1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Former Texas WR Marquise Goodwin is an “intoxicating” Senior Bowl riser

Discussion in 'Draft Zone' started by CowboysYanksLakers, Jan 24, 2013.

1. CowboysYanksLakers

CowboysYanksLakers Well-Known Member

4,139 Messages
    481 Likes Received
  2. TheCoolFan

TheCoolFan Well-Known Member

7,334 Messages
    275 Likes Received
    I've always liked him...he's very small and is always a big hit away from injury but he'd bring value as a kick returner immediately.

If not Goodwin then I'd take a flyer on DJ Monroe as an undrafted FA. He's more of a runner than a WR but has equal kickoff return ability and could be just as good a threat on screens and jet sweeps
  3. Zordon

Zordon Well-Known Member

10,392 Messages
    5,916 Likes Received
    this is the exact type of pick i would love if our gm would ever afford us the luxury. not this year unfortunately...
  4. cowboys1981

cowboys1981 Well-Known Member

2,904 Messages
    1,673 Likes Received
    Ok Deion go talk to him so he can get in some form of trouble and hopefully lands to us late in draft haha. JK! I hope he has a brilliant NFL career
  5. RS12

RS12 Well-Known Member

14,643 Messages
    1,479 Likes Received
    4. Solid group of wide outs: Markus Wheaton (Oregon State), Quinton Patton (Louisiana Tech), Chris Harper (Kansas State), etc. However, the one prospect I really enjoyed watching this week was Marquise Goodwin (Texas). The WR has legit speed and I’m interested to see how he fits in an NFL game plan next season. He could be a playmaker.

http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/Ten-observations-from-Senior-Bowl-week.html
  6. Zordon

Zordon Well-Known Member

10,392 Messages
    5,916 Likes Received
    maybe the kid will be invited to Dallas Day and jerry will fall in love with him. he definitely fits the rkg mold.
  7. Idgit

Idgit Ice up, son. Ice up! Staff Member

31,853 Messages
    7,578 Likes Received
    We need a player who can stretch the defense vertically in the worst way.
  8. Gaede

Gaede Well-Known Member

8,035 Messages
    934 Likes Received
    Yup. This been true for a long time too.

Garrett's offense needs deep speed, IMO.
  9. CowboysYanksLakers

CowboysYanksLakers Well-Known Member

4,139 Messages
    481 Likes Received
    Exactly... We need a guy like Goodwin who can just take the top off coverage. This guy has elite speed.
  10. ABQcowboyJR

ABQcowboyJR Well-Known Member

2,926 Messages
    129 Likes Received
    I'd love to have both of them. Pick dj up as a udfa and draft goodwin in the sixth. Might have to take him in the fifth if they really like him.
  11. ABQCOWBOY

ABQCOWBOY Moderator Staff Member

35,176 Messages
    2,021 Likes Received
    He will be in San Francisco next season. They can afford to spend a pick on him that others can not and basically reach for him IMO. They need help at WR and he would fit. I'd like to have him but I don't see it. He's become to visible to other teams now and that hurts our chances a great deal.

JMO