1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Foles just said they played soft coverage all night

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by playmakers, Dec 2, 2012.

1. trueblue1687

trueblue1687 Well-Known Member

1,671 Messages
    29 Likes Received
    Their O-line did a nice job all night really. I thought the run blocking was pretty solid and considering who they were facing in Ware and Spencer, they did alright in pass protection too.
    I remember Brown from when he was here at Tn: what a head case. Fast as crap, but he's minutes from imploding at any given time.
  2. Risen Star

Risen Star Likes Collector Zone Supporter

19,940 Messages
    5,598 Likes Received
    It's pretty obvious we just don't have enough corners yet.
  3. dwmyers

dwmyers Well-Known Member

2,046 Messages
    37 Likes Received
    The Eagles had better guards this time, a new fresh RB with some skillz it seems, and further, were beating us with the same kinds of influence plays that chewed us up so bad last year.

The blocking heads right and the RB runs left. It's not the same counter trap play that they killed us with for two years, but roll outs to the weak side and toss to the TE, plus zone block right and cut back left kind of moves.

When you're down bodies, and using 2nd and 3rd string safeties, you don't tackle in the open field like you used to.

We played better as the game went on. That says something about our grit. That we got cut up so bad when the Eagles are so badly mismatched says something about Andy Reid and company as offensive game planners.

D-
  4. Hostile

Hostile Peace Zone Supporter

118,422 Messages
    1,474 Likes Received
    By the way, if the Brown kid is smart he'll work the rest of the year on securing that football. If he gets that down, oh my gosh. His burst was sick.
  5. Everlastingxxx

Everlastingxxx All Star

7,211 Messages
    187 Likes Received
    Play soft and hope Ware get through to do one of his sack/fumbles.

Really, there are just too many injures on defense. I wouldn’t expect too much from here on out. Offense has to carry the team or the Cowboys have no shot.
  6. jblaze2004

jblaze2004 Well-Known Member

8,260 Messages
    264 Likes Received
    welcome to rob ryans D. Next to impossible to get ints in this kind of defense. This is why we are at the bottom of the league in turnovers on defense. We play alot of stupid zone coverages.

Rg3 is going to light us up again.
  7. FiveRings

FiveRings Well-Known Member

1,759 Messages
    230 Likes Received
    I don't know why we didn't blitz more, rookie QB, horrid O Lineman, big time game and you think a 3 man rush is sufficient. Well what the hell? I was on Ware a lot for having a stinker of a game but in his defense, when you're the only threat how do you blame him?
  8. cowboyeric8

cowboyeric8 Chicks dig crutches

5,197 Messages
    50 Likes Received
    I was thinking all night "where did this guy come from?". The kid can play, just needs to learn how to carry the football.
  9. jblaze2004

8,260 Messages
    264 Likes Received
    this. When we blitzed we got quick pressure but aleast 2 time foles had a wide open guy behind the linebackers in zone:banghead:

why was wilbur playing so much MLB?
  10. Kangaroo

Kangaroo Active Member

9,893 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Injuries
  11. CowboysFaninDC

CowboysFaninDC Well-Known Member

2,789 Messages
    110 Likes Received
    because he doesn't trust his front 7 to put pressure on the QB. then you are asking the CBs to stay in man coverage for far too long and that leads to giving up big plays.

they have speedy WRs, so he wanted to force them drive the field to score. specially with Fole, however, the eagles converted time after time.
  12. jblaze2004

8,260 Messages
    264 Likes Received
    yeah and instead of switching it up we kept doing it hoping it would some how change. Lucky brown is a fumbling machine or we might of been having pitch forks and etc in dallas for garrett and rob ryans head.
  13. Dave_in-NC

Dave_in-NC Well-Known Member

10,879 Messages
    41 Likes Received

:fact:
  14. BAT

BAT Mr. Fixit

7,047 Messages
    231 Likes Received
    Front 7 can't get much pressure if only rushing 3. Foles had all day for much of the game. And Cowboys need to cut either Agnew or Frampton, and re-sign Mana Silva.

Cowboys did so much better when they rotated McCray and Silva at Safety. Silva is much better in coverage and McCray thrives in run situations. And Silva is no slouch against the run either. Neither Frampton or Agnew are familiar enough with Rob's D, they both looked ugly out there. Especially against the run.

Beefing up the trenches & the pass rush would not hurt either. Why not take a chance on a proven pass rusher like Babin, instead of a nobody like Poppinga?
  15. Beast_from_East

Beast_from_East Well-Known Member

14,245 Messages
    1,979 Likes Received
    Excellent point.

We cant play man to man defense because if a corner gets beat its a TD, we have absolutely no safety help at all.

You can play this stye of defense against a trash team like Philly and win, but Drew Brees is going to carve this soft coverage crap up like a Thanksgiving turkey.
  16. dart

dart Benched

811 Messages
    31 Likes Received
    what would he do any way

he was a lousy hire

hope he get fired
  17. TwentyOne

TwentyOne Well-Known Member

2,405 Messages
    50 Likes Received
    I ain't seen no soft coverage when Carr gave up that TD pass.