1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

News: Fox: Sources: Cowboys want Chiefs CB Carr (good read)

Discussion in 'News Zone' started by CCBoy, Mar 7, 2012.

1. CCBoy

CCBoy Well-Known Member

17,247 Messages
    1,407 Likes Received
    Sources: Cowboys want Chiefs CB Carr
    By Jon Machota

http://www.foxsportssouthwest.com/0...nding_cowboys.html?blockID=675808&feedID=4680

Adding potential starters at defensive back and interior offensive line are two of the Cowboys' biggest concerns entering free agency. But which need is more important?

According to a recent post on ProFootballWeekly.com, a certain cornerback is the front-runner.

Kansas City's Brandon Carr is in the same position as Cowboys outside linebacker Anthony Spencer. If he isn't given the franchise tag then he will become a free agent. If Carr is available the Cowboys are expected to pounce.

"Sources have said the Cowboys would love for Chiefs CB Brandon Carr to hit the open market, so they can make a run at him," the Web site posted Sunday . "The expectation is that the Chiefs could franchise Carr and are said to be in fine cap shape, but they also have WR Dwayne Bowe to worry about.

"If Carr somehow makes it to March 13 unsigned, expect the Cowboys to go all in for him and worry about a high-profile guard (Carl Nicks or someone else) thereafter."...
  2. supercowboy8

supercowboy8 Well-Known Member

5,533 Messages
    351 Likes Received
    We will get Carr.

As for Nicks, I want us to but I don't see it.
    I heard where Nicks wants an average 9-10 million a year. 6 year 54=-60 million is to much for Nicks.
    Grubbs is a good player but had a nagging injury last year. Giving him big money now after coming off a injury plagued year will not be a smart move.

We may look at Center, Hardwick, Myers, Stalele could all be the player Dallas looks at. Wells wants big money and Miami and Tennessee are both high on his want to play list.

Then in the draft I know everyone wants DeCastro as well as I do but I think they go defense in this draft and get a C or OG later. Some how makes a trade for a late 2nd or early 3rd. Phillip Blake or Brandon Brooks.
  3. newlander

newlander Well-Known Member

8,205 Messages
    123 Likes Received

.........and lil' dan always gets is man: if this is true, he'll outbid Jerrah for him
  4. supercowboy8

5,533 Messages
    351 Likes Received
    well Dan wanted Bigg but Jerry won that one. We might get into another bidding war with Dan again over Nicks. But Nicks has double the cap space Jerry has.
  5. Risen Star

Risen Star Likes Collector Zone Supporter

22,579 Messages
    9,744 Likes Received
    I'd love for that to be true because the last thing I want is another overpaid CB on this roster but name me one FA we aggressively pursued that the Redskins outbid us on.

I can't think of one. We were lukewarm on Bowen last year. The Redskins coveted Leonard Davis. We got him.
  6. cowboy_ron

cowboy_ron You Can't Fix Stupid

4,234 Messages
    295 Likes Received
    I truly believe that we sign Carr on day one of FA
  7. speedkilz88

speedkilz88 Well-Known Member

20,856 Messages
    1,233 Likes Received
    It kinda sounds like the other teams think that there is already a wink-wink deal.
  8. newlander

newlander Well-Known Member

8,205 Messages
    123 Likes Received

....but I wouldn't count on it: not if his agent is doing his job: there will be some competition for his services
  9. supercowboy8

5,533 Messages
    351 Likes Received
    I think he was referring to Nicks and not Carr.
    If Dallas signs Carr, and Redskins hav 42 million to spend Nicks will be a redskin
  10. supercowboy8

5,533 Messages
    351 Likes Received
    I think its already a behind the scene done deal
  11. cowboy_ron

4,234 Messages
    295 Likes Received
    Most likely is..it was reported last week tha this stuff would happen this week. How else can a player get on a plane 5 minutes after FA starts:)
  12. silverbear

silverbear Semi-Official Loose Cannon

24,188 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Gee, I must have missed where Nnamdi Asomugha signed with the Skins last year...
  13. FuzzyLumpkins

FuzzyLumpkins The Boognish

16,594 Messages
    2,474 Likes Received
    The article is dated 2/27.
  14. DCBoysfan

DCBoysfan Hardwork and Dedication Zone Supporter

4,529 Messages
    211 Likes Received
    We get Carr and Grubbs I will be very..very happy.
  15. DFWJC

DFWJC Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

23,498 Messages
    2,376 Likes Received
    It really could happen.
  16. cowboy_ron

4,234 Messages
    295 Likes Received
    I could be mistaken, but I thought Grubbs got the tag
  17. Dash28

Dash28 Felis silvestris catus

7,012 Messages
    641 Likes Received
    Ray Rice did.
  18. cowboy_ron

4,234 Messages
    295 Likes Received
    You're right I remember that now
  19. Fredd

Fredd Well-Known Member

3,958 Messages
    1,520 Likes Received
    If the Mario rumors are true, then say good-bye to Grubbs and Carr - I can't imagine getting Williams and then one or more top FA's...I would love it, I just can't see it....Mario would likely mean rescinding Spencer as well...
  20. Manwiththeplan

Manwiththeplan Well-Known Member

5,170 Messages
    335 Likes Received
    Nicks really doesn't fit Mike Shannahan's profile. Nicks moves well for a man his size (340+) but Shannahan wants guards that do almost all pulling, sweeps, screens, ect. Nicks is capable, but he's best when lining up and bulldozing his man. And while Nicks is only 27, it wouldn't be practical to spend that much money on a guy will lose mobility towards the end of his contract when that is what you value the most. I'd actually be suprised if Nicks was on Washington's radar.