1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

For the middle rounds, Joe Adams or Greg Childs?

Discussion in 'Draft Zone' started by Awakened, Apr 27, 2012.

1. Awakened

Awakened the Dude abides

800 Messages
    59 Likes Received
    I know we have quite a few Razorback fans like me on here. Jerry has drafted suprisingly few Razorback gems over the years (Jason Peters comes to mind - I felt confident he would be a great NFL OL). Do we take a shot at Adams or Childs? Which one?

Here's the thing, Adams give you a dynamic punt returner right off the bat. Also a guy you could do some creative stuff with - he's a Reggie Bush type. Childs, on the other hand, is more of the prototypical NFL receiver. He has a chance to be a very solid #2 receiver in this league. So I'm actually kind of torn on which one I'd want. Adams gives immediate juice; Childs could possibly become a long term starter.
  2. a_minimalist

a_minimalist Well-Known Member

4,623 Messages
    59 Likes Received
    CHILDS!!!! Don't have to ask me twice!
  3. TheCount

TheCount Pixel Pusher

21,139 Messages
    1,112 Likes Received
    M partial to TJ Graham, who reminds me a. Bit of a guy I liked coming out last year Denarius Moore. Moore had a pretty good rookie year with Oakland.
  4. Awakened

Awakened the Dude abides

800 Messages
    59 Likes Received
    The choice is not that easy for me. Adams was arguably the most dynamic college football player last season. I'd put him up there with the honey badger and Richardson.
  5. a_minimalist

4,623 Messages
    59 Likes Received
    I'm partial to big guys like Childs. 6 ft 3 ... 220 lbs... awesome hands. 4.5 40yd

Love him.
  6. Deep_Freeze

Deep_Freeze Well-Known Member

6,658 Messages
    125 Likes Received
    For this team, I would probably take Adams cause of his immediate impact on special teams.

We got alot of guys like Childs, but noone like Adams.

It does depend on how far they fall, and here's hoping one of them is there in the 4th-5th rounds (most likely Childs will be available later than Adams).
  7. Awakened

Awakened the Dude abides

800 Messages
    59 Likes Received
    Adams and Childs still available. Adams is the highest rated receiver left on ESPN's board.
  8. a_minimalist

4,623 Messages
    59 Likes Received
    screw espn. childs is the highest rated wr on my nonexistent board. :)
  9. jswalker1981

jswalker1981 Fact > Your Opinion

2,616 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    We never drafted him. The only razorback Jerry has ever drafted was Felix.

With that said, I'd love to get Joe Adams.
  10. Awakened

Awakened the Dude abides

800 Messages
    59 Likes Received
    That was my point. I think Peters went in the 7th round. Jerry should have known his potential, but didn't get him.
  11. 28 Joker

28 Joker 28 Joker

7,878 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Yeah...

You can toss Jarius Wright in there, too.
  12. Leadbelly

Leadbelly Well-Known Member

706 Messages
    275 Likes Received
    Apparently there's some kind of medical issue with Adams. I think it was Spagnola who mentioned it today on Talkin' Cowboys, or it was Norm on his radio show. It's all running together at this point.

I vote Childs just so we can go, "Oooh Childs!" when he makes a play. That would be pretty annoying to the other NFC East fans. :)
  13. Deep_Freeze

6,658 Messages
    125 Likes Received
    Well I was wondering when this would come up.

I don't know what they have found out recently, but the thing I can think about with Adams medically is the 'mild stroke' he had 2 years ago. I know he was held out a couple of games for it, came back and was fine but it could be an issue with NFL teams. Here is an article on it:

http://www.al.com/sports/index.ssf/2011/11/two_years_after_mild_stroke_ar.html

If this drops him, we could really get a deal late in the draft.
  14. Leadbelly

Leadbelly Well-Known Member

706 Messages
    275 Likes Received
    Interesting. Definitely wasn't expecting to hear stroke. That would definitely qualify.

Still, I'm changing my vote to Adams. Got bored. Watched a bunch of YouTube clips on Adams. That guy is all kinds of crazy fast with great running instincts. I don't care that he ran 4.55 at the combine. If he's so slow, why's he running by everybody?

It's clear he doesn't have real natural hands on anything longer than 15-20 yards, but for a slot role he'd be amazing. On returns he'd be amazing.

I like Childs a ton, but you're right - we do have that type on the roster. We don't have what Adams would bring. Hopefully we haven't removed him from the board.
  15. Deep_Freeze

6,658 Messages
    125 Likes Received
    Yeah, its something that probably every team knows at this point, and could drop him right into our hands. I would take him in a heartbeat, and think it could make him available in the 5th round.

Watching clips of him is like watching a video game, but he is limited as a WR cause he doesn't have great hands at the moment. All this should make him drop, hopefully (have I done good trying to drop his stock?!?!).

;)