1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Forbes: Top 10 Most Disliked Athletes (Guess who's at #10)

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by Zordon, Feb 5, 2013.

1. Boys122

Boys122 Well-Known Member

1,382 Messages
    35 Likes Received
    I find it hilarious that some fans think Romo's the problem here or doesn't have the talent to win the Super Bowl. We need more talent around him. Like an OL.
  2. Wezsh0T

Wezsh0T Well-Known Member

1,307 Messages
    148 Likes Received
    My co-workers explained to me why they hate Romo. They think he has garnered too much notoriety and fame for having accomplished nothing.

This sucks because an undrafted free agent doesn't just get handed anything.
  3. HoustonFrog

HoustonFrog Well-Known Member

1,959 Messages
    684 Likes Received
    Right. See my answer at bottom of page 1. There are no other explanations. Guy us on ESPN daily. Debated on shows. Is followed everywhere AND he's won nothing. That's it.
  4. burmafrd

burmafrd Well-Known Member

41,855 Messages
    1,695 Likes Received
    coming from you no surprise
  5. JPM

JPM Well-Known Member

5,655 Messages
    149 Likes Received
    [IMG]
  6. ufcrules1

ufcrules1 Well-Known Member

7,269 Messages
    1,459 Likes Received
    Yup, that is it.
  7. CowboyGil

CowboyGil Well-Known Member

1,194 Messages
    344 Likes Received
    Lance Armstrong probably had a good laugh over this dumb list. He beat cancer, you think he cares what a bunch of schmoes think about him? Big Ben and Ray Lewis not being on this list prove that win and all is forgiven. Even rape and conspiracy to commit murder. Romo's done nothing but become the starting QB of an NFL franchise as an undrafted free agent. WE as spoiled fans tend to lose sight of that.
  8. Redball Express

Redball Express All Aboard!!!

3,166 Messages
    351 Likes Received
    Fact of the matter is..

..he's rapidly become the guy he replaced,

Drew Bledsoe.

Over rated, under talented, mistake-prone and not the winner he thinks he is.

Remember, like Bledsoe, he was picked by Bill Parcells to lead this team and like Bledsoe, she's never lead them anywhere.

I always hear.." well, give him the right WRs, the right OL, the right defense, the right RBs, the right cheerleaders, the right waterboy, etc." Romo will win championships.

Give me a break. No he won't.

I really don't see the problem with rating him #1 most hated. It's just that there are SOOOO MANYYYY ahead of him..hhaaaa !!

:laugh1: RedBaLL Express:laugh1:
  9. CowboyGil

CowboyGil Well-Known Member

1,194 Messages
    344 Likes Received
    Only difference: Bledsoe-high draft pick, Romo-undrafted FA. If Roger the Dodger says Romo is a championship caliber QB, that's good enough for me.
  10. The Natural

The Natural Well-Known Member

4,819 Messages
    1,584 Likes Received
    He's a liar and a cheat. Who likes those?
  11. PA Cowboy Fan

PA Cowboy Fan Well-Known Member

1,915 Messages
    1,345 Likes Received
    And Bledsoe led a team to a SB and helped another one get there.
  12. Spanky2231

Spanky2231 Member

43 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Noo noo noo...people on this board know more than roger:laugh2:
  13. xwalker

xwalker Well-Known Member

13,704 Messages
    5,859 Likes Received
    It probably a "poll" around the offices of Forbes which is located in NY.
  14. ABQCOWBOY

ABQCOWBOY Moderator Staff Member

35,194 Messages
    2,033 Likes Received
    This is the sad part of the blow back associated with Romo's and the Cowboys failures over the years. While I am not what I would consider a Romo Homer, I am also not blindly against him. Romo IS a good guy, regardless of what you think of him as a Football Player. I don't understand why anybody would dislike the guy personally. That's just not right to me.
  15. BringBackThatOleTimeBoys

BringBackThatOleTimeBoys Well-Known Member

1,044 Messages
    190 Likes Received
    ^ Forbes does not seem to be the most highly esteemed news sources.

They make a lot of lists.

Remember, the media, esp. the print media is undergoing a depression - newspapers are going away all the time. The reports that are left are driven to write whatever gets ratings.
  16. DFWJC

DFWJC Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

23,525 Messages
    2,392 Likes Received
    Outside of Cowboy fans, a huge number of other NFL fans flat out could not stand Roger Staubach back in the day. They thought his "act" was phoney and that he was a HUGE dork....maybe the biggest dork ever as an NFL QB. They thought he pulled his pants up too high and was a nerd.
    They were way wrong, but that's beside the point.

It was not an act, but real. He was a great person.
    I think Roger would tell all of us that Tony is a great guy too. He'd also say he's an outstanding QB...not perfect by any remote stretch, by very, very good.
  17. ufcrules1

ufcrules1 Well-Known Member

7,269 Messages
    1,459 Likes Received
    I completely agree. I'm his biggest critic on this forum but I love the guy off the field. He is a really good person. I just don't think he is a very good leader and he chokes in high pressure situations. I don't see us getting deep in the playoffs with him much less a superbowl considering he folds like a lawn chair in high pressure games. I can't see how people hate him as a person though.
  18. GimmeTheBall!

GimmeTheBall! Junior College Transfer

13,373 Messages
    848 Likes Received
    I can understand the vilification of a QB based on lousy play and choking (Romo has made it an artform), but aside from what he has and has not done on the field, I cannot understand the "hate."

Off the field, Romo is an upstanding person, married, doesn't make it rain in nightclubs and has never been linked to homicides, drugs or thuggish behavior like other NFL . . . players.

It is just crazy for Romo to be on the list.
    Surely there should be one list for stupid, thuggish players and one for players who disappoint their fans.

Just boggles the mind.
  19. cajuncocoa

cajuncocoa Bleeding silver and blue Zone Supporter

2,482 Messages
    409 Likes Received
    The Cowboys have always had a pretty large fan base, and judging from the Romo hate on this board, I would love to know how many of our own fans were responsible for that #10 showing.
  20. BringBackThatOleTimeBoys

BringBackThatOleTimeBoys Well-Known Member

1,044 Messages
    190 Likes Received
    ^ agreed.

The other people on the hate list generally have a jerk or crazy factor much higher than Romo....he's not crazy or difficult.

He's just positioned on a high-profile, non-elite team.