1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

For those that want Romo fired please read

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by lqmac1, Dec 31, 2012.

1. Sweaty08

Sweaty08 New Member

5 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    If we dump Romo and start Orton. I will not watch the Cowboys next season.
  2. Blackspider214

Blackspider214 Well-Known Member

2,390 Messages
    813 Likes Received
    Missing the playoffs the last 4 of 5 years. So what's worse, 5 of 5? Big deal really. If you aren't in the playoffs, you are in the same boat as the bottom feeders, except not as good a draft pick.
  3. birdwells1

birdwells1 Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

3,373 Messages
    495 Likes Received
    Did you watch when Kitna was qbing? It would be like that but better.
  4. Sweaty08

Sweaty08 New Member

5 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Yes and I watched through Quincy Carter.
  5. birdwells1

3,373 Messages
    495 Likes Received
    Well why wouldn't you watch orten?
  6. Sweaty08

Sweaty08 New Member

5 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Because it would be dumb. We have a QB that is light years ahead of him.
  7. birdwells1

3,373 Messages
    495 Likes Received
    You said if we dump Romo you wouldn't watch. Seems to me you're more of a Romo fan than a Cowboys fan.
  8. Picksix

Picksix A Work in Progress

4,700 Messages
    679 Likes Received
    Not that simple. If it were, every team would be doing it. And let's not annoint guys like Dalton and Kaepernick before they actually do anything.
  9. Randy White

Randy White Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

6,108 Messages
    39 Likes Received

Oh, just ask the ( in no particular order ):

Vikings
    Bears
    49ers
    Cardinals
    Seahawks
    Bills
    Jets
    Dolphins
    Titans
    Jaguars
    Browns
    Raiders
    Chiefs

The last time ANY of those teams had a franchise QB was Steve Young with the 49ers.

14 years ago.
  10. Randy White

Randy White Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

6,108 Messages
    39 Likes Received
    What he said..

and I'll venture that I was a Kapernick fan long before anyone in here ( check my posts about him in here ). He's still a project with a lot of potential, but still a project. Dalton is progressing very nicely but, ironically, has the same problems as Romo. Wilson, to me, looks like a fad QB.
  11. lqmac1

lqmac1 Well-Known Member

1,235 Messages
    363 Likes Received
    And he sure as hell ain't going to win you one either.
  12. lqmac1

lqmac1 Well-Known Member

1,235 Messages
    363 Likes Received
    Not saying he's elite at all. Ya'll are quick to just dump someone without thinking about the possible trouble that comes after. Groom a QB while Romo is still at the helm. If the Cowboys did what ya'll wanted and just dumped Romo everyone would go nuts and blame the front office for releasing Romo w/o having another option!
  13. big dog cowboy

big dog cowboy THE BIG DOG Staff Member

50,298 Messages
    4,460 Likes Received
    Over 3 hours and no reasonable answer yet.
  14. EPL0c0

EPL0c0 The Funcooker

5,012 Messages
    259 Likes Received
    if Romo is making the same mistakes, then its not all on him, it's also coaching.

Because he's not alone there. Here we were, week 17, and Romo is *STILL* telling guys were to line up. Romo is *STILL* telling WRs how they ran the wrong routes.
  15. Doomsday

Doomsday Rising Star

10,343 Messages
    212 Likes Received
    The official it isnt Romo's fault because excuse list

1. JG doesnt know how to call plays
    2. Every WR runs the wrong routes
    3. Oline sucks
    4. Need a better FB
  16. birdwells1

3,373 Messages
    495 Likes Received
    Trade for Kirk Cousins to grow with your young core?
  17. CowboyRoy

CowboyRoy Active Member

592 Messages
    28 Likes Received
    How does getting rid of Romo gaurantee you anything other then going 5-11 next year? What stops the Cowboys from drafting a young QB to groom while Romo is still here? Now if your take is the we wont develop a QB with Romo around, then the problem is not Romo, its jerry and Garrett.

Romo is NOT the problem in Dallas, that is a fact. Even if Romo took us down for the score and make the playoffs, we lose the next week. Why? Because our team is a joke from the coach, to the line, to the defense. Its that simple. NO QB will ever take us anywhere in Dallas until we get a real Oline and real defense and a real coach. Sadly, that will take so long that Romo will be done by then. So there in lies the possible reason to trade him now. But good luck convincing Jerry of that. At least he is smart enough to realize that any real hope of winning a SB lies in Tony Romo taking us there.

The simple truth is that Romo's career, although never to be confused with the elite QB's of the NFL has been wasted on bad coaching, bad Oline play, poor defense, and a bad GM.

Until those other factors change, dont count on Romo, Orton, or some rookie 18th pick QB coming in here and doing anything. The ONLY reason this team sniffed the playoffs this year or any other year of late is because Romo has gotten us there. Despite the other sad facets of this team. Those are the facts.

Just look around at the playoffs teams. Can you name me one QB that has made it with less around him then Romo?

Is there a worse Oline, coach, running game, defense left in the playoffs? Romo has done more with less than anyone in the league you could argue.
  18. cowboyfan4life2

cowboyfan4life2 Well-Known Member

1,121 Messages
    203 Likes Received
    Draft a tyler wilson or a Landry Jones, and let him sit behind orton for a year. There are a lot worse qbs out there than Kyle Orton.
  19. ManicDepressiveMan

ManicDepressiveMan Member

753 Messages
    3 Likes Received
  20. birdwells1

3,373 Messages
    495 Likes Received
    Not that I want Romo gone this year but this is a good plan if you part ways.