1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

For those that want Romo fired please read

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by lqmac1, Dec 31, 2012.

1. Clove

Clove Shrinkage

37,827 Messages
    1,087 Likes Received
    :laugh1: You guys have me cracking up today.
  2. Manwiththeplan

Manwiththeplan Well-Known Member

4,867 Messages
    195 Likes Received
    If you think swapping Alex Smith for Tony Romo makes this team better, then you know nothing about football.

Smith had what the #1 ranked defense and the #1 ranked running game, here he doesn't. I won't get into a hypothetical argument of who is better, because it's obvious and since Smith will never play here, it's pointless, but adding Alex Smith to our 31st ranked rushing attack and our 19th ranked defense does not make us a playoff team.
  3. ManicDepressiveMan

ManicDepressiveMan Member

753 Messages
    3 Likes Received
  4. Arkyvarminter

Arkyvarminter Active Member

940 Messages
    112 Likes Received
    Bingo...
  5. Clove

Clove Shrinkage

37,827 Messages
    1,087 Likes Received
    I hate to say this, but maybe Garrett's offense is good enough, just that Romo isn't good enough to run it.

Romo's biggest problem is, he has no guts for the big stage. HE just doesn't have it. You either have that or you don't. He's amazing, unless the big lights are on, then he fades back to an undrafted nobody.

What good is having all those stats if you can't show up when you need him? What did Aikman do in San Fran for our first SB in the 90s? He threw a clutch pass, quickly and accurately, to Alvin Harper which put the game out of reach. It was CLUTCH.

Then he went into the Super Bowl, against that decades version of the Patriots (Buffalo Bills high-powered offense) and Aikman simply calmed down, and destroyed that team.

Believe me, regular season, and "game on the line" clutch are two different versions of clutch.

Throw for 6000 yards, and 40 TDs, and not win the game to put you in the playoffs, to me, you suck.
  6. jday

jday Well-Known Member

2,609 Messages
    575 Likes Received
    I have a feeling Jerry Jones the owner will do everything he possibly can to get Johnny Manziel here, once he is draft eligible. Call it a hunch.
  7. rocyaice

rocyaice Well-Known Member

5,816 Messages
    506 Likes Received
    People are under this misconception that rookie qb's come in and dominate just because they saw RGIII and Wilson do it. Well news flash. Ponder, Weeden, Nick Foles, Jake Locker, etc. all SUCKED this year. Those are first year and second year pro's. You will have a better chance at getting a Brandon Weeden then you will a RGIII.
  8. rocyaice

rocyaice Well-Known Member

5,816 Messages
    506 Likes Received

Why are Cowboy fans posting stuff like this?
  9. Kangaroo

Kangaroo Active Member

9,893 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Nobody in their right mind thought Weeden was a good pick or was going to be a good rookie QB and Locker was another reach that had people scratching their head on draft day.
  10. birdwells1

birdwells1 Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

3,232 Messages
    384 Likes Received
    I don't think that they are Cowboys fans, don't respond to it.
  11. Kingsham

Kingsham Active Member

278 Messages
    53 Likes Received

Hassleback with the Seahawks...and not really, but sort of Kurt Warner with the cards

McNair with the Titans...cmon son
  12. boardn10

boardn10 Member

36 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    I wanted Russell Wilson so bad! Sucks....we need a guy who can run like RGIII...that is the wave of the future...The Redskins are now the cream of the crop in the east...
  13. lqmac1

lqmac1 Well-Known Member

1,095 Messages
    208 Likes Received
    Exactly, man.
  14. rcaldw

rcaldw Well-Known Member

5,913 Messages
    376 Likes Received
    Russell Wilson
    Christian Ponder
    Matt Schaub
    Andy Dalton
    Colin Kaepernick

What do all those guys have in common? They are in the playoffs.

Wilson - 1st year
    Ponder - 2nd year
    Schaub - was a backup in Atlanta
    Dalton - 2nd year
    Kaepernick - 2nd year

I don't let Romo go without having a plan B, but I swear the post-Romo fear around here is crazy.
  15. juck

juck Well-Known Member

9,124 Messages
    77 Likes Received
    I have a feeling he may ask to be traded.
  16. Mansta54

Mansta54 Well-Known Member

9,630 Messages
    127 Likes Received

Because we have stupid fans and it's a damn shame. Smh!!
  17. Mansta54

Mansta54 Well-Known Member

9,630 Messages
    127 Likes Received
    That feeling you have is probably just gas from being so full of crap. :rolleyes:
  18. birdwells1

birdwells1 Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

3,232 Messages
    384 Likes Received
    I gotta give you props for showing up, thrashing everyone but the responsible parties.
  19. dstone2962

dstone2962 Member

80 Messages
    10 Likes Received
    Why don't people understand that losing to get good draft picks is how you build a team. Ask the Spurs if they regret having one bad season to get Tim Duncan or if the Colts are wishing they had won 8 games last season because 'they'd be in the hunt'.
  20. DFWJC

DFWJC Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

21,901 Messages
    1,657 Likes Received
    That's even dumber than just cutting him outright.
    I'm not oppossed to trading him...but
    Alex freakin Smith?:lmao2: