes Received
    I agree, round 2 is where Dallas would have to seriously consider taking him if he's still there. I Doubt he is but only time will tell.
  5. ABQcowboyJR

ABQcowboyJR Well-Known Member

2,926 Messages
    128 Likes Received
    Yeah, other than build I'm not seeing it. Miles is far quicker and probably faster than Floyd.
  6. DFWJC

DFWJC Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

23,465 Messages
    2,365 Likes Received
    I keep hearing that Floyd does not like to take a hit...and if he does take one he goes into a shell. That's odd for such a physical looking guy, but that's what I'm hearing.
  7. Hoofbite

Hoofbite Well-Known Member

32,585 Messages
    2,242 Likes Received
    I read that somewhere as well. I cannot remember where. I think it was in one of the threads a few days ago.
  8. CATCH17

CATCH17 1st Round Pick

28,022 Messages
    2,258 Likes Received
    Miles has crazy good feet for a big receiver. I like Floyd but I don't see it.
  9. Muhast

Muhast Newo

7,489 Messages
    193 Likes Received

Jeffery is slowwww. He reminds me of a Dwayne Jarrett. I'm not impressed with him at all. I'm a huge SEC fan as well.
  10. burmafrd

burmafrd Well-Known Member

41,791 Messages
    1,667 Likes Received
    false. Been watching him for two years and do not see it. If he had had a real QB to throw to him he would have been setting records at ND right and left.
  11. Muhast

Muhast Newo

7,489 Messages
    193 Likes Received

He is a much better WR than Golden Tate was coming into the draft. Just my opinion.
  12. Cowboy Brian

Cowboy Brian Romo 2 Austin Zone Supporter

11,915 Messages
    340 Likes Received
    He ran a 4.38 at his proday. He dropped 20 pounds. I like that he was willing to work that hard to improve his speed. I want to give him a shot.
  13. Muhast

Muhast Newo

7,489 Messages
    193 Likes Received

Most people at his proday had him in the 4.5 range. Whoever claimed he ran a 4.38 was most likely his agent. lol.

There is no way in the world he is a 4.3 guy. You can tell by watching any tape. He is 4.5-4.6 guy in reality.

He is also known as not being a hard worker, and being lazy. Why in the world would we want him?
  14. bsheeern

1,760 Messages
    52 Likes Received
    Yes I do see a lot of poorly thrown balls his way. ND has been lacking At the QB position and Floyd has made up for it.

Just imagine Romo throwing to this guy. Perfect passes hitting him in stride that allow him to explode upon the catch vs hesitate.
  15. bsheeern

1,760 Messages
    52 Likes Received
    Hearing? Have you looked at the film and judged for yourself?

1st off nobody likes to take a hit. I laugh when people say that.

Maybe he got to a point where his QB's were often leading him to trouble with inaccurate throws. A couple times of that and 99% of players start to think twice about leaving their feet. It almost becomes reactionary vs intentional.
  16. BraveHeartFan

BraveHeartFan We got a hat. I want a ring.

23,897 Messages
    1,367 Likes Received

Thats what I was thinking.

It appears he has some nice hands, and good concentration, but he just seems slow as heck when he's running. Even on some of the routes when he did get open and had room to run he didn't go very far because they caught him very easily.

And maybe it was just me but a lot of times in that highlight package he sure didn't seem to get much seperation.

Might be a good WR but I wouldn't be interested in the second round. I know he reportedly ran a 4.38 at his pro day but I'm not buying anything close to that from what you see him do on tape. He's clearly not a sub 4.4 guy.