1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Fox, NBC vie for piece of Cowboys-Redskins showdown

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by WoodysGirl, Dec 22, 2012.

1. theebs

theebs Believe!!!!

22,213 Messages
    1,270 Likes Received
    I don't care what tine we play.

I just hope we can have a significant lead.

The whole league and the media are dying for griffin to play Wilson in the wild card round. So we are not going to get any calls and probably will have a number if holdings and illegal contacts called on us.

Hearing Tom Jackson and Chris carter say griffin is better than romo or manning was absurd.

But it show's who they are pulling for and I think everyone is pulling for mr. Gatorade/subway.
  2. jterrell

jterrell Penguinite

19,312 Messages
    1,206 Likes Received
    so bad two major networks are fighting tooth and nail to present the division winning game.
  3. Tenkamenin

Tenkamenin Well-Known Member

1,047 Messages
    82 Likes Received
    The east is the most competitive division in football, the winner of the division is going to terrorize teams in the playoffs.
  4. Lazyking

Lazyking Active Member

700 Messages
    72 Likes Received
    I'm in CT, I get most Cowboy fox games that aren't conflicted with the Giants.. so if Fox does keep the game, I hope they push it to 4:25 or its stream watching ugh..
  5. marchetta

marchetta Well-Known Member

3,036 Messages
    117 Likes Received
    According to Big Ben, shouldn't they be fighting over the Steelers last game? :laugh2:
  6. CowboysYanksLakers

CowboysYanksLakers Well-Known Member

4,038 Messages
    452 Likes Received
    Move it to NBC...
  7. StylisticS

StylisticS Well-Known Member

8,218 Messages
    203 Likes Received
    I really hope it stays on Fox. I dislike SNF games.
  8. StylisticS

StylisticS Well-Known Member

8,218 Messages
    203 Likes Received
    I think they will move it to 4:25 if Fox keeps it.
  9. windward

windward NFL Historian

14,817 Messages
    237 Likes Received
    Us against the world.
  10. Ren

Ren Well-Known Member

10,831 Messages
    335 Likes Received
    I hope it gets flexed, i'm going to Mexico on Saturday and i'd hate to have to watch football in the middle of the day, i'm just not used to it
  11. Fmart322

Fmart322 Active Member

937 Messages
    102 Likes Received
    Keep it on FOX! Move it to 4pm at the latest. Let them flex the Giants because the NFL loves them so much. Remember, both the Cowboys and Redskins cheated the salary cap so they shouldn't be given any preferable treatment.:rolleyes:
  12. Stryker44

Stryker44 Active Member

809 Messages
    29 Likes Received
    I prefer it to be flexed simply because I'm going to a holiday party the night before and want to get some :p: sleep

I wouldn't mind 4 PM though - but if its at 1 PM I'll be pissed.

Almost makes you wonder if Jerry sees the writing on the wall with his comments doubting that the game will be flexed. Have to wonder if the NFL is apt to support anything that results in cutting into the bottom line of Jones and Snyder.

Does Fox hold the rights to this game as its NFC and there is not a week 17 SNF football game scheduled at the moment? If so, wouldn't NBC have to buy them out?
  13. Stryker44

Stryker44 Active Member

809 Messages
    29 Likes Received
    I see your point - if its an elimination game I don't see myself falling asleep for a couple hours after the game either from the elation of winning the division or the disappointment. Would hate to have to work Monday - luckily I don't.
  14. Stryker44

Stryker44 Active Member

809 Messages
    29 Likes Received
    Skins are the most penalized team in the NFL this year and there is no love for Dan Snyder. Just sayin.

Edit: Actually that was true as of last week....now the Skins are at 31st with 7.9 penalties per game average and Dallas is dead last with 8.0. Coincidence that the 2 teams with the cap penalties are the most penalized?
  15. theebs

theebs Believe!!!!

22,213 Messages
    1,270 Likes Received
    Yea see the Pittsburgh game last week.
  16. The Quest for Six

The Quest for Six Well-Known Member

6,330 Messages
    468 Likes Received
    rather the game be left where it belongs, it's an NFC game, it should be on FOX with buck and Aikman..
  17. Venger

Venger Well-Known Member

2,434 Messages
    310 Likes Received
    Man it's funny to hear this, I remember growing up, the top flight was ABC with MNF, then Brent Musburger on CBSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS, then if we played an AFC team we got stuck with NBC.

Now, NBC has the best with SNF, Fox is second, ABC has nothign, CBS is pretty awful, and the bottom of the barrel is MNF on ESPN.

How things change.
  18. mwj473

mwj473 Member

628 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    NBC deos not choose the flex game, the NFL does....

http://cowboyszone.com/forums/showpost.php?p=4905740&postcount=26
  19. sbark

sbark Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

3,630 Messages
    202 Likes Received
    I suppose it will go to NBC, just so Bob Costa gets another "halftime special commentary segment" with a record audience again.
  20. Risen Star

Risen Star Likes Collector Zone Supporter

21,030 Messages
    7,514 Likes Received
    Go Fox. Can't stand night games.