1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Football 365 April Mock Draft

Discussion in 'Draft Zone' started by Sam I Am, Apr 5, 2007.

1. RealCowboyfan

RealCowboyfan Championship

4,587 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I wouldn't fuss with this pick right here. But it is unlikely to happen.
  2. alancdc

alancdc Active Member

3,295 Messages
    4 Likes Received
    No way the Vikings take Ginn.
  3. Sam I Am

Sam I Am Unfriendly and Aloof!

31,344 Messages
    242 Likes Received
    I usually have a pretty good idea who we are going to pick, but I must say this year I'm not really sure. I know what positions/players, but because the draft board is all over the place with other teams it's hard to tell who will actually be there at #22 making it impossible to key on any certain player.

My thoughts on how it *could* go down (in a very ambiguous sense)

#1 round @ #22:

We will not take a WR unless Bowe is on the board and with Branch/Akoye gone.
    We WILL take a CB (Hall/Revis/Ross) if Branch, Akoye, Bowe are off the board.
    (if on the board and other missing)
    Otherwise, we take Jarvis Moss, Ted Ginn, Levi Brown, Chris Houston

Of course is some of the *more special* players slip, then toss this out the window. (Anderson, Willis, Adams, etc)

If all these players on on the board, Cowboys will draft Branch.
  4. Big Country

Big Country Rolling Thunder

3,716 Messages
    4 Likes Received
    Geez!!! Blalock going 10th???

Weird mock d...
  5. StarHead69

StarHead69 Active Member

1,340 Messages
    19 Likes Received
    Most articles I have read agree that Blalock can play guard or right tackle in the NFL. The common profile on him says that he should be a dominant run blocker and at least adequate in pass protection... early in his career. He is huge and also a very strong player. He was part of a chamionship team. He seems like a very safe pick ( i.e. pick him and he will be an immediate upgrade to a guard spot or hold down a right tackle spot, and help your running game either way) so plenty of teams will move him up their draft boards. I think that he will be a great "consolation prize" for a team in the top 20 who watch their top 1 or 2 choices get snapped up by a suprise early run on DL.

There are a lot of wr's and db's with 1st and 2nd round grades but very few offensive linemen who are deemed capable of starting immediately, and probably a prerennial pro-bowl candidate for 10 yrs.

I wouldn't be overly disappointed if we took him as long as Branch, Okoye, Bowe, Revis, Carriker, Landry were already gone. Blalock is a very safe pick in the 10-20 range.