1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

For what it's worth: Could the Bucs make a trade for Cowboys’ Jenkins?

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by Gryphon, Oct 31, 2012.

1. casmith07

casmith07 I'm the best poster in the game!

27,145 Messages
    2,567 Likes Received
    Our fans are dumb. Plain and simple.
  2. Yeagermeister

Yeagermeister Active Member

47,576 Messages
    9 Likes Received
    Felix and Jenkins will still be Cowboys Friday morning
  3. BAZ

BAZ Drunken Mick

2,492 Messages
    324 Likes Received
    Trade for Moss, bench KO.....superbowl....
  4. silver

silver Well-Known Member

5,366 Messages
    290 Likes Received
    :madden:
  5. 28 Joker

28 Joker 28 Joker

7,878 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I bet the Green Bay Packers would take Felix Jones right now. I wish Felix could go there now, because Dallas' run blocking has been putrid this year. Furthermore, the Packers are "winning", as Charlie Sheen states. They run quite a bit of inside zone, and Jones is a perfect fit in their overall offense. Jones has the talent and he's cheap and he's young. I bet the Packers look at him in free agency next year. Jones is just the type of player the Packers would go for. However, Murray is out; so that isn't happening.

Furthermore, the Packers and the rest of the NFL saw Jones' 18-92-1 against Baltimore, a game where running lanes and push actually existed. The Baltimore game was a thing of beauty, because Jones' play was unfiltered. The fans got to see Jones on the field with their own eyes. The extremely biased DFW media and some delusional fans were neutralized for a week. If Romo allows Kevin Ogletree to get set after he moves him, Jones busts 100 rushing yards in that game and the 20 carry mark. Unfortunately, the last two games have been blocked very poorly. The Cowboys really miss Phil Costa and Martellus Bennett in the running game. Tyron Smith is an elite run blocker, but he can't block 8 or 9 guys all by himself. Que the trench guys...

Importantly, Felix and Jenkins are not going any where, because Jason Garrett is probably coaching for his job, imo. Tanner and Dunbar, despite the iconic status given to them by some people, have some severe limitations.

If Felix gets some rushing lanes against the Falcons, he will shut the idiots up for another week. In fact, this is a big game for Jones, because he might just be playing in Atlanta next year. This is a great audition for him. Now, if he just had some rushing lanes and some push... That is another story.
  6. BAZ

BAZ Drunken Mick

2,492 Messages
    324 Likes Received
    Aren't you a special little boy.
  7. Chuck 54

Chuck 54 Well-Known Member

9,275 Messages
    228 Likes Received
    With all the TB injuries and being hamstrung with Carl Nicks on IR, TB isn't going anywhere so they aren't about to make in season trades. The trade deadline is for teams that think a player can help them get into or further into the playoffs.
  8. 28 Joker

28 Joker 28 Joker

7,878 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I'm sitting here eating my pork chop and realized that I said "Que" the trench guys.

Seriously, Cue those guys up...

I bet they would trade Jenkins and Feilx for a strong guard and center that could open up a clean lane and get a push, secure their guy, get to the second level and secure linebackers... The run blocking needs some stronger players, and Martellus Bennett could dominate his edge and even keep really tight lanes open. Costa was throwing Haloti Ngata all over the place.

All kidding aside... I'd bring in Montrae Holland or play Dockery and move Bernadeau to center. I'd let the Oklahoma tight-end wham people and block on the edge.
  9. jnday

jnday Well-Known Member

6,275 Messages
    1,274 Likes Received
    Do you think other teams saw the fumbles this year or all times Felix tripped over his own feet? He will be lucky to start in the UFL after this season.

I know, I couldn't help myself.
  10. Risen Star

Risen Star Likes Collector Zone Supporter

21,048 Messages
    7,539 Likes Received
    The only way I trade a cornerback is if I get two back in return.
  11. dallasdave

dallasdave Well-Known Member

2,658 Messages
    327 Likes Received
    Hey, thats good aobut holiday inn:lmao2:
  12. xwalker

xwalker Well-Known Member

11,784 Messages
    4,335 Likes Received
    I heard that they're going to trade Tyron Smith for Janoris Jenkins.
  13. jnday

jnday Well-Known Member

6,275 Messages
    1,274 Likes Received
    I have noticed that you have an strange infatuation for the position.
  14. Wolf2k5

Wolf2k5 Active Member

846 Messages
    186 Likes Received
    Can we get a pick for trading them?
  15. fifaguy

fifaguy Well-Known Member

4,215 Messages
    693 Likes Received
    Possible the Lions could make a move for him too? Delmas is injured again. However they prob not more of a safety.

When is the trade deadline??
  16. Mr_Bill

Mr_Bill Member

383 Messages
    5 Likes Received
    Sorry, you don't trade away any player that can help you this year unless you have given up on the season. It is way too soon for that, and, therefore, it is way too soon to trade away any starter or key reserve.

If one of our top-three corners goes down for even one game, we have nothing of quality to replace him with if Jenkins is gone.

There are too many players on this team who are fighting their butts off to give up on the season, which this would be seen as.
  17. kirkjrk

kirkjrk Active Member

905 Messages
    38 Likes Received
    Totally agree. To me it's a no brainer for the FO. You have to have those extra picks to improve the team next year or any year for that fact. Many of the top teams always seem to have those one or two extra picks that make their drafts top of the pack. We would have to go 6-3, and most probably 7-2, to make the playoffs. There is nothing this team has shown to date that makes me a believer that could happen. Jenkins,Jones, Spencer(if we are not signing him next ), Dez is a lost cause and will continue giving away points in many, if not all, games. The FO has a chance to make some moves that could really help improve this team next year, but like always will probably set on their hands and let the players walk and get nothing in return. That's simply poor management. Their management style is reactive and not proactive and will always leave you following the pack with this style.
  18. jnday

jnday Well-Known Member

6,275 Messages
    1,274 Likes Received
    I am glad somebody can grasp the reality of the situation.
  19. Hostile

Hostile Peace Zone Supporter

118,556 Messages
    1,917 Likes Received
    The trade deadline is 4:00 PM Eastern tomorrow, and as I said days ago, nothing will happen.
  20. JackWagon

JackWagon Well-Known Member

1,394 Messages
    114 Likes Received
    And the GM proves that along with most people on this board ... they over value the current players.