1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

For the record... Tim Tebow

Discussion in 'NFL Zone' started by ghst187, Jan 12, 2013.

1. ghst187

ghst187 Well-Known Member

5,497 Messages
    116 Likes Received
    Just for the record, Tim Tebow won more playoff games in Denver with nearly the exact same team, possibly even a slightly lesser one, than Peyton Manning given nearly identical scenarios....To add even more salt...Peyton Manning threw a backbreaking INT to lose the playoff game for Denver while Tebow threw the gamewinning TD pass in his Denver playoff game.
    Ridiculously ironic for Denver IMO...
    :lmao2: :lmao2: :lmao2:

I was a big Elway fan during his playing days but think he went full-on jerkmode as GM.
  2. TheCoolFan

TheCoolFan Well-Known Member

7,147 Messages
    228 Likes Received
    Tebowwwwwww!! :bow:
  3. Shunpike

Shunpike Active Member

718 Messages
    133 Likes Received
    Denver messed with Tebow, they failed. Jets messed with Tebow, they failed. God is realy sending s message. Tebow :bow:
  4. aikemirv

aikemirv Well-Known Member

7,088 Messages
    52 Likes Received
    That is rather comical!
  5. Stryker44

Stryker44 Active Member

816 Messages
    45 Likes Received
    I agree. Especially since he announced after Tebow win the Pittsburgh playoff game last year that he had won the right to be the starting QB entering training camp. He wasn't even allowed to compete for the job.
  6. Manwiththeplan

Manwiththeplan Well-Known Member

5,043 Messages
    270 Likes Received
    Is winning a wild card game, and getting blown out in the divisional round really better than having a bye but losing in the divisional round.
  7. tyke1doe

tyke1doe Well-Known Member

19,559 Messages
    734 Likes Received
    Yes.

That's like asking is amassing stats in the regular season better than being clutch and winning a Super Bowl but having average stats in the regular season.
  8. lane

lane The Chairman

10,706 Messages
    624 Likes Received
    we will never hear of tebow again.

rejoice!
  9. Manwiththeplan

Manwiththeplan Well-Known Member

5,043 Messages
    270 Likes Received
    horrible example because both Tebow and Manning advanced to the same point. Had Tebow gotten to the AFC CG, I'd agree, winning that extra playoff game means a lot, but winning a wild card and losing the next week isn't worth more or less than a bye followed by a loss.
  10. brooksey1

brooksey1 Well-Known Member

1,382 Messages
    435 Likes Received

The Tebow curse strikes as I predicted it would. Tebow is a competitor and a great read option QB, look at the success other teams are having with it. He will be back to work soon at least as a backup in some sort o pistol offense.

You don't trade your first round pick who just beat PIttsburgh in the playoffs in Pitt. I'm sorry but you don't. Elway paid 18 million more per year, got less ratings and won one less game. Oops!

Now Manning is turning 37 and champ bailey is getting older, this was probably Denvers best opportunity.

Major Defeat for Elway & co.
  11. tyke1doe

tyke1doe Well-Known Member

19,559 Messages
    734 Likes Received
    Uh, no.

A playoff win, no matter where it comes, is better than a playoff loss.

Besides, you asked the question. I answered it based on my perspective. I'd rather have the win.
  12. IAMKING

IAMKING Benched

1,253 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Not even close of the exact same scenario. And Tebow will finally drift away into whatever he's about to do after football.
  13. joseephuss

joseephuss Well-Known Member

21,200 Messages
    1,162 Likes Received
    Denver would not have come close to scoring 35 points against the Ravens if Tebow was the QB. They also would not have been the #1 seed with him at the helm.
  14. WV Cowboy

WV Cowboy Waitin' on the 6th

10,896 Messages
    1,218 Likes Received
    For the team, .. winning a playoff game can never be equal with losing a playoff game. Never.

For the QB himself, .. one threw a pick in OT, at home to lose the game, .. and one threw a TD pass in OT, at home for the win.

And don't twist this into thinking I would rather have Tebow over P. Manning.

Just telling it like it is.

As a matter of fact, if I were a GM, and Tebow would agree not to play QB, I would have him on my team in a heartbeat.

Kid is a warrior, he is a winner, ... I would have him play TE, or FB, or H back. He would be a great addition to any team. Talk about the RKG.
  15. joseephuss

joseephuss Well-Known Member

21,200 Messages
    1,162 Likes Received
    Both years the Broncos lost in the divisional round of the playoffs. Seems fairly equal to me except for last year the Broncos got blown out and this year went to double overtime.
  16. Nirvana

Nirvana Well-Known Member

3,928 Messages
    1,047 Likes Received
    Tebow could be a servicable back-up in a pistol offense, the 49ers probably trade Smith and then could sign Tebow as a back-up.
  17. WV Cowboy

WV Cowboy Waitin' on the 6th

10,896 Messages
    1,218 Likes Received
    Go for it then.

Last year they won a playoff game, this year they did not. Hard to advance after you lose a playoff game.

Once you are in the tournament, winning and losing is the only thing that matters.

Not where you started, not where you played. Just win and advance.
  18. WPBCowboysFan

WPBCowboysFan Well-Known Member

5,543 Messages
    1,818 Likes Received
    And it was still the right decision.
  19. DragonCowboy

DragonCowboy Well-Known Member

5,402 Messages
    124 Likes Received
    Yeah except they were at the exact same point.

It's not like Tebow got to the Super Bowl. Tebow got to the divisional round and got BLOWN OUT.

Manning got to the divisional round and made it to overtime.

The Tebow love here is ridiculous.
  20. Cajuncowboy

Cajuncowboy Preacher From The Black Lagoon

27,476 Messages
    2 Likes Received
    The 2011 Patriots were infinitely better than the 2012 Ravens. So with that said the argument is pretty much a wash.