1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

For Fun - Which Cowboys will be selected to the Probowl?

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by perrykemp, Dec 26, 2012.

1. mldardy

mldardy Well-Known Member

6,675 Messages
    722 Likes Received
    Aldon Smith plays DE technically.
  2. Boys#1 95

Boys#1 95 Active Member

496 Messages
    159 Likes Received
    if they need an 007 agent ....we have one. Moore..........Sterling Moore.:laugh1:
  3. DavidAK

DavidAK New Member

796 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I don't think I can since I don't watch every other team as close as I do the Cowboys. But I know that Spencer is out playing Ware, and it's not even close IMHO. Forget the Sacks, how many does Spencer have? can't be too many.

I've said this before. Sacks are for me, one of if not the most overrated stat in the NFL.
  4. Fmart322

Fmart322 Active Member

958 Messages
    114 Likes Received
    Are you sure?
    :D
  5. Phoenix

Phoenix Well-Known Member

5,082 Messages
    449 Likes Received

:umm::duh:
  6. Phoenix

Phoenix Well-Known Member

5,082 Messages
    449 Likes Received
  7. Nunez21

Nunez21 Active Member

267 Messages
    70 Likes Received
    Dez will get in. I think players and coaches around the league respect his game.
  8. TheFinisher

TheFinisher Well-Known Member

2,454 Messages
    612 Likes Received
    There's a chance we don't send anyone to the Pro-Bowl, but if someone has the best chance it's Ware... and that would be based more on respect than his play this year.

It's gonna be tough for our guys to get in. I'd think Dez, Witten and Ware have decent shots but take a look at their positions.

*Parenthesis signifies number of players elected.

OLB (3): Aldon Smith, Clay Matthews, Lance Briggs, Sean Weatherspoon

TE (2): Jimmy Graham, Tony G, Vernon Davis

WR (4): Calvin Johnson, Brandon Marshall, Vincent Jackson, Julio Jones, Roddy White

It's just a tough year to get in at those positions.
  9. SkinsandTerps

SkinsandTerps Redskins Forever

7,399 Messages
    19 Likes Received
    Probably only Witten.
  10. perrykemp

perrykemp Well-Known Member

5,674 Messages
    1,524 Likes Received
    It's easy to forget there are a number of good 4-3 OLBs in the NFC as well and that the Pro-Bowl groups the 3-4 and 4-3 OLBs together.

Weatherspoon has had a good year.

Maybe it wouldn't be shocking if Ware didn't make it.
  11. mldardy

6,675 Messages
    722 Likes Received
    :rolleyes: Sacking a QB is overrated. That makes no sense.

Spencer has 10 btw. I guess his sacks mean nothing either. Von Miller, JJ Watt, Aldon Smith's sacks mean nothing too.
  12. Chuck 54

Chuck 54 Well-Known Member

9,329 Messages
    274 Likes Received
    I don't see any Cowboys, not a single one, starting on the probowl team.

Spencer deserves a shot, but I doubt the league votes him in...you usually need two great years first.

Witten has the best shot of anyone, but I think he'll be a backup.
  13. Double Trouble

Double Trouble Well-Known Member

8,475 Messages
    244 Likes Received
    Witten and Bryant will probably make it.

Romo won't make it, but he probably should. Rodgers and probably Ryan are in, and likely Brees will get in as well with another 5000 yd, 40 TD season, unless Robert Griffin hysteria spills over into pro bowl voting.

But what Romo has done the 2nd half with this team has been sensational. He's dragged this error-filled, moronic, injury-prone roster full of jags to within a game of the playoffs, in spite of its OL, no defense, and a clown HC.

Because of his reputation and playing for basically a .500 team, Romo won't get any MVP consideration at all. But he should.
  14. DavidAK

DavidAK New Member

796 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I never said they didn't mean anything. But I don't base everything on sacks either, like many people here do. Spencer has 10 sacks like you said. that's great, but what I see is someone who is playing with a high motor all game, stoping the run and playing solid coverage. I see someone making tackle after tackle in crucial times ( 87 tackles).

Look at JPP he had 16.5 sacks last season..That's great, but I do recall him always causing havoc in the backfield disrupting the passer and runner. I look at the overal picture not just sacks. But like I said, I don't follow every team closely, so it's unfair for me to say anything about Aldon and Mathews which also have ver 10 sacks.
  15. mldardy

6,675 Messages
    722 Likes Received
    You said sacks are for me and one of if not the overrated stats in football. That's pretty clear to me they don't mean anything to you.

Also you say you don't recall JPP causing havoc in the backfield. Did you miss the Week 14 game at Cowboys stadium last season. He was in the backfield a lot including getting a safety.
  16. xwalker

xwalker Well-Known Member

12,313 Messages
    4,847 Likes Received
    Dan Bailey
  17. ChldsPlay

ChldsPlay Well-Known Member

6,220 Messages
    368 Likes Received
    Was just about to add this.
  18. mldardy

6,675 Messages
    722 Likes Received
    Yeah he should. His numbers are really good. Blair Walsh from Minn might beat him out. He's 9-9 from 50+.
  19. DavidAK

DavidAK New Member

796 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Don't put words in my mouth. Just because their overrrated, one of the most in my opinion doesn't mean I don't think they are non important. I think running a 4.2 is overrated, that doesn't mean it's not important. Don't be a smart ***.

And I said I " DO" recall JPP causing havoc in the backfield. That's why I made the Spencer/Ware comparison. One has more sacks but the other is clearly disrupting the offense more than the other, hence why I stated the high motor and meaningful plays and tackle count.
  20. CowboyGil

CowboyGil Well-Known Member

1,126 Messages
    327 Likes Received
    Anyone besides Witten would be a pleasant surprise.