1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Fox Sports: 11 Reasons the Cowboys Need to Draft Johnny Football

Discussion in 'Draft Zone' started by Boyzmamacita, Jan 9, 2014.

1. KB1122

KB1122 Well-Known Member

1,355 Messages
    292 Likes Received
    The thing is, though, you're going to have to give up an insane ransom for any quarterback with first round value in any year (unless you plan to lose your way there).

This year, Bridgewater, Manziel, Bortles and quite possibly Carr will go top 5.

Next year, Winston, Hundley and Mariota likely will go top 5.

If you are in the middle of the round nowadays, your choice is to trade up for a ransom to take a first-round value or to take a second round value in the middle of the first round. Or a third-or fourth-round value in the second round, or ....

It's just a question of when you bite the bullet.
  2. KB1122

KB1122 Well-Known Member

1,355 Messages
    292 Likes Received
    I don't see the "me player" that others see. His teammates love him and play hard for him.

People seem to think that all good quarterbacks are Aaron Rodgers live-in-the-film-room types. In the 60s they were all fun-loving playboys - Jurgensen, Meredith, Namath, etc. Favre was a good old boy. There are different types and different personality. Johnny likes the ladies and the ladies like Johnny.
    pjtoadie likes this.
  3. Beast_from_East

Beast_from_East Well-Known Member

14,405 Messages
    2,130 Likes Received
    Or we could draft some defense and keep the QB we have..........................how effective is any QB when the other team never punts?
    Fredd likes this.
  4. KB1122

KB1122 Well-Known Member

1,355 Messages
    292 Likes Received
    Do you think we can rebuild the defense within Romo's championship window?

I'm skeptical.
  5. Beast_from_East

Beast_from_East Well-Known Member

14,405 Messages
    2,130 Likes Received
    It all depends on how his back is.........if he fully recovers, I could see him playing another 3 or 4 seasons............if his back is chronic, then he may only have 1 or 2 seasons left................all depends on how his back holds up next year.
  6. Floaty

Floaty Benched

752 Messages
    265 Likes Received
    Don't see the "me" player??????? You have got to be kidding.....that's all he is about. If Jerry Jones wants to alienate fans that live outside the state of Texas He'll draft this wannabe.

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG] [IMG]

[IMG]
  7. LOBO7

LOBO7 Active Member

319 Messages
    46 Likes Received
    No body knows how Romo is going to feel, surgery isnt a guarentee.
    I would love to have a QB that can do some damage with his legs, puts soooo much pressure on the
    linbackers. With a qb that can run your TEs should be open often especially in the mid to deep seems.
    LBs have to decide to protect against Manziel running or drop into coverage, either decison is the wrong one.
  8. ghst187

ghst187 Well-Known Member

5,463 Messages
    106 Likes Received
    yeah, in fact, I think any team, even drafting #1, are going to regret not taking Manziel.
    I'm hoping for an Aaron Rodgers-like drop into the teens but don't think that's going to happen.
  9. xwalker

xwalker Well-Known Member

11,616 Messages
    4,166 Likes Received
    Romo cannot be traded. The NFL does not allow teams to carry 30 players on their roster which is what would be required to get under the cap if Romo is traded.