1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Fox News host says Obama is ‘a racist’

Discussion in 'Political Zone' started by Maikeru-sama, Jul 29, 2009.

1. MetalHead

MetalHead Benched

6,031 Messages
    0 Likes Received

Negative.
    Pastor Manning tells you what you NEED to hear but do not want to hear.
    Pastor Manning is about ACCOUNTABILITY regardless of race.
    Is he perfect?...only Jesus was.

The truth is ugly...but Pastor Manning dishes it out as good as he can.
    It's not hate...its what many need to hear.
  2. Maikeru-sama

Maikeru-sama Mick Green 58

14,547 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Again, how is that any different than someone posting a Jeremiah Wright Sermon and proclaiming that this is what "White" people need to hear and the truth hurts? It isn't. What Wright said was BS, just like the negatives and the generalizations this guy says.

Frankly, when the guy paints a broad brush and says "Black people" (as in all of us) walk around with a chip on our shoulder, it is hard to take him seriously.

Contrary to what some believe, all blacks don't think and act alike.

Besides, hearing that "Black folk are full of abandoment, full of murder" and all his other gibberish is a negative we hear all the time about "us". So I don't understand the "they" need to hear it when "they" hear it quite a bit.
  3. MetalHead

MetalHead Benched

6,031 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Simple.
    The victim card is a cash cow.
    Keep in mind..I am brown.
    But in my mind,I am an equal and act as equal as anyone.
    I don't play that game.

Account for and demand better for the supposed leaders.
    You know who they are...Denounce them!
  4. Maikeru-sama

14,547 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Artie you are too funny man :laugh2: .

I see your point of view, I just don't see how "airing out" one group's dirty laundry is going to solve anything.

It's hard to take the guy seriously.
  5. iceberg

iceberg detoxed Zone Supporter

27,422 Messages
    514 Likes Received
    what is disgusting about what he said? that many black people need to quit using their race as a crutch?

damn him.

he is very different. he wants people to be people, nothing more.

why is that a foul to you?

i don't give a god damn the color of a mans skin. but i hear black people hide behind the color of theirs a lot and forgive me...

i have a problem with that.

if you don't want your race held against you, don't use it as an excuse.

all he is saying is put colors away and be people. on both sides. if that bothers you, i now see you so very differently.
  6. iceberg

27,422 Messages
    514 Likes Received
    i take him very seriously because he does tell one side to quit taking advantage of the very thing they cry out against.

the dirty laundry he speaks has to be said. i stand behind his message 100%. if that bothers you or puts me in a bad light, ignore me cause it's only gonna get worse from here.
  7. iceberg

27,422 Messages
    514 Likes Received
    i wanted common sense to prevail but it ain't doing it. this man just speaks life as it is. not with a bias, not with an intent to put one color over another - just that if you want to move forward, you use your own two feet.

anyone that has a problem with this message, well - i'll just have to adjust my own views of them.
  8. Maikeru-sama

14,547 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Go right ahead and adjust your view of me, it won't hurt my feelings ;) .

This guy's sermon is no different then Jeremiah Wright's sermons accept it is on other extreme.

After watching this video, it is clear this guy is a complete idiot and shouldn't be taken seriously. He supports a certain fringe ideology and I now understand why some would support him.

link

"I believe Obama is the beast and I believe I am a member of the Elect". What a clown...:bow:

At 4:51 of the clip below, he says that "All whites who voted for Barack Obama are racists". The hatred he has for Barack Obama is on par with fringe hate groups. With him having the sign at the entrance of his church that says, "Mr. Obama show us your birth certificate", the IRS really needs to look at his tax exempt status. As a Pastor, I am suprised he uses the "N" word so freely and he continues to generalize about all blacks (and whites).

link

The guy is a complete nut job and anybody who stumps for this guy "I certainly view differently".
  9. Maikeru-sama

14,547 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I never knew Pastor Manning existed, this is some very intersting stuff.

link

I think I like this guy, I think an entire forum needs to be devoted to his teachings :bow: :laugh2:
  10. Cajuncowboy

Cajuncowboy Preacher From The Black Lagoon

27,478 Messages
    0 Likes Received

Sure it's different. Wright is a black guy who makes statements about white people. Manning is a black guy who makes statements about black people. By your way of thinking then, a white guy should never point out the failings of white people towards black people.

Isn't what Manning is doing what we should all be doing? Looking at ourselves without the blinders on and trying to improve ourselves by pointing out our failures?

Black people can't run around thinking that black people are perfect and white's can't do the same of themselves.

If a black man is offended at what Manning or for that matter Bill Cosby says about themselves then maybe that individual has some guilt issues.
  11. Cajuncowboy

27,478 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Laugh at that statement all you want but I'll tell you something. One of my best friends and I were talking (He is black by the way) regarding the lack of black corporate leaders. He said that the ethics that it takes (both work and behavioral) are not generally instilled in them at an early age. That in general if they are brought up in a welfare class home and one that has been generational, then this would be the result. That person would have to overcome so much to be successful that it is a minor miracle that any do succeed.

The same is true however for whites in the same situation but because by in large there are a much higher percentage of blacks in that scenario it plays out that by comparison the number of blacks at the top of the success ladder is smaller on a percentage basis.

My original statement to him was that a black person's success is no greater than than of a white person who achieves the same level but on the whole, now that I have come to understand a bit more, that may not be the case.

However I would also say that a black man who has all the advantages and is a success vs. a white man from the welfare system with the same success would also not be of the same level of accomplishment.

In other words, the greater the obstacles the greater the same level of success would be regardless of skin color.
  12. Maikeru-sama

14,547 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Pastor Manning indulges in negative sterotypes and it is plainly obvious he isn't trying to bring people together, it's seems quite the opposite.

When anybody, regardless of their color says that "God says black men have no honor" and that "every single white person that voted for Barack Obama is a racists", it's ignorant.

He no different then Rush Limbaugh, Al Sharpton, Jessie Jackson and all the other race pimps.
  13. Maikeru-sama

14,547 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Everyone is entitled to their opinion. Just because your friend is Black, doesn't mean his comments about his own people are factual.

When someone makes a blanket statement about an entire group of people, they should not be taken too seriously.

Black parents are no different then any other group. You have bad parents, good parents and excellent parents.

I have ethics, not on welfware, don't rob my mother and have honor. I find comments like these and Pastor Manning's offensive, not because they hit on some dormant fact about myself, but it indulges in hideous sterotypes and tries to label an entire group.

If they would stick to attacking a certain segment of the Black Population, that would be more agreeable. Unfortunately, their comments paint all Blacks that way and as a Black person who grew up around Blacks and Whites, their comments are just that, comments.
  14. Cajuncowboy

27,478 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I don't think he is painting ALL blacks that way. Otherwise he would be saying that about himself. I think you are just over sensitive to this.

It's like me, a white person saying white people can't dance. (Michael Jackson doesn't count :D ) Obviously it sounds like a blanket statement but it obviously isn't true.

I think to find the greater point you have to not be so sensitive and thin skinned in order to take something positive from it.
  15. Maikeru-sama

14,547 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    To be fair, I wasn't in attendance when your friend made his comment, I can only go by what was reportedly said.

I don't think I am being oversenstive. When a guy comes out and says "All white people who voted for Barack Obama are racists", it is ignorant. Not only did Pastor Manning make this claim, when the reporter asked him to clarify he repeated the same rhetoric. Henceforth, since he makes blanket statements about white people, I have to assume when he says "God says they (blacks) have no honor", I have to believe he is making another blanket statement.

Self-evaluation is very important. However, when Pastor Manning calls Barack Obama a "N", a beast, the anti-christ and many other foul things, he is nothing but a fringe preacher that is only being divisive.

Like Jeremiah Wright, this guy's tax exempt status should really be evaluated.

I had a problem with Blacks who sympathized with Jeremiah Wright's teachings and I have a problem with those who can sympathize and agree with Pastor Manning's teaching.

I find his teachings very interesting, flawed, but intersting and I would be curious to see the demographics of his church.
  16. iceberg

27,422 Messages
    514 Likes Received
    except that wright preaches hate for the white man.

manning tells you to put your color down and be responsible for your actions.

i fail to see a connection.
  17. MetalHead

MetalHead Benched

6,031 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Maybe Pastor Manning is talking to you.You just don't want to listen.
    It is obviuos now that Pastor Manning hit a nerve on you.
    Notice you are the only one calling him names.
  18. iceberg

27,422 Messages
    514 Likes Received
    why are you preaching these messages?

what message am i preaching?

hope

that is in link 2 makiu provided.

damn him for teaching hope. how dare he. how dare he call it honestly on both sides. if yo have a problem with that, then you're likely one of the ones he's talking about in regard to using your color to your advantage these days.
  19. Maikeru-sama

14,547 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I'm sorry that you support an individual that indulges in stereotypes and calls all whites who voted for Barack Obama racists and claims that God told him that black men have no honor. Like you indirectly insult me by insinuating that I use my race to get what I want, it says alot about you for stomping for this guy.

Anyone who supports the hatred Pastor Manning preaches is no different then the people that sat in Jeremiah Wright's congregation and said nothing about the disgusting generalizations and downright racists comments he made.

Artie, I wouldn't confuse the lack posts agreeing with my position as proof Pastor Manning is correct. Like the United States in general, alot of people on this forum would rather not touch this issue and don't even take the guy serious enough. Besides, it is the weekend and most people have a life, that is why I won't be posting until Monday.

Enjoy listening to the guy call Barack Obama a beast, the anti-christ and a usurper.
  20. Cajuncowboy

27,478 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I would definitely say he is a usurper. And he is a beastly president.