1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

For Fun - Which Cowboys will be selected to the Probowl?

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by perrykemp, Dec 26, 2012.

1. perrykemp

perrykemp Well-Known Member

5,981 Messages
    1,758 Likes Received
    Yes, I know the getting selected to the Pro-Bowl is a bit of a joke. Despite that, who do you predict gets selected for the Cowboys?

My thoughts:

Witten - Starting TE
    Spencer - Selected as a backup
    Bryant - Selected as a backup. Megatron and Brandon Marshall are the starters

I'd like to say Ware... however, I have trouble seeing both Cowboys OLBs making it.
  2. dogberry

dogberry Well-Known Member

2,424 Messages
    58 Likes Received
    If we go to the Super Bowl will that impact the Pro Bowl?
  3. rbr651

rbr651 Active Member

656 Messages
    38 Likes Received
    I like Dez...a lot....I just don't see him making it when part of the decision is done by fans and both White/Jones are known around the league more than Dez. Spencer I just don't see that either, again you have fan voting as part of the criteria and nobody outside the NFCE even knows the name Spencer.
  4. perrykemp

5,981 Messages
    1,758 Likes Received
    Teams playing the Superbowl don't have anybody play in the Superbowl.
  5. Future

Future Intramural Legend

16,426 Messages
    1,684 Likes Received
    Romo, Dez, Witten, and Spencer all should.

If more than Dez and Witten go, I'd be shocked.
  6. DavidAK

DavidAK New Member

796 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Witten
    Bryant

That's all I see going. Lee and Carter if thealthy would of gone. Nobody else deserves to go. But The Pro bowl is a scam and a joke and people go every year on pure reputation..Look at Ratliff.

Ware might end up going this year off reputation alone. Hence why I ignore the pro bowl all together. I think I've watched two my entire life. Just Terrible to watch.
  7. Ntegrase96

Ntegrase96 Well-Known Member

2,810 Messages
    1,329 Likes Received
    It seems like Dez isn't getting a lot of credit just yet. I don't know what it is... I guess people just have the perception that since he didn't live up to the hype his first year that he's not all that good.
  8. perrykemp

5,981 Messages
    1,758 Likes Received
    200+ yard games will get him noticed. He is currently 8th in the NFL, 4th in the NFC in receiving yards beyond Megatron, Marshall, and Vincent Jackson so his stats are definitely nearing that elite category especially when you consider TDs.

Sometimes pro-bowl recognition comes a year late. If Dez doesn't make it this year -- he will next year.
  9. CowboyChris

CowboyChris Well-Known Member

2,716 Messages
    70 Likes Received
    i would throw Carr in that mix.
  10. mldardy

mldardy Well-Known Member

7,074 Messages
    991 Likes Received
    Locks:
    Dez
    Witten
    Ware

Spencer? maybe
  11. Doomsday101

Doomsday101 Well-Known Member

78,039 Messages
    3,513 Likes Received
    Dez clearly has come on strong. 8th in receptions, 8th in yards and 2nd in TD catches.
  12. SDCowboy85

SDCowboy85 Well-Known Member

15,275 Messages
    1,528 Likes Received
    I'm sorry, Ware is a HOFer but if he makes the probowl this year, it proves what a joke it is. I agree on Dez and Witten though. Unfortunately RG3 will make it in over Romo even though his production isn't even close.
  13. mldardy

mldardy Well-Known Member

7,074 Messages
    991 Likes Received
    Ware is still a pro bowl player. The guy has 11.5 sacks. There aren't more than 10 players in the league that have that number. Has Ware been the Ware of old? No. Is he still a pro bowl player? Hell yes. Name 4 OLB's in the NFC that are better or having better years this season.
  14. erod

erod Well-Known Member

5,049 Messages
    2,234 Likes Received
    Romo, Witten, and Spencer are the only ones that should go.

Dez will get lost in the numbers because there are so many good receivers.
  15. Lonestar94

Lonestar94 Well-Known Member

3,523 Messages
    724 Likes Received
    Bryant, Witten, & Spencer should all be locks.
  16. SDCowboy85

15,275 Messages
    1,528 Likes Received
    Sadly, Romo and likely Dez won't get in. Dez has a chance though if WR's drop out. For Romo it will be like every year where he's not even the 3rd alternate. :rolleyes:
  17. perrykemp

5,981 Messages
    1,758 Likes Received
    Only Aldon Smith and Clay Matthews have more sacks as 3-4 OLBs than Ware.

The only thing that would prevent Ware from making it is if any of the 4-3 OLBs had good enough years to garner Pro-Bowl votes.

Usually Lance Briggs makes it as one of the NFC's OLBs.
  18. perrykemp

5,981 Messages
    1,758 Likes Received
    I'm usually only (slightly) interested in who gets <selected> to the Probowl initially -- but the time you remove the superbowl players as well as all the injured guys or guys who just don't want to both, the list of alternates get's so huge it's completely meaningless.
  19. DBOY3141

DBOY3141 Well-Known Member

3,237 Messages
    516 Likes Received
    No chance for Romo.

Rodgers
    Ryan
    RGIII
    Wilson
    Brees

will get in before Romo
  20. SDCowboy85

15,275 Messages
    1,528 Likes Received
    I agree but RG3 and especially Wilson getting in before Romo just shows what a joke it is. They are both asked to do nothing and don't produce at nearly the same level. I wouldn't be shocked if Cam Newton got in over him.