1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Foles just said they played soft coverage all night

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by playmakers, Dec 2, 2012.

1. playmakers

playmakers Active Member

1,147 Messages
    5 Likes Received
    Watching the press conference here in Philly on local tv he said "they played a really soft coverage the whole night." I don't get it. You got Carr and Claiborne for a reason. If we lose at least lets lose with our top guys. You have to challenge and play our best coverage imo man-2 under. Its been obvious all year every time we play zone or soft we get no stops. I know we have injuries but come on, that was a pre-season vanilla defense we had out there tonight. I'm happy with the win but I'm just thinking what Drew Brees would do to this defense with the play calling tonight. I'm begining to think the Ryan's are really overrated and I use to be huge fans of them. He was psyched out by the RG3 hype last week when he said you can't put pressure on him during the week of the game.

Don't get me wrong, I enjoyed the win but I'm looking down the road and if we want to get to where we want to go, this must be addressed!!!! opinions
  2. Hostile

Hostile Tacos are a good investment Zone Supporter

118,725 Messages
    2,401 Likes Received
    I think they are trying to compensate for what we have lost up the middle. Ratliff, Lee, Carter, and Church. Rob is worried we're going to be attacked right up the middle so he's playing the corners soft so that can help tackle.

I'm more concerned with how that RB was all over us.
  3. big dog cowboy

big dog cowboy THE BIG DOG Staff Member

50,128 Messages
    4,320 Likes Received
    A lot of starters not playing any more. Our depth is crap. Nothing Ryan can do about either.
  4. crashintonickdm

crashintonickdm Active Member

808 Messages
    172 Likes Received
    sucks that napoleon carved this defense up so bad. it was ugly at certain points. if they had a 3rd down, it was 3rd and inches.
  5. Cowboyz88

Cowboyz88 Well-Known Member

3,666 Messages
    510 Likes Received
    Isn't it a bit disconcerting that Connor - a high priced veteran - is so weak in the middle?

I LOVE Carter/Lee, but I have been very disappointed in Connor's production.
  6. Hostile

118,725 Messages
    2,401 Likes Received
    I don't think he's a high priced veteran myself. I thought he was a blue light special savvy vet. But he's not in the same league as what we lost especially with Ratliff out. No disrespect to Brent is meant.
  7. playmakers

playmakers Active Member

1,147 Messages
    5 Likes Received
    I agree on the rb's too. I don't get the Eagles, they have a horrible oline but can run against every team in the league. I think its the schemes they run.
  8. jnday

jnday Well-Known Member

6,275 Messages
    1,274 Likes Received
    Rob Ryan is not what he thinks he is. Another bad gameplan.
  9. Nexx

Nexx Well-Known Member

1,567 Messages
    80 Likes Received
    your first comment explains your concern.
  10. CowboysYanksLakers

CowboysYanksLakers Well-Known Member

4,071 Messages
    459 Likes Received
    I still think they need to come up with a better scheme.
  11. Hostile

118,725 Messages
    2,401 Likes Received
    It should, but he was beating us on the edges. And badly I might add.
  12. ScipioCowboy

ScipioCowboy More than meets the eye. Zone Supporter

14,953 Messages
    2,181 Likes Received
    One way to nullify our opponent's running game would be to score in the first half like we score in the second half. That would make opponents more one dimensional. Agree?
  13. IAmLegend

IAmLegend Well-Known Member

3,602 Messages
    1,049 Likes Received
    Because our safeties are TRASH. That's why. If a corner gets burned, Ryan has no confidence that our safeties will save them. And he's right, they probably won't cause they suck.
  14. Hostile

118,725 Messages
    2,401 Likes Received
    I do agree.
  15. CowboysYanksLakers

CowboysYanksLakers Well-Known Member

4,071 Messages
    459 Likes Received
    That's the biggest problem, safety play. McCray is terrible.
  16. EPL0c0

EPL0c0 The Funcooker

5,005 Messages
    252 Likes Received
    it worked on one play... Claiborne was there to scoop up the fumble and return it for a TD. That ended up being the difference in the game.
  17. windward

windward NFL Historian

14,831 Messages
    246 Likes Received
    When Eric Frampton, Danny McCray and Vince Agnew are playing meaningful snaps, it is to be expected.
  18. windward

windward NFL Historian

14,831 Messages
    246 Likes Received
    Probably a function of losing Coleman I'd guess. That and Bryce Brown looks like an immensely talented back. If he can limit his fumbles...
  19. CarlAllDay

CarlAllDay Active Member

1,833 Messages
    8 Likes Received
    Hos i think its time we put rat at DE when he comes back. Crawford and company got bullied at DE today! I'd play brent at Nt and Rat at DE.
  20. funkytown

funkytown Well-Known Member

1,023 Messages
    54 Likes Received
    I'm with you on that. But i'm thinking we might see that RB(Bryce Brown) running all over the NFL for years to come.

He looks to be something special the past few weeks. Nice combination of size and speed. He wasnt the top recruit in the nation for a no reason.