1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

News: Fox: Outlook bright for recovering RB Murray

Discussion in 'News Zone' started by CCBoy, Dec 23, 2011.

1. CCBoy

CCBoy Well-Known Member

16,936 Messages
    1,239 Likes Received
    Outlook bright for recovering RB Murray

A broken ankle derailed DeMarco Murray's promising rookie season. (Tim Heitman-US PRESSWIRE)
    By Jon Machota

http://www.foxsportssouthwest.com/1...nding_cowboys.html?blockID=631974&feedID=4680

Cowboys running back DeMarco Murray recently said he had surgery on his fractured right ankle and that he expects to be at full strength in a couple of months.

"I'm doing well," Murray told radio station KWWN 1100AM in Las Vegas. "I'm doing well. It was an easy, simple surgery. It wasn't something that was long enough to keep me out for not much. I'll be ... I'm running within four weeks. I should be 100 percent by about two months. I won't miss anything."

Murray, who said he heard his ankle pop twice while being tackled by Giants defensive end Dave Tollefson on Dec. 11, knew immediately he had suffered the most severe ankle injury of his career.

"I tried to get up and it was just bad," Murray said. "It was something that happened and everything happens for a reason, so I am just looking back on it now. I wish it could have been different, but hey it is what it is. I just gotta take it and get better."

While the training staff helped Murray off the field, preventing him from putting any pressure on his right leg, Cowboys coach Jason Garrett walked up to Murray and passed along some words of encouragement.

"He said just keep your head up," Murray recalled. "Just keep your head up and we'll see what happens."...
  2. big dog cowboy

big dog cowboy THE BIG DOG Staff Member

50,147 Messages
    4,336 Likes Received
    Very bright I would say. With Murray, Jones and Tanner (or Morris) I have no worries at RB.
  3. cobra

cobra Salty Bastard

3,134 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    :huh:
  4. realtick

realtick Benched

6,986 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Good kid. Glad to see his spirits are up which actually make me feel better about the injury.

I'm pretty sure the injury was nearly identical to the type that Dez suffered. If so, judging by Dez, Murray should be just fine.
  5. Bleu Star

Bleu Star Agent Coulson

19,789 Messages
    1,062 Likes Received
    Great news!!!
  6. Eddie

Eddie Well-Known Member

8,814 Messages
    383 Likes Received
    Murray had a ton of carries in college. He has a lot of miles. That's why he dropped to the third round.

Felix is made of glass.

Honestly, we can't depend on either of these guys to make it through a full season.

RB should be on our draft list this year.
  7. 03EBZ06

03EBZ06 Need2Speed

7,979 Messages
    411 Likes Received
    LOL, no. Murray dropped to 3rd round because of his perceived durability issue and he was injured during the draft, it had nothing to do his carries. A. Peterson in three college seasons had nearly same carries as Murray, who played four seasons.
  8. Cowboys&LakersFan

Cowboys&LakersFan Benched

14,198 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    So 1 injury and all of a sudden we can't depend on him? This is football people it's a brutal sport injuries are gonna happen it sucks, but that's just the way it is. We're fine at running back. We need to upgrade the defensive and offensive line and secondary.
  9. Primetime42

Primetime42 Well-Known Member

2,847 Messages
    174 Likes Received
    From the minute the kid took over as the lead back, he was taking a beating and kept coming back for more.

This was a freak injury. I'm willing to give him the benefit of the doubt.
  10. TheDallasDon

TheDallasDon AegonTheConqueror-Now bend the knee

2,489 Messages
    129 Likes Received
    Wow......just wow