1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Fox News host says Obama is ‘a racist’

Discussion in 'Political Zone' started by Maikeru-sama, Jul 29, 2009.

1. ShiningStar

ShiningStar Well-Known Member

6,083 Messages
    492 Likes Received
    you just want to argue guy, im sorry its over.
  2. ScipioCowboy

ScipioCowboy More than meets the eye. Zone Supporter

14,575 Messages
    1,667 Likes Received
    Speaking of strawmen, how exactly did Bush "suck up" to BJU?

Or, more precisely, how did Bush's treatment of BJU differ from any other President's treatment of an American University at which he had been invited to speak?

Just out of curiosity, what "strawman" was trying to erect?
  3. TheRat

TheRat The Silly Willy

1,868 Messages
    16 Likes Received
    It didn't differ and it should have. He either should not have spoken there, or at least condemn its policies. Bush himself noted it was wrong not to denounce some of the bigoted policies there, so even Bush sees what he did was wrong. You, however, don't see anything wrong with what he did, which I and many others, including Bush himself, would find odd. In that case I don't think it is possible for us to find common ground in this argument.
  4. ShiningStar

6,083 Messages
    492 Likes Received

So if you can admit that Bush was wrong for that, why cant you say Obama is wrong and a racist?
  5. Cajuncowboy

Cajuncowboy Preacher From The Black Lagoon

27,478 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Based on his actions, associations and policy, I think he is a racist. Yo think otherwise is ignorant of the facts before you.
  6. Cajuncowboy

27,478 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Obama said the guy was his MENTOR.

But you still don't think he embraced his views? Really?
  7. ninja

ninja Numbnuts

5,439 Messages
    409 Likes Received
    20 pages on a simple race remark.
  8. Guli

Guli New Member

49 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Is Obama a racist....Yes Convicted by his own words.

This is just a quick scan. Anyone looking to actually spend time on this could find more.

Quotes start:
    Just before Obama's nationally televised campaign kickoff rally last Feb. 10, the candidate disinvited Wright from giving the public invocation. Wright explained: "When [Obama's] enemies find out that in 1984 I went to Tripoli to visit Col. Muammar el-Qaddafi with Nation of Islam leader Louis Farrakhan, a lot of his Jewish support will dry up quicker than a snowball in hell."According to Wright, Obama then told him, "You can get kind of rough in the sermons, so what we've decided is that it's best for you not to be out there in public." But privately, Obama and his family prayed with Wright just before the presidential announcement." -- Ronald Kessler, Newsmax

[1] Obama shocking Quote: 'I ceased to advertise my mother's race at the age of 12 or 13, when I began to suspect that by doing so I was ingratiating myself to whites.'

[SOURCE: From "From Dreams of My Father" by Barack Hussein Obama, page-15]

[2] Obama shocking Quote:That hate hadn’t gone away,' he wrote, 'blaming' white people — some cruel, some ignorant, sometimes a single face, sometimes just a faceless image of a system claiming power over our lives.'

[SOURCE: From "From Dreams of My Father" by Barack Hussein Obama]

[3] Obama shocking Quote:'There was something about him that made me wary, a little too sure of himself, maybe. And

white . . .

[SOURCE: From "From Dreams of My Father" by Barack Hussein Obama]

[4] Obama shocking Quote:'It remained necessary to prove which side you were on, to show your loyalty to the black masses, to strike out and name names.' While in college, Obama wrote (he) disapproved of what he called other "half-breeds” who gravitated toward whites instead of blacks.

[SOURCE: From "From Dreams of My Father" by Barack Hussein Obama, pages-99-100]

[5] Obama shocking Quote: "Yes, I'd seen weakness in other men -- Gramps and his disappointments, Lolo and his compromise. But these men had become object lessons for me, men I might ... never emulate, white men and brown men whose fates didn't speak to my own. 'You do not work hard enough, Barry. You must help in your people's struggle. Wake up, black man!' "
    [SOURCE: From "From Dreams of My Father" by Barack Hussein Obama, page 220]

[6] Obama shocking Quote: It was into my father's image, the black man, son of Africa, that I'd packed all the attributes I sought in myself, the attributes of Martin and Malcolm, DuBois and Mandela.

And if later I saw that the black men I knew -- Frank or Ray or Will or Rafiq -- [Black Radicals] fell short of such lofty standards; if I had learned to respect these men for the struggles they went through, recognizing them as my own -- my father's voice had nevertheless remained untainted, inspiring, rebuking, granting or withholding approval.
    'You do not work hard enough, Barry. You must help in your people's struggle. Wake up, black man!' "
    [SOURCE: From "From Dreams of My Father" by Barack Hussein Obama, page 220]

Cajun still waiting for that list (nudge nudge).
    Remember the monster has to:
    kill 700,000 Americans for money.
    suspend Habeus Corpus
    Shut down newspapers that were critical of him

'You will take possession by military force, of the printing establishments of the New York World and Journal of Commerce...and prohibit any further publication thereof....you are therefore commanded forthwirth to arrest and imprison...the editors, proprietors and publishers of the aforesaid newspapers'.
    -Order from Abraham Lincoln To General John Dix, May 18, 1864

imprisoning without trial thousands of Northern citizens.
    censoring communication
    nationalizing the railroads
    confiscating private property
    confiscating firearms
    invade states that did not secede (because they might)
    Missouri ,Kentucky, and I think Maryland but don't quote me on that one
    you get the idea...
  9. TheRat

TheRat The Silly Willy

1,868 Messages
    16 Likes Received
    Both Obama and bush were wrong. Neither are racist.
  10. ShiningStar

6,083 Messages
    492 Likes Received

are you not reading.

okay define racist.
  11. Rogah

Rogah Well-Known Member

3,635 Messages
    61 Likes Received
    With all due respect, this is a poor analogy. If a guy who is a bigot performed a ceremony for you on one occasion, then that doesn't make you a bigot - especially since you were what? 13 years old at the time?

But if he performed a ceremony for you and then you spent 20 years of your adult life going to his sermons and you chose him to perform more ceremonies for you, including some of the most important moments of your life, and you openly praised him as a guide and mentor in a book you wrote... well, that goes a bit beyond simply performing a Bar Mitzvah, wouldn't you agree?
  12. TheRat

TheRat The Silly Willy

1,868 Messages
    16 Likes Received

Firstly, it is not like bashing whites was the main focus of Wright's ministry. He wasn't the Hitler of the Blacks as you are making him out to be, but he did have some extreme racist views that he obviously expressed on rare occasions. It is possible Obama was not aware of some Wright's ideas considering how little he went to church. It was even proven he was not present at those couple of sermons that were given so much press. I'm sure when Obama joined the Trinity Church he thought he was joining a moderate institution conisdering the United Church of Christ organization is mostly comprised of white churches.

Secondly, this man was my rabbi for a long time until recently. In any event, let me go back to Reagan. Instead of merely associating himself with a racist, which is what Obama did, Reagan actively opposed legislation that would end racism (Civil Rights Act) and actively supported racist regimes (South Africa). Is Reagan a racist?

Thirdly, I think it is ridiculous to ascribe the views of everyone Obama associates himself to Obama. Especially if those views are diametrically opposed to reality. Obamas most trusted advisors are white: Axelrod, Emanuel, David Plouffe, and Gibbs. The only person in Obama's inner circle who I can think of that is not white is Valrie Jarrett. I just find it hard to believe that Obama despises whites given the fact that he is half white, was raised by whites, and his most trusted friends and advisors are white. Basically you will ignore or minimize these facts because it does not fit in with your system of beliefs. Instead you will use crazy logic like ascribing every single belief of someone Obama associates himself with to Obama.
  13. zrinkill

zrinkill Diamond surrounded by trash

32,680 Messages
    441 Likes Received
    This thread has sunk way past bad taste
  14. WoodysGirl

WoodysGirl Do it for the Vine! Staff Member

64,577 Messages
    3,444 Likes Received
    Didn't really have far to go..JMO.

It had a couple of good spots, but overall.. *shrug*
  15. JBond

JBond Well-Known Member

6,711 Messages
    29 Likes Received
    I guess you are not familiar with black liberation theology. Especially the in the form the racist Wright preaches.
  16. Cajuncowboy

27,478 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    He was his MENTOR!
  17. Maikeru-sama

Maikeru-sama Mick Green 58

14,547 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Now I understand...:bang2:

link