1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Former Cowboys star Larry Allen one of 13 first-year Hall of Fame candidates; a lock

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by Mr Cowboy, Sep 27, 2012.

1. jimnabby

jimnabby Well-Known Member

3,876 Messages
    705 Likes Received
    Seriously? Both guys started their careers in other leagues, and yet:

Kelly: 160 starts, 5 Pro Bowls, 4 Super Bowls
    Moon: 203 starts, 10 Pro Bowls, top 5 all-time in many categories
    White: 92 starts, 1 Pro Bowl, not near the top of any lists, threw 2 passes in a Super Bowl.

There's simply no comparison.
  2. fgoodwin

fgoodwin Active Member

1,151 Messages
    13 Likes Received
    I don't think McNabb is Hall-worthy either, but at least he led his team to a Super Bowl; Danny never managed that.
  3. BTX

BTX New Member

435 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I like McNair he was a solid qb but there is no chance in Hades he makes into the HOF. Allen,Strahan,Ogden,and Sapp will get in first ballot. Lynch will get in a few years from now.
  4. BTX

BTX New Member

435 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Danny White was nowhere close to Jim Kelly who was the model of consistency or Warren Moon who I think is the most underrated QB ever. I grew up watching Moon play I feel he never got the praise he deserved had he not spent so much time playing in Canada he might own many NFL passing records. To the guy that mentioned McNabb he doesn't belong in the H.O.F but I think he will get in. The media always had a crush on him for some reason.
  5. Tennione72

Tennione72 Member

834 Messages
    11 Likes Received
    Then spits tobacco juice on the the stage.....:laugh2:
  6. erod

erod Well-Known Member

4,913 Messages
    2,052 Likes Received
    Poor Larry probably hopes he doesn't get selected so he doesn't have to give that speech. I'm hoping he does so can just get it over with.

Best offensive guard in NFL history.
  7. bigdnlaca

bigdnlaca Active Member

969 Messages
    31 Likes Received
    Naw he isn't getting in. Good player but not great. Might as well put in Eddie George if McNair gets in because Eddie was the offense for many years in Houston/Tennessee.
  8. bigdnlaca

bigdnlaca Active Member

969 Messages
    31 Likes Received
    As much as I like Allen, I don't think he gets in first ballot. I notice a trend that they do at max 3 first ballots and then players who missed the cut from previous years gets included.

I see Sapp gets in first ballot and maybe Strahan due to them working with the media covering NFL.
  9. Kangaroo

Kangaroo Active Member

9,893 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    If Eric had not wrecked his knee he would be a HOF Linemen
  10. mldardy

mldardy Well-Known Member

6,801 Messages
    795 Likes Received
    I don't see Sapp getting in 1st ballot mainly because John Randle who was a better player didn't get in on his first try and Cortez Kennedy, who wasn't as good as Sapp but played the same position got in on his 4th try. Strahan whether it's this class or the next should get in before Sapp. There is no way I consider Sapp a better player than Strahan. Sapp played with some very good/great players for much of his career: Derrick Brooks, John Lynch, Ronde Barber and later on Simeon Rice. HE will get in but I think he has to wait a year or two.
  11. CowboysYanksLakers

CowboysYanksLakers Well-Known Member

4,080 Messages
    460 Likes Received
    Larry Allen and Jonathan Ogden on the left side... OMG imagine those two on the same offensive line!
  12. Hoofbite

Hoofbite Well-Known Member

32,528 Messages
    2,215 Likes Received
    I would probably agree.

Even as great as those seasons where, I can't see a guy getting in based on 3 years no matter how good they are.

He looked really good to start the season after those 3 monsters but didn't finish the year.
  13. Hostile

Hostile Tacos are a good investment Zone Supporter

118,786 Messages
    2,522 Likes Received
    Sammy Baugh
  14. Mr_Bill

Mr_Bill Member

383 Messages
    5 Likes Received
    If Terrell Davis hasn't made it in yet, the door is closed for Priest Holmes.
  15. Mr_Bill

Mr_Bill Member

383 Messages
    5 Likes Received
    Baugh was not only a star quarterback and punter, he was also an excellent defensive back.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sammy_Baugh

Here is a kicker you would actually have liked [if he hadn't played for the Redskins, that is]. :laugh2:
  16. tyke1doe

tyke1doe Well-Known Member

19,789 Messages
    815 Likes Received
    Why is McNair even on the list? :huh:
  17. tyke1doe

tyke1doe Well-Known Member

19,789 Messages
    815 Likes Received
    That's who I thought about too.
  18. TheDallasDon

TheDallasDon AegonTheConqueror-Now bend the knee

2,489 Messages
    129 Likes Received
    I saw i pick of LA not to long ago and he still looks like a half bear and half man
  19. mldardy

mldardy Well-Known Member

6,801 Messages
    795 Likes Received
    He's good enough to be on the list but not great enough to be a HOFer
  20. Lonestar94

Lonestar94 Well-Known Member

3,523 Messages
    724 Likes Received
    What is the point of the HOF if everybody gets in? You should have to the be the best of the best of the best. Priest Holmes?