1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

News: Fox: Cowboys need déjà vu on draft day

Discussion in 'News Zone' started by CCBoy, Mar 5, 2012.

1. CCBoy

CCBoy Well-Known Member

17,096 Messages
    1,340 Likes Received
    Cowboys need déjà vu on draft day
    by Keith Whitmire

http://www.foxsportssouthwest.com/0...g_cowboys.html?blockID=671980&feedID=4679

As the NFL Scouting Combine begins, it's obvious the Cowboys desperately need help on the defensive side in the upcoming draft.

The Cowboys should ignore the obvious. They should do exactly what they did last year: draft another big ol' boring offensive lineman.

Sure, the secondary is so full of holes it looks like someone took a shotgun to it. The defensive line, other than DeMarcus Ware, doesn't generate enough pressure to blow up a party balloon.

Drafting a hotshot cornerback or a bulldozing defensive end is exciting. Taking offensive linemen with your first pick is boring. Offensive linemen don't sack quarterbacks or cause turnovers.

You know what would be really exciting for the Cowboys? To have Tony Romo healthy for the final years of his career....
  2. jswalker1981

jswalker1981 Fact > Your Opinion

2,616 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I couldn't agree more. Romo having time to hit Austin and Dez deep for TDs and creating big holes for Murray and Felix to gouge a defense is sexy. You need a good offensive line to do that.
  3. Future

Future Intramural Legend

16,406 Messages
    1,674 Likes Received
    Ironic that drafting the big uglies is what allows you to be sexy :laugh2:

But I agree more. Even if we do sign somebody like Nicks, I still go DeCastro at 14. I'm real tempted to go after someone like Ingram or Jenkins, but I just can't justify passing on a guy who can fill a need for the next decade