1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

For what it's worth: Could the Bucs make a trade for Cowboys’ Jenkins?

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by Gryphon, Oct 31, 2012.

1. Gryphon

Gryphon Merge Ahead

3,389 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Could the Bucs make a trade for Cowboys’ Jenkins?
    Categories: Bucs
    by Gil Arcia
    October 29, 2012

About half way through the 2012 season, we know where the Buccaneers rank in pass defense. If you don’t, they are 31st. That is second to last in the league in defending the pass. With the league postponing the NFL trade deadline until Thursday afternoon and the possibility of being without another cornerback, will Tampa Bay make a move to boost their secondary?

link: http://network.yardbarker.com/nfl/a...ucs_make_a_trade_for_cowboys_jenkins/12085786
  2. Tex

Tex Active Member

558 Messages
    34 Likes Received
    If all they can get is a 4th rounder I'm not to sure I wouldnt hold onto him. I have not given up yet on this year. I know I may well be in the minorityy on that opinion but...

If someone said second rounder he is gone. 3rd rounder would make me think hard and probably pull the trigger.

Cowboy
  3. jnday

jnday Well-Known Member

6,275 Messages
    1,274 Likes Received
    Take the pick and br happy about it. Jenkins should have been traded to the Colts when a offer was on the table. Felix should be with the Lions. I doubt it happens, because Jerry is not too bright on these things.
  4. Gryphon

Gryphon Merge Ahead

3,389 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    My argument is that we are not going to resign him at the end of the season so it would be nice to get something for him - like we never do.
  5. Zimmy Lives

Zimmy Lives Well-Known Member

5,986 Messages
    1,051 Likes Received
    No. Jenk is more valuable now than a 4th round pick in April.

Make that a 2nd and he's gone. : )
  6. Gaede

Gaede Well-Known Member

8,064 Messages
    956 Likes Received
    I'd trade him for a 3. Not a 4th though. He can start in this league.
  7. ROUSH8692

ROUSH8692 Well-Known Member

1,237 Messages
    71 Likes Received
    Who are you? Can you make these decisions?

Who do you think you are? Did you stay in a Holiday Inn Express last night?
  8. CATCH17

CATCH17 1st Round Pick

28,047 Messages
    2,273 Likes Received
    I don't see us going 7-2 or 6-3 so I would trade him.

I think we've done too much damage to our season and if I could trade him at this point I would.
  9. Gaede

Gaede Well-Known Member

8,064 Messages
    956 Likes Received
    Me too. Our secondary will not be any different if he's not on the team.

And let's say we could get a 3rd, that could be a starting G or C in the draft.

I don't know why he hasn't been traded already, honestly.
  10. slomoxn

slomoxn Well-Known Member

1,743 Messages
    324 Likes Received
    Well our GM P.T. Barnum,,, I mean Jerry Jones doesn't know when to hold em, know when to fold'em, know when to walk away, or when to run.... Jenkins will be here till next year because he will believe we have a chance to win the superbowl right up until the superbowl is over. (even though we aren't in it)
  11. jnday

jnday Well-Known Member

6,275 Messages
    1,274 Likes Received
    How valuable will he be when he walks at the end of the season? He is not even being used that much now. At the end of the season, Dallas will have two former first round picks walk away and the team will get nothing in return. That is just poor player management.
  12. Hook'em#11

Hook'em#11 Well-Known Member

2,770 Messages
    278 Likes Received
    Jenkins for M. Williams. I am good with that.

Other than that?

Keep him and finish out the season positively.
  13. Zimmy Lives

5,986 Messages
    1,051 Likes Received
    Ask yourself the same question when Carr gets run over and Claiborne decides to go into fashion design and retires next week. How valuable will he be?
  14. jnday

jnday Well-Known Member

6,275 Messages
    1,274 Likes Received
    I guess it depends on what your expectations for the season are. I don't see a Super Bowl in the future and anything else is a failure. Jenkins is not going to make a difference to that extent. He is not going to lift the team to a six or seven game winning streak. Jenkins being an insurance policy is not worth getting nothing in return.
  15. ABQCOWBOY

ABQCOWBOY Moderator Staff Member

35,201 Messages
    2,038 Likes Received
    I would not trade Jenkins for a 4th round pick. If he signs in FA, we could get that as a compensation pick. I'd trade him for a 2nd but not for a 4th. Why?
  16. Gaede

Gaede Well-Known Member

8,064 Messages
    956 Likes Received
    Do we really need to hold on to a 4th corner for insurance? Is this team that stacked that we don't need additional draft picks?
  17. Zimmy Lives

5,986 Messages
    1,051 Likes Received
    That is the key question, isn't it? Is a 4th round pick valuable enough today for a player who has proven starter ability and can help this team now?
  18. Zimmy Lives

5,986 Messages
    1,051 Likes Received
    He will bring a compensatory pick. That is worth something.

I like playing the odds. I think he has a better chance of playing and helping this season than a 4th round pick does of making the team and contributing next year. Make that a 2nd round pick, though, and I like those odds a little more.
  19. jblaze2004

jblaze2004 Well-Known Member

8,915 Messages
    486 Likes Received
    How many plays did Jenkins play vs the giants? I barely saw him. And with Carr n Claiborne playing outside and scandrck manning the slot when did Jenkins really play?
  20. jnday

jnday Well-Known Member

6,275 Messages
    1,274 Likes Received
    There is a very good chance that Jenkins won't bring a comp pick. I am sure that Dallas will sign a free agent or two and the pick won't be awarded. If he is the reason for an extra win in a bad season will it really make much difference? The biggest reason that I want the picks is it will least offer something in return instead of getting nothing back on the investment. If Felix and Jenkins were both traded, those picks could always be used to move up and get a higher pick. If the comp pick was a sure thing, I wouldn't trade him for a 4th, but it a very slim chance, so I would rather take the trade. I have little hope for the season. 8-8 is not much better than 6-10. Both are failures.