1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Fox assigns Brennaman and Billick as new #2 announcing team for Fox playoff coverage

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by WoodysGirl, Jan 11, 2013.

1. WoodysGirl

WoodysGirl Shut up and play! Staff Member

67,227 Messages
    7,055 Likes Received
    By Barry Horn / Reporter
    bhorn@dallasnews.com
    9:10 pm on January 11, 2013 | Permalink

Fox has slipped Thom Brennaman and Brian Billick into its No. 2 NFL booth this playoff weekend. They are replacing incumbents Kenny Albert, Daryl Johnston and Tony Siragusa, who have drawn playoff duty for years.

Asked about the Sunday switch on a conference call this week, Fox Sports president Eric Shanks, who has been on the job two years, indicated his network is taking a new path. Fox rates Aikman and Buck on top with No. 2 up for grabs.

More: http://cowboysblog.dallasnews.com/2...-johnstons-team-off-of-playoff-coverage.html/
  2. blindzebra

blindzebra Well-Known Member

9,544 Messages
    816 Likes Received
    Booooooo.

Moose, Goose and Albert are hands down the best team on all the networks.
  3. lane

lane The Chairman

11,056 Messages
    910 Likes Received
    i concur

i wish moose would come coach with us in some capacity.

he knows the game.
  4. Hoofbite

Hoofbite Well-Known Member

32,585 Messages
    2,242 Likes Received
    I agree.

I really can't see how they can put Billick in there. That guy sounded absolutely lost in the Cincy game.
  5. Titleist

Titleist Well-Known Member

724 Messages
    328 Likes Received
    Eh, Billick/Brennaman isn't nearly as bad as anything with Cris Collinsworth. Can't stand that guy.
  6. CaptainMorgan

CaptainMorgan Well-Known Member

2,048 Messages
    524 Likes Received
    I actually like Collinsworth.

Thiesman and Jaworsky is who I could never stand.

Nothing will ever beat Madden/Summerall though!
  7. TheCoolFan

TheCoolFan Well-Known Member

7,344 Messages
    279 Likes Received
    Wow that's a surprise. Brennaman is horrible...The Ticket always makes fun of him.
  8. big dog cowboy

big dog cowboy THE BIG DOG Staff Member

51,649 Messages
    5,560 Likes Received
    For one weekend I'm ok with it. I don't like it but i'm ok with it. But this better be their short term plans because they are not the #2 announcing team on Fox.
  9. Blitzen32

Blitzen32 Member

205 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    Uhh, do you people have these games on mute or something? Moose is good but Albert is as informative and entertaining as drying paint. Goose might be the most annoying human being on Earth.

You're lying if you say that he's added anything to your game experience other than informing you of the field color and stadium snack bar options in each city.
  10. lane

lane The Chairman

11,056 Messages
    910 Likes Received
    easy there..

i will say i love your avatar.
  11. Blitzen32

Blitzen32 Member

205 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    Not arguing with the Moose love. Just don't let that dilute facts about the team as a whole. How many times has Moose had to put Siragusa in his place after some wildly dumb observation or opinion? One too many.

The viewers don't want to hear that stuff regularly.
  12. hra8700

hra8700 Active Member

807 Messages
    56 Likes Received
    Ummm...collinsworth and michaels...not even close.
  13. blindzebra

blindzebra Well-Known Member

9,544 Messages
    816 Likes Received
    Ummm...everyone has their opinion, yours happens to be wrong however.
  14. Shinywalrus

Shinywalrus Active Member

1,740 Messages
    8 Likes Received
    Every guy has an off night. I enjoy watching a game Billick does more than anyone out there. Very clean, not gushing with praise, not cynical like Collinsworth. Calls the game, provides occasional color but doesn't oversell it.
  15. Teren_Kanan

Teren_Kanan Well-Known Member

1,708 Messages
    175 Likes Received
    It's not about how they do their job. It's about what they say about the Cowboys. If you say negative things, you're a horrible announcer, if you say positive things, you are a very skilled announcer. Seems to be a trend when it comes to peoples opinions on announcers and media coverage guys.
  16. UDcowboysfan

UDcowboysfan Member

644 Messages
    19 Likes Received
    Colinsworth is the worst announcer I've ever heard, all my friends agree. I love moose and Albert, I also love the nfl network group. Mike mayock knows football
  17. noshame

noshame Who wouldn't follow me? Zone Supporter

3,612 Messages
    863 Likes Received
    tell me you're not a Cowboys fan, then i can understand,not agree, but understand:laugh2:
  18. Kangaroo

Kangaroo Active Member

9,893 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Buck blows they need to put Aikman and moose back together but for some reason Fox management has this love fest for BUck yet I have not meet one person who likes him.
  19. Faerluna

Faerluna I'm Complicated

5,144 Messages
    4 Likes Received
    Ironically, I have a friend that is a Redskins fan that hates Troy because he says he is a Cowboys homer. I told him that I've heard countless times from Cowboys fans how Troy is always down on the Cowboys and never gives props, etc.

It's all perspective.
  20. Cajuncowboy

Cajuncowboy Preacher From The Black Lagoon

27,476 Messages
    2 Likes Received
    Are they trying to screw this up? Kenny Moose and Goose are by far better.