1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

For all of you Beasley groupies...

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by DFWJC, Nov 16, 2012.

1. DFWJC

DFWJC Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

22,656 Messages
    2,029 Likes Received
    Something to look forward to!

Jerry was on the radio earlier today and let it slip that Beasley may have a bigger role in the game plan. He did so in the context of what players have gone above and beyond expectations lately. He also gave kudos to McCray.

I can't recall a player that has done so little that has a larger group of followers....even after quiting the team. I bet there have been more than a dozen threads on his behalf already. Oops, make that one more. :p:

But I will say, he's fun to watch and I do think the kid can get open in this league.

Maybe his reps are going up. I sure the flow of the game will dictate part of it.

I still think Harris is better, so maybe they can both get some reps.:starspin
  2. cowboyskid29

cowboyskid29 Member

223 Messages
    23 Likes Received
    I think everyone is just tired of seeing Ogletree on the field. I certainly am.
  3. DBOY3141

DBOY3141 Well-Known Member

3,185 Messages
    455 Likes Received
    Thanks, Jerry.
  4. EPL0c0

EPL0c0 The Funcooker

4,966 Messages
    232 Likes Received
    I never understood the love people had for Barry Church prior to this year. All I'd seen from him was special teams plays, but didn't think he could do much on defense.

I was proven way wrong. His loss was noticable.

hopefully we get to see the same kind of impact from Beasley
  5. RXP

RXP Well-Known Member

2,527 Messages
    784 Likes Received
    I've got 2 words for you: Danny Amendola. He is why many like Beasley. They are the same guy, at least at this stage of their respective careers. And the Cowboys let him get away.

People remember the last Wes Welker clone we had in training camp. I liked Amendola then and wanted Jerry to keep him. Now he's a terrific player for the Rams.

I'm not saying Beasley is Welker or even Amendola, but there are a lot of similarities: smaller, very quick but not fast, gets open, good hands, smart, runs good routes.

I'd like to see what he can do. He's better than Ogletree, I believe.

By the way, I'd like to see more of Dwayne Harris as well. He has the potential of becoming a real playmaker.
  6. RXP

RXP Well-Known Member

2,527 Messages
    784 Likes Received
    As for Jerry Jones, I just wish he'd shut up. Although I know he won't.

I don't know why he has to tell the world about Beasley. Just keep those facts in your back pocket.
  7. Fletch

Fletch To The Moon

9,376 Messages
    569 Likes Received
    :facepalm:
  8. Yeagermeister

Yeagermeister Active Member

47,576 Messages
    9 Likes Received
    Amendola has turned in to a very good player but he didn't have a spot here. Even if we still had him he'd be maybe a 4th wr best case 3rd wr. The rueing over players around here is never ceases to amaze me.
  9. DFWJC

22,656 Messages
    2,029 Likes Received
    I was here when Amendola was in camp. That is nothing like--not even remotely like--what has gone on with Beasley.

There were some who really liked Amendola (and many who didn't who now say they did:p: ) he had his little group of groupies. But go back and look. I bet I way underestimated the number of threads that have been started on lil Beastly's behalf.

The WR that I rued letting go the most was Jimmy Smith. I think the crowd that liked him trumped the Amedola crowd. None trump what I've seen surround Beasley. It's been entertaining for sure.

Let's hope it works out.

BTW, there a lot of similarities between Welker, Amendola, and Beasley....like small size, good hands etc. And yes, I do think it is a little bit of a factor.

Of yeah, and Danny Amendola is a fraking giant compared to Cole. He's 4 inches taller! Nothing a like size wise.
    The other stuff...yes.
  10. Yeagermeister

47,576 Messages
    9 Likes Received
    Not the Jimmy Smith thing again. He was hurt the whole time he was here. You can't keep guys like that around forever hoping some day they might play. Do you think the Eagles sit around and wonder why they didn't keep him also?
  11. RXP

RXP Well-Known Member

2,527 Messages
    784 Likes Received
    Sure there was. As a 5th WR, he would have been fine. Its' not like the Cowboys had a stable of All Pro wide receivers at Valley Ranch.

The ruing is no more or no less than fans of any other team. It's human nature for people to want to go back to fix mistakes. Everyone would like to go back to high school and fix some of the stupid things they did.

It's normal. Get used to it.
  12. DFWJC

22,656 Messages
    2,029 Likes Received
    No big deal now. I'm talking about 15 years ago.

We did, however, give Miles several seasons. We also kept KO and many othesr around too.
  13. dogberry

dogberry Well-Known Member

2,404 Messages
    53 Likes Received
    Beasley is magic. Philadelphia doubled him and put one player on Dez.

I would make that trade a hundred times.
  14. RXP

RXP Well-Known Member

2,527 Messages
    784 Likes Received
    There you go. He's a coverage magnet.

/sarcasm
  15. Yeagermeister

47,576 Messages
    9 Likes Received
    Even 15 yrs ago I don't play them for letting him go. We had better wrs on the roster. If Jacksonville hadn't be an expansion team who knows if he even gets picked up. They had the time to let him develop and it's great that he got himself healthy and turned in to a great player. At the time we just couldn't wait on him.

As for Miles it's a different situation. I don't believe they had a practice squad back then to the player had to be kept on the roster or IR. Those three years on the PS gave Miles time to develop.
  16. Yeagermeister

47,576 Messages
    9 Likes Received
    Kind of like Brandon Noble but on offense and much smaller :laugh1:
  17. RXP

RXP Well-Known Member

2,527 Messages
    784 Likes Received
    Exactly.
  18. DFWJC

22,656 Messages
    2,029 Likes Received
    Good points

But they really didn't have to wait long
    He had over 1200 yard receiving his second year and basically strung together 9-10 more years like that before he was done.

And we did have enough of a need at WR that we spent a 3rd rounder pick on Stephret Williiams 2 years after we let go of Smith--who then went on to about 5 Pro Bowls.

Classic rueage material....but as I said, old news.

The point of this thread was to give the Beasley Groupies something to get excited about.
  19. Yeagermeister

47,576 Messages
    9 Likes Received
    We'll have to agree to disagree on the rueage
  20. RW Hitman

RW Hitman Well-Known Member

2,542 Messages
    56 Likes Received
    really? :confused: