1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

For Fun - Which Cowboys will be selected to the Probowl?

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by perrykemp, Dec 26, 2012.

1. mldardy

mldardy Well-Known Member

7,523 Messages
    1,190 Likes Received
    LOL I put exactly what you typed.
  2. dexternjack

dexternjack World Traveler Zone Supporter

6,483 Messages
    2,070 Likes Received
    We have only one who should be starting at that is Witten. But, he will not because Gonzales will probably get the nod due to this being his last season (99% chance anyways).

After Jason, Ware has the next best chance because of his reputation/past play. Dez has an outside chance to be a reserve, Spencer as well.

Romo should make it too but he won't. Bailey has a decent shot, depends on how many kickers make the team.
  3. percyhoward

percyhoward Research Tool

8,642 Messages
    2,752 Likes Received
    WR: Megatron is a lock. That leaves two spots, and there are only two receivers in the top 4 in yards, receptions, and TD. That's Marshall and Bryant.
    Dez has a very strong case for being one of the three WR selected.

TE: Witten's case is even better. He leads the league in both receptions and yards at the TE position, and just broke Gonzalez's season receptions record with a game still to play. Plus, no TE has ever had 1,000 yards and missed the Pro Bowl.

Kicker could easily go to Bailey, or just as easily to the Vikings' Blair Walsh. Nobody else on the team has numbers that jump out at you like Witten, Dez, and Bailey. An outside shot for Spencer, maybe. Those who are predicting Romo will be selected need to remember he had the best season of his career last year and didn't go.

Witten and Dez.
  4. JohnsKey19

JohnsKey19 Well-Known Member

6,630 Messages
    515 Likes Received
    Ware and Witten will make it. Dez will likely make it as one of the late replacements.
  5. CowboyChris

CowboyChris Well-Known Member

2,781 Messages
    93 Likes Received
    no love for Carr?
  6. perrykemp

perrykemp Well-Known Member

6,108 Messages
    1,882 Likes Received
    The pass defense is ranked 28th in the league. I'm not sure how Carr ranks vs other NFC cornerbacks.

My guess is one or both Seahawks CBs get picked. Beyond that you have the two Bears CBs.

If by chance, anybody beyond those 4 make it I'd say Asante Samuel and Tramon Williams make it on reputation, if not play, ahead of Carr.
  7. DFWJC

DFWJC Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

23,492 Messages
    2,372 Likes Received
    Most likely this.
    Certainly Witten will be in one way or the other.
    Dez as a backup.
    Maybe Spence too.