1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Former Gator Dominique Easley quells nerves, doubts with pro day showing

Discussion in 'Draft Zone' started by RS12, Apr 17, 2014.

1. RS12

RS12 Well-Known Member

14,646 Messages
    1,479 Likes Received
    GAINESVILLE, Fla. -- If Dominique Easley was nervous, he didn't show it. If there were any lingering doubts in the back of his mind about the soundness of his surgically repaired right knee, they never bubbled to the surface.

Easley stepped onto the field Thursday morning at Ben Hill Griffin Stadium and went to work. The only clue of Easley's recent past was the bulky brace on his right knee.

"I felt really good out there," he told a handful of reporters afterward. "[I wanted to show] that I can move, that I've still got the quickness, that I've still got the get-up and the tenacity."

http://msn.foxsports.com/florida/st...lls-nerves-doubts-with-pro-day-showing-041714
  2. RS12

RS12 Well-Known Member

14,646 Messages
    1,479 Likes Received
  3. Questfor6

Questfor6 Well-Known Member

1,315 Messages
    282 Likes Received
    Everyone of them picks after us, so if we want to target him pick 47 will have to be the place.
    COWBOYSNUM1 likes this.
  4. MichaelWinicki

MichaelWinicki "You want some?" Staff Member

32,623 Messages
    3,150 Likes Received
    Maybe someone will offer a "King's ransom" for the spot.
  5. tm1119

tm1119 Well-Known Member

3,090 Messages
    663 Likes Received
    If 100% he's right on par with Donald in my opinion. Not sure how realistic it is for him to return back to the form this year, but his snap get off was one of the best I've ever seen. He's worth #47 as long as the staff feels ok with both his knee and brain.
    JoeyBoy718 likes this.
  6. waving monkey

waving monkey Well-Known Member

2,356 Messages
    909 Likes Received
    I just want out of the injured draft pick worries.
    ghst187 likes this.
  7. Gaede

Gaede Well-Known Member

8,035 Messages
    934 Likes Received
    I like Easley's potential, but I absolutely hate his production in college. For someone so talented, he produced very little in the stats dept.
  8. slick325

slick325 Well-Known Member

1,936 Messages
    125 Likes Received
    Jernigan in the 1st and Easley at 47 would go a long way in improving the defense going forward. Would love to team Easley with Melton and Jernigan. Grab a DE in the 3rd and re-sign Spencer and I'd be happy.
  9. jnday

jnday Well-Known Member

6,275 Messages
    1,274 Likes Received
    Drafting these talented players with injury histories is s big gamble that has hurt the team IMO. Lee is a good example.
    Floaty likes this.
  10. LatinMind

LatinMind iPhotoshop

8,977 Messages
    2,000 Likes Received
    If CHI drafts Donald then they wont draft Easley, but if they pass on Donald in RD1 he wll be a Cowboy.
  11. XxTDxX

XxTDxX Active Member

750 Messages
    248 Likes Received
    There will be someone better and less injury prone available at 47. I will pass unless he falls to the 3rd.
    marchetta likes this.
  12. ABQcowboyJR

ABQcowboyJR Well-Known Member

2,926 Messages
    129 Likes Received
    Would love see this kid playing with a star on his helmet. I don't think the injuries would or should scare us from taking him in the second.
  13. tm1119

tm1119 Well-Known Member

3,090 Messages
    663 Likes Received
    There will be no one nearly as talented as Easley at pick 47, I can promise you that. Injury concerns are one thing with him, but he's a top 15 talent in this draft when healthy. It's just a risk vs reward thing with him if he's worth our 2nd rounder.
    KDM256 likes this.
  14. ABQcowboyJR

ABQcowboyJR Well-Known Member

2,926 Messages
    129 Likes Received
    He was/would have been a top 10 borderline top five pick without the injuries. I can almost guarantee if he is at 47 there won't be a player with more talent on the board. It just depends on if your willing to take a risk with the injuries.
  15. XxTDxX

XxTDxX Active Member

750 Messages
    248 Likes Received
    I am not worried about the talent. I am just tired of guys who can't stay on the field because I will take a B+ Talent who plays 16 games a year for 3 straight years over an A Talent who plays a total of 24 games over that same span.
  16. KDM256

KDM256 Active Member

405 Messages
    91 Likes Received
    If Easley is healthy, I would take a chance with him at 47 and hope for the best. Kid has talent and could help this organization next year.
  17. unionjack8

unionjack8 Well-Known Member

2,000 Messages
    298 Likes Received
    if healthy he is the best 3 tech in the draft and its not even a debate imo
  18. casmith07

casmith07 I'm the best poster in the game!

27,566 Messages
    2,947 Likes Received
    We could take him at 47.

I can see Seattle taking him at 32.
  19. casmith07

casmith07 I'm the best poster in the game!

27,566 Messages
    2,947 Likes Received
    They've worked out okay for us so far.
  20. AsthmaField

AsthmaField Outta bounds

11,193 Messages
    2,791 Likes Received
    Yeah, I can see them doing it at 32 as well. They might be hoping that he slides down to their second round pick though.

I don't think he'll make it there, myself.
    casmith07 likes this.