1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

For Several Years

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by TwoDeep3, Oct 29, 2012.

1. DejectedFan1996

DejectedFan1996 Active Member

752 Messages
    242 Likes Received
    65% dinking and dunking isn't all that special. I forget where I read the stat, but Romo's throws over 20 yards plus is extremely low. Tom Brady throws deep more than 50% of the time. Romo never goes deep and if he does, its usually picked off.
  2. SWG9

SWG9 Well-Known Member

1,040 Messages
    182 Likes Received
    Absolutely spot on. Fantastic comment.
  3. SWG9

SWG9 Well-Known Member

1,040 Messages
    182 Likes Received
    There have been games where Romo's receivers and OL failed him miserably, but Sunday wasn't one of them. The line was more than adequate and Witten, Austin, and Bryant were all balling.

Romo flat out sucked Sunday, and he missed a lot more than 3 throws. A LOT.
  4. Eskimo

Eskimo Well-Known Member

12,531 Messages
    97 Likes Received
    I agree that some times Romo's teammates have let him down. I did not think he was one of the ten best players that we had on the field for us on Sunday. The Dez INT was probably a WR mistake but also a poor QB read. The Austin TD was a poor decision/throw, the JPP INT should have been lofted a bit more and I think he messed up the red zone sequence at the end of the game.

I do think he is playing at about an average level right now in the league and that isn't good enough for a guy making $11M per year.

I think his limitations in size, arm strength and ability to make reads has finally caught up to him and I don't think he'll be elite again unless his surrounding cast is elite. So we could still win with him with a great defense and a great running game but we usually haven't even had one of those most years here and this is a QB league right now.

I think we should try and trade him in the offseason and start over. He is never going to take us to the promised land but is still a valuable trading chip.